317 replies to this topic

#141 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 2131 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

BARRICADE

If I were to nominate someone from the movies, it'd be Barricade. To me, he's the most recognizable Decepticon of the whole lot. He's the first Decepticon we get to see for any great length of time. The first 'con to talk. The first 'con to show off the Decepticon badge. And as a cop car, he stands out from all the military vehicles the rest of the 'cons adopt. Also, after a half hour or so into the movie, he gave us our very first Autobot vs. Decepticon fight. And he showed up again briefly near the end, and once more in DotM. I don't think they were going to bring him back, evidenced by his absence in RotF, but there he was in DotM. Fan demand brought him back? Maybe, but I like to think so. icon-fire.gif

#142 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 19917 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(Octavius Prime @ Feb 24 2012, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Feb 24 2012, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Octavius Prime @ Feb 24 2012, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll stick with my Ultra Magnus nomination, but I agree with Sipher's point on Bulkhead. My only (echoed) hesitation is that he's only been in 2 series so far.

That's as many as Waspinator has been in, and twice as many as Dinobot.

...and I didn't vote for either of them.

Would you like a cookie?

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#143 Detective Fork

Detective Fork

Generic Purple Wavey Avatar

• Citizen
  • 2833 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

COSMOS all the way, baby!

#144 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8496 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Feb 24 2012, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Octavius Prime @ Feb 24 2012, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Feb 24 2012, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Octavius Prime @ Feb 24 2012, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll stick with my Ultra Magnus nomination, but I agree with Sipher's point on Bulkhead. My only (echoed) hesitation is that he's only been in 2 series so far.

That's as many as Waspinator has been in, and twice as many as Dinobot.

...and I didn't vote for either of them.

Would you like a cookie?

Heh, why not. I actually just had two thin mints...

I'm just pointing out that the one main reason that I wouldn't necessarily wouldn't want to support Bulkhead for HoF is a trait shared by other characters that I also didn't vote for (same thing with Mako's suggestion - Barricade. Of course, he also hasn't had any real characterization, unlike BH). And yes, I don't care for the fact that the HoF has basically just turned into a formula of G1 + 1 BW every year, but if Bulkhead were the non-G1 candidate this year (that is, if he were the only one), I might consider voting for him since I know there's some actual thought behind his inclusion rather than OMG BW

Edited by Octavius Prime, 24 February 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#145 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4777 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 23 2012, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My for real nomination is

BEAST WARS MEGATRON

Mine too.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#146 Classic Tom

Classic Tom

Partying like it's 1933!

• Citizen
  • 5357 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

So no hidden meaning intended, I'm pro-Swindle. I like how he shows that a scramble character can be recognizable and used outside of his subGroup either in Animated, or most of the IDW comics. I just wish there was none of this scam subtext in some nominations which is tarnishing his chances like Erector

#147 Erector

Erector
  • Citizen
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(Yertle @ Feb 24 2012, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So no hidden meaning intended, I'm pro-Swindle. I like how he shows that a scramble character can be recognizable and used outside of his subGroup either in Animated, or most of the IDW comics. I just wish there was none of this scam subtext in some nominations which is tarnishing his chances like Erector

I don't see how it tarnishes anything. If a certain incompetent business would try and distract their customer base by pimping the fictional character popularity contest rather than discuss real-world problems they are causing said customer base, I have no problem turning said contest on its ear a bit, if only to remind said business that said customer base will not forget said real-world problems, as well as hold said business's incompetence more firmly in the view of its license grantor at a marquee event. An event, in fact, where most if not all attendees in the audience will have exposed themselves to credit card fraud by preregistering for.

Plus, you know, Fred Willard can do no wrong. He makes everything he touches exponentially more awesome. He's a credit to his profession and a comedy genius.

#148 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 6053 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Octavius Prime @ Feb 24 2012, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And yes, I don't care for the fact that the HoF has basically just turned into a formula of G1 + 1 BW every year, but if Bulkhead were the non-G1 candidate this year (that is, if he were the only one), I might consider voting for him since I know there's some actual thought behind his inclusion rather than OMG BW

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

#149 Starfield

Starfield
  • Citizen
  • 1309 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(Gunrage @ Feb 24 2012, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Starfield @ Feb 24 2012, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bruticus

Would that include all the Combaticons as well?

No way man! The individual Combaticons* are undeserving the honor of being in the Hall of Fame.

*[edit]: Except possibly Swindle

Edited by Starfield, 24 February 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#150 KnightConvoy

KnightConvoy

Greetings!

• Citizen
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

I vote Swindle as well, in light of seeing heavy support for something to do with the combiner they are planning to release hopefully someday It will lead to further releases of other combiners such as Computron! icon-hotrod.gif

#151 Exillion

Exillion
  • Citizen
  • 989 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Anyone do a banner for Bulkhead, preferrably from TF Prime?

Any new banners for Hot Rod?
Knowledge combined with experience are the building blocks to enlightenment.

#152 Ninjatron

Ninjatron

These are the results of ninja training!

• Citizen
  • 2065 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

My nomination is for:

SKY-BYTE

Fame shall be assured
The star of the Predacons
Greatest shark in Town

Sayonara.

#153 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2210 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(Mako Crab @ Feb 24 2012, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Otaku

Okay, I've cooled down a bit. Gotta' remember it's just a cartoon. Just a cartoon. . .

I think the confusion came from the fact that, I hadn't seen Daith's post, and you jumped right into painting one of my favorite characters as nothing more than a pair of boobs in your dead-pan fashion. That, and despite being a parody of Daith or whoever's arguments, you seem to believe what you're saying. And if that really is your opinion, I shouldn't care either way. But I felt like I should explain that there is a lot more to the character than just her boobs.

Emphasis added by me. You are correct that I am no longer a BA (Beast Wars version) fan (and was never fond of her in Beast Machines for stealing out Jestorm icon-megs.gif ). I really enjoyed what was done with the character in Animated, however. The part of your quote in bold was just a reminder you had your chance here, and I was eager to continue the discussion. From time to time I still go back and read the Revisiting Beast Machines, which is what turned Beast Machines from my least favorite series into... well, far from my favorite, but much more enjoyable. XD

QUOTE(Otaku @ Feb 24 2012, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...when I think you need to get a life, it should be a major concern.

Quoting myself to... myself. Like anyone needs me to tell them I was taking this too seriously.

On to actual suggestions, Swindle does sound pretty good, and I am wondering if I should start a thread to discuss the finer points of the Hall of Fame. I really am curious about what qualities fans believe should matter for characters to get in.

Edited by Otaku, 25 February 2012 - 11:35 AM.

Jesus loves you!

No, really!

#154 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 45614 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(Erector @ Feb 24 2012, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see how it tarnishes anything. If a certain incompetent business would try and distract their customer base by pimping the fictional character popularity contest rather than discuss real-world problems they are causing said customer base, I have no problem turning said contest on its ear a bit, if only to remind said business that said customer base will not forget said real-world problems, as well as hold said business's incompetence more firmly in the view of its license grantor at a marquee event. An event, in fact, where most if not all attendees in the audience will have exposed themselves to credit card fraud by preregistering for.

Sounds entirely petty and childish to me.
ALSO Hasbro went along with the joke last year but it was quite clear that they didn't want something like that happening again this year. But here we are with not just a penis joke but a petty and vindictive "joke" that will lead to nothing more than making Hasbro wonder why they put up with this fandom.

Try being mature about the situation. Be upset. Be angry. Voice your opinion. But don't hijack of fun fan event just to be petty.

Edited by Cheetimus Primal, 25 February 2012 - 11:39 AM.

15150339998_8487598f71_o.jpg

#155 Monzo

Monzo

The Weirdest Fan Experience

• Citizen
  • 2137 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Just a reminder, but the Wiki's voting is also open!

http://tfwiki.net/wi...ditions/Entries

#156 Erector

Erector
  • Citizen
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 25 2012, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ALSO Hasbro went along with the joke last year but it was quite clear that they didn't want something like that happening again this year. But here we are with not just a penis joke but a petty and vindictive "joke" that will lead to nothing more than making Hasbro wonder why they put up with this fandom.

Try being mature about the situation. Be upset. Be angry. Voice your opinion. But don't hijack of fun fan event just to be petty.

Maybe they'll wonder why they put up with Fun Publications.

#157 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 2739 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

I'll nominate Beast Wars Megatron.
@1ststagemidboss Tumblr
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7308-5185 - Let me know if you add me.
PSN: AWindfall

#158 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 45614 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(Erector @ Feb 25 2012, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Throwing a fit will only make the fandom look bad.
Hasbro is aware of the situation. Don't make it worse for US.

Edited by Cheetimus Primal, 25 February 2012 - 01:09 PM.

15150339998_8487598f71_o.jpg

#159 Erector

Erector
  • Citizen
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 25 2012, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Erector @ Feb 25 2012, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Throwing a fit will only make the fandom look bad.
Hasbro is aware of the situation. Don't make it worse for US.

Or what, they cancel the Generations toyline? Leave FOC Bruticus one-legged? Burn the First Edition molds in a Viking funeral? Move Botcon to only alcohol-free venues?

...actually, that last one would kind of suck.

#160 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 2131 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(Otaku @ Feb 25 2012, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The part of your quote in bold was just a reminder you had your chance here, and I was eager to continue the discussion.

I wasn't trying to sell you on Blackarachnia or any other character with those reviews. I was just doing those for fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users