3 replies to this topic

#1 Stungun

Stungun

Mythbusting

• Citizen
  • 13436 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

So, basically, since I just finished creating my first characters and their backstories for D&D, I'd like to request art of one of them. I was torn between asking for an art request of Kaya (Razorclaw Shifter Artificer) or Ferrus Pax (Warforged Monk), but I ended up going with Kaya.

As usual, I'd like the art-style to be stylized and angular - kind of reminiscent of Mike Mignola's art, or the art of the DCAU with a pinch of anime influence.

As for Kaya... *ahem* She's a Razorclaw Shifter. Razorclaw Shifters are descended from weretigers, so she has some cat-like features. Pointy ears, cat-like eyes, and such. This guy's shifter NPC: http://jrinaldi.devi...etches-94475786 gives a good example of her facial structure and expressions, being a beastperson leaning more towards "beast" than "person" to add a little more variety to the group of characters I've crafted (which has your standard human Fighter, your semi-standard Half-Elf Rogue with an Arabian Nights twist, and your even more unstandard than she is magical robo-golem monk) than the standard "Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling" group. She doesn't have a tail, and she's kind of scrawny, build-wise - she's no standard Frank Frazetta-styled girl, mainly because I like designing and creating female characters who aren't the usual bombshell look that super/fantasy/sci-fi heroines are. Since her face is more animal-like, she doesn't have human-like lips, either. She's around twenty-three, I guess.

As for her wardrobe - because the whole "female fantasy characters have to wear less clothes than males" deal just seems silly when you have blades, arrows, fangs and magic missiles coming at you, she wears a full wardrobe - working goggles on her forehead, a padded brown vest jacket that she enchanted so it can act as armor, a light khaki-colored undershirt with long sleeves, heavy-duty brown working gloves that she made with holes in the finger tips so she can use her claws, baggy brown-black pants, and... Spats like the Thundercats wear in the new cartoon. Not too practical, you'd think, until you realize that, like the Thundercats, she needs the claws on her feet to climb well - it's one of her major skills. As for her weapon, it's an an automatic crossbow like the one from that ridiculous Van Helsing movie with Wolverine in it.

As for her expression and pose, she could be standing with her crossbow slung on its carrying strap over her shoulders with a little cat-like smirk on her face. Her personality is that she's kind of your typical hot-headed mechanic who's trying to prove herself - she's basically a Shifter version of Rosie the Riveter icon-fire.gif She has very messy pixie cut with mid length hair - she spends so much time in the forge, she doesn't care about actually styling her hair.

Edited by Spin Out, 22 February 2012 - 01:52 PM.

QUOTE(Detour @ Sep 13 2013, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It really depresses me when I see kids getting the intelligent cartoons and "adults" getting the most immature garbage ever animated.

#2 Stungun

Stungun

Mythbusting

• Citizen
  • 13436 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

Just bumping the thread so everyone can see that this has been changed to a sketch request - colors aren't necessary.
It really depresses me when I see kids getting the intelligent cartoons and "adults" getting the most immature garbage ever animated.

#3 Weremole

Weremole

Ah, what the heck. What is in a name?

• Citizen
  • 5848 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:13 AM

You spend an awful lot of time explaining your reasons for not wanting something rather than explaining what you want. There is a fine but essential difference there.

#4 Stungun

Stungun

Mythbusting

• Citizen
  • 13436 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

HEEEEEE thanks, Weremole!

And yeah, I kind of go way overboard with descriptions.

Edited by Spin Out, 08 March 2012 - 09:27 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users