246 replies to this topic

#41 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8505 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

Man I hope they don't bring Megatron back.

That'd suck.

#42 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 12042 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

TF4: Rescue bots the movie!

#43 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

There's a brave new world that's raging inside of me

• Citizen
  • 1248 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Feb 13 2012, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was really hoping the 30th anniversary toyline and media would not be primarily movie-centric.

^THIS.
A million times VY Canis Majoris this.

I know were getting a lot of Generations love in 2013, but the anniversary year is symbolically important... and any movie toy line is going to eat away at our chances for some love for/celebration the rest of the franchise and its history.

So boo.

Also I can't think of a good fourth film in any film series. ( > ~ > )
And don't even say "A New Hope"... it's Episode 4 but it that doesn't mean it's movie four...
7244b91b-c7b0-4fa1-9807-9bbc554d14b6_zps
FOR SALE: Minicon 10-Packs! WANTED: TRU MASTERPIECE OPTIMUS PRIME, please PM if you have one for sale!

#44 Hecate

Hecate

Beyond the Bounds

• Citizen
  • 27821 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:13 AM

Transformers 4: The Legend of Curly's Gold

superliminalsubliminalliminal

#45 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 6160 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE(Kira Kira @ Feb 14 2012, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Star Trek IV.

(TF 4 likely won't be as good, but I'm just sayin')

#46 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14009 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Feb 14 2012, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That'd suck.

How would you feel about Galvatron?

Woooo!

#47 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8505 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE(Zodberg @ Feb 14 2012, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Feb 14 2012, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That'd suck.

How would you feel about Galvatron?

It could work.

I'd kinda like Thunderwing though.

Not that anything in my posts is realistic, of course.

Edited by Cabooceratops, 14 February 2012 - 03:25 AM.

#48 Backscatter

Backscatter

Autobot Brainmaster

• Protoform
  • 18 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:58 AM

June 29th 2014. That's a Sunday. Anyway, I'm very okay with Michael Bay doing Transformers 4. I think I read on Facebook somewhere that TF4 is planned to take place between ROTF and DOTM. That way, many of the Decepticons could "come back". Myabe we'll finally get to see the death of Skids and Mudflap. icon-fire.gif

- Backscatter

"Megatron failed. I lived...but changed. Since then, I feel only hatred ..."

#49 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

getting ready for Nightmare night

• Citizen
  • 22391 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:06 AM

Secret evil badguy (Straxus) is revealed to have had issues with Megatron in the past and created a clone of him with Straxus' personality ... it then met Sentinal Prime... lost the cube and however the hell the fallen fits in there.

movie 4.. THE REAL MEGATRON WAKES UP AND BRINGS SKYWARP BRUTICUS and Slipstream to earth after hearing Prime's repeated signals that that's where he is.

DUN DUN DUN MOVIE 4
Apparently Not happening tonight ... nobody tells me nothin'
I mean seriously how am I supposed to keep these ads updated and on topic...?

#50 David Thomsen

David Thomsen
  • Citizen
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

What I am excited about: More possible movie toys, possible continuation of the Human Alliance range, possible actual release of Human Alliance Soundwave.

What I am not excited about: Michael Bay. After ROTF, I actually thought they would make a better film with DOTM... no, turns out I really just can't stand Michael Bay. Do you know how many films Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has starred in since DOTM? None. Because every other director on the planet is not a hugging idiot.

I know it will make as much difference as a leaf in a snowstorm, but I am not paying to see this film.

Edited by David Thomsen, 14 February 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#51 Freddycon

Freddycon
  • Citizen
  • 597 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

I'm glad to see another movie being made, and I really am not so disappointed that Bay is at the helm once again *Ducks multiple thrown objects from the bay haters!* My only concern is... Who's left to terrorize the Earth and make trouble for the Autobots to go into action against? Most every Decepticon that was even mentioned in the movies are now dead or offlined. Unicron? Hard to get him into the story without some really shaky plot twists. Thunderwing? meh... Jhiaxus? Too obscure a character to sell to anyone other than the really dedicated fans, regular moviegoers won't know jack about him.

Hoping that this one will be a reboot (If that happens) that can be appreciated by both new and old fans alike without slapping either fandom in the face or blatantly insulting the longtime fans of the genre.

#52 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 8948 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:02 AM

I've no problem with Bay helming things still, other than wanting to see what others might have had to offer. I don't mind Bay's style as much as many do; he just needs to be reined in and supplied with a decent script. And kept the hell away from deserts. I hope they stick to launching it in 2014 at the earliest, not moving it up a year even to holiday 2013.

What I have more of an issue with is the look for some characters -- particularly the frontrunners Prime, Bee, etc -- needs to evolve a step as I think even the general public might be getting burnt out on them [I know I am].

Plot-wise, it might be to their benefit to start with a mostly-new batch of characters [Decepticon-wise they have almost no choice]. But I'd love to see them try their hand at prequels, so they can keep the earlier cast and possibly even flesh them out a bit. Then again, this might end up giving the characters either Cybertronian-only bodies or forms similar to the first film's...

EDIT: Oh, now it's a "re-imagining" apparently. Hurm.

Edited by lastmaximal, 14 February 2012 - 07:28 AM.

ho6m.png

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE

Virtually&nbsp;every custom as good as the title suggests!

#53 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48473 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(Kira Kira @ Feb 14 2012, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Feb 13 2012, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was really hoping the 30th anniversary toyline and media would not be primarily movie-centric.

^THIS.
A million times VY Canis Majoris this.

I know were getting a lot of Generations love in 2013, but the anniversary year is symbolically important... and any movie toy line is going to eat away at our chances for some love for/celebration the rest of the franchise and its history.

So boo.

And don't even say "A New Hope"... it's Episode 4 but it that doesn't mean it's movie four...

Actually I think Hasbro is going to have learned their lesson with DotM and pull a G.I. Joe Retaliation and have a scaled back line compared to the first 3 movies.

At least that's what I hope.

Randy

#54 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 2811 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

I assume Hasbro forced them to leak this news so the fandom would stop squalling about First Edition and move on to squalling about Bay.

#55 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 19985 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(M Sipher @ Feb 14 2012, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(repowers @ Feb 14 2012, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Feb 14 2012, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They'll be REAL F-35 Lightning II's and not CGI, which makes it incredibly better because something something.

Hey, did you know? That military garble you couldn't understand? That was based on REAL military chatter, and the way you didn't understand it is exactly the same way you wouldn't understand actual real-life military chatter! Amazing, huh?

Yeah, what an ass, doing something that matches up with reality. That tool. He should just make up stuff so we can bitch about THAT the same way as if he didn't.

M "And I'm Kind Of Appalled In Principle At The Notion That CGI > Practical Effects" Sipher

Didn't you hear? If you didn't like a movie, that means absolutely every individual thing about it is terrible, without exception. What? The Autobots turn into cars? Chicago is a city? Humans watch television? WHAT A HACK!

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#56 Magnus

Magnus

Board

• Supporter
  • 7492 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

Well, I can't say i'm surprised. The amount of money the third film made basically sealed the deal. I imagine that Paramount literally drove a dumptruck full of cash up to Bay's mansion.

Even though I enjoyed the reaction to "Give me your face" and ax-murder-to-the-head Prime, even i'm getting tired of the movie-verse as it is.

Well, these guys are obviously professionals, so i'm sure they'll put something together that makes ridiculous amounts of money. I just hope it's coherent.

#57 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 1784 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

It's not gonna be better.
It'll be same crap again.
They did it 3 times, they'll make crap again.
Don't be fooled by false promises, save your money and watch better movies. Invest in quality.

#58 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 2131 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

You know, to this day I still love part 1. What a great, stupid, fun movie that was. I bought the Barricade toy soon as I could. He was the only movie-toy I ever (and will ever) bought.

Part 2 and 3 just didn't do it for me. But it's with part 3 that I feel we saw what Bay could do when he was at the top of his game. More robot carnage than ever before. More giant set pieces and explosions and a movie over 2 1/2 hours long to accomplish everything he wanted. But to me, the whole thing just felt hollow and soulless. I left the theater for the 2nd time in a row feeling underwhelmed by a Transformers movie.

Maybe if someone would actually churn out a good script, Bay could make something worthwhile. Maybe. But now it's a reboot?? Why a reboot? Part 1 only just came out 5 years ago. What in the world do we need a reboot for? To try and get it right this time? Sorry, but that's not going to happen. It's another Michael Bay film. He's already had three tries. It's just not going to happen.

I'm honestly considering just skipping this one. All I'm feeling is disinterest and apathy. I just don't care about TF4.

#59 repowers

repowers

I AM THE ONE OF GOOD!!!

• Citizen
  • 564 posts
  • Location:Washington, DC! The first step in our conquest OF THE WORLD!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(M Sipher @ Feb 14 2012, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, what an ass, doing something that matches up with reality. That tool. He should just make up stuff so we can bitch about THAT the same way as if he didn't.

The point is that Bay focuses so heavily on effects, on realistic military doings, and not incidentally on big explosions, that the whole "heart and magic" thing got totally lost in the shuffle in RotF and didn't exist at all with DotM.

I don't CARE how he gets his film jets. I care about a good story. Can't he blow a little more of his budget on that instead of Air Force recruitment shots?

Edited by repowers, 14 February 2012 - 08:31 AM.

repowers @ TFWiki.net

Robert is made to withstand plenty of play, and transforms from car to robot! Go, Robert, go!

Why will we solve after Robert grasps the abysmal winter's ulcer? He may change rural tailors, do you join them? The films, tapes, and spoons are all good and fresh.

#60 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 1784 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE(TheMightyMollusk @ Feb 14 2012, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The prospect of the movie interests me, but if the design aesthetic stays the same as the last three, I'm going to be saving a lot of money for a few months.

They'll probably make them more G1 like to give us the illusion that it's going to be a much better movie (we, the fans, are additional cash cows, while the primary cash cows - the general audience will go to see it either way).

Edited by D.M, 14 February 2012 - 08:36 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users