25 replies to this topic

#21 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2393 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ Feb 16 2012, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do we have a confirmed DPCI for this thing, by any chance?

I second the request for this!
"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#22 Junior

Junior

TRU's Host & creator of TF Fan Events

• Citizen
  • 801 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Here is the DPCI for it 087-06-0641 from a thread @tfw2005

#23 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2393 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

Excellent...none in NJ yet!
"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#24 OnePerCase

OnePerCase
  • Protoform
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(RCX @ Feb 17 2012, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent...none in NJ yet!

A BIG thanks to Treadshot2.0 for finding this little gem in the Sacramento area! That's where I'm at.

I went to said Target and looked for this thing. They had yet to actually put it out on the shelf and there were no tags on the shelves themselves. I didn't know the DCPI right off, but luckily it was posted in this same thread by RCX. I gave the DCPI to Guest Services and they located 2 of these in the back. They brought both of them out, of which I only bought 1.

While we've received this Deluxe mold of Prime before, I really like the coloring... with the exception of the black hub-caps. But that's not the important part. The reason most of us will buy this thing is the trailer. If you're an Optimus collector like me, then you're going to get this thing. If you don't focus on Optimus, or aren't a completionist, then you can probably skip this one. This thing is pretty... very much a sit on your shelf looking pretty show piece. As a toy, it's not all that functional. It's a hollow, flimsy feeling trailer. And small... can't forget small. I was in shock about the size when the employee handed it to me. I know it's a trailer for a Deluxe fig... but even so... tiny. But... like I said, I collect Optimus figs, so I had to have it.

Here are some pics from my review. To see the rest, please check out my review over at OnePerCase.net.

#25 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle

Zzzzz...

• Citizen
  • 4528 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

No surprise, but like the Chronicle version, the trailer can be converted into a display mode for the three semi-inexplicable TF Prime McDonalds toys that were released in Japan last year. You just need to unscrew the bottom portion from underneath and flip the three panels around.

Oddly, the same screw was mashed and unremovable on both my Chronicle and Movie Trilogy versions, and a Japanese review suggests they may all be like that. Taking out the rest gives you enough wiggle room to get all three panels switched, though.

Attached Thumbnails

• McTrailer.jpg

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

LEGO Clone Wars: The Animated Comics

#26 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 46220 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ Feb 20 2012, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No surprise, but like the Chronicle version, the trailer can be converted into a display mode for the three semi-inexplicable TF Prime McDonalds toys that were released in Japan last year. You just need to unscrew the bottom portion from underneath and flip the three panels around.

Oddly, the same screw was mashed and unremovable on both my Chronicle and Movie Trilogy versions, and a Japanese review suggests they may all be like that. Taking out the rest gives you enough wiggle room to get all three panels switched, though.

My Chronicle one was like that too. Glad to see it's not just mine.

Randy

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users