I am what I am.

#22 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Showtime!

• Citizen
  • 21501 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

yeah I wonder who put the episode on Youtube...?
Tammy,',tec,OP,Shenanigans,Jen,Destron and some other guy. Thursdays.
"next week not 12hours long"

#23 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 53373 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

Pretty amazing episode.

There are so many great parts that it's hard to think of a 'best' but one that stood our for me was how Megatron is being played. Far from the archetype cliche of "YOU DARE QUESTION ME???" of many super villains and leaders, Megatron calmly explained to Knock Out his intention with the guards and why Optimus didn't need to be watched.

And while he did offer a veiled threat to Airrachnid, he still took the time to address their concerns about his plans for Optimus and what will ultimately happen if they don't follow his plans to the letter. I really like this in a bad guy character because it breaks the stereotype that he has to be a raving lunatic incapable of leading through anything but a temper tantrum.

The Chekov's gun of "Where's Starscream?" seemed a bit jarring, but aside from that this is probably the best episode of Prime yet.

#24 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 16614 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

"I have a microchip in my butt that tells Uncle Sam every time I try to go for donuts BUT YOU CAN'T FIND OPTIMUS PRIME?!"

So the "butt cheek microchip" conspiracy theory is true in the Prime-verse?
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#25 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Showtime!

• Citizen
  • 21501 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

I like that this episode shows us WHY the Autobots need Prime...

lots of yelling and board-unfriendly words would be said. LOL

Again Soundwave is a badass

I don't care how often I'd seen a space bridge work... I'd have still flinched
Tammy,',tec,OP,Shenanigans,Jen,Destron and some other guy. Thursdays.
"next week not 12hours long"

#26 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

I couldn’t speak, you said, “I’m listening!”

• Citizen
  • 966 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

This ep: so frakkin' sweet!

Oh and while watching it I said to my cousin "Arcee is this show's Raph." ...specifically referring to Raphael from the live-action TMNT films.
You know it to be true! ( > u < )
SELLING: Minicon 10-Packs! WANTED: TRU MASTERPIECE OPTIMUS PRIME, please PM if you have one for sale!

#27 Hecate

Hecate

When should we three meet as one?

• Citizen
  • 25721 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:48 AM

Oh hey, those were all tanks. More human casualties.

I am what I am.

#28 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 14020 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

New season, new episodes, same old intro. Pity...

Anyway, I did really enjoy this, but... it kind of sounds like they'll be bringing Optimus back to his old self, and... well, I don't really want that. I like the idea of a new beginning, of sorts, for Optimus Prime and getting a bit more character going with him this time.

Here's hoping they don't reboot him back to the status quo.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

R41hv4t.jpg

gNLoMUt.png

#29 Robert McSantos

Robert McSantos
  • Citizen
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

Jackimus Prime

#30 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 3465 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

So is Jack's name really Jackson?
Why does he have a last name for a first name? I'm hoping his Dad's name is also Jack and it is just a weird way of saying "Jack jr".

Not that big of a deal. It is just the first time I've seen a -son name used as a given name.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 19 February 2012 - 07:01 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#31 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2392 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

I have a good friend named Jackson. And his dad's name isn't Jack.
If I had to pick a best part (so difficult), I have to agree with Kalidor. Frank Welker's Megatron here is absolutely fantastic. Even though he is calmly and quietly scheming all the way, there were times when he's speaking to Orion that I swear I saw a glimmer that he was happy to be with his old friend. Intentional or not (or whether I'm reading too much into it), it was a nice additional layer.

Edited by RCX, 19 February 2012 - 09:18 AM.

"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#32 Yertle

Yertle

Partying like it's 1933!

• Citizen
  • 5334 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(Silent_Magnus @ Feb 19 2012, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does he have a last name for a first name? I'm hoping his Dad's name is also Jack and it is just a weird way of saying "Jack jr".

Not that big of a deal. It is just the first time I've seen a -son name used as a given name.

I'm guessing you're not from a natively English speaking community because surnames as given names aren't too uncommon. It's most common with the -son surnames with "Madison" being one of the most popular girl names of the past decades in the States. You can even find people with first names of "Fletcher" or "Harris"

#33 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 3465 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

You know, for things that are not really in the public knowledge of the franchise, space bridges drive a lot of Transformers fiction.
They feel like they're almost on the same level as energon.

QUOTE(Yertle @ Feb 19 2012, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Silent_Magnus @ Feb 19 2012, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm guessing you're not from a natively English speaking community because surnames as given names aren't too uncommon. It's most common with the -son surnames with "Madison" being one of the most popular girl names of the past decades in the States. You can even find people with first names of "Fletcher" or "Harris"

Yeah, now that I'm awake that's making more sense. I originally thought of that in a dream.
Still think having a -son name is weird. More so than other last-name-as-first names.
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#34 Ruler Bulon

Ruler Bulon
  • Citizen
  • 2364 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Feb 19 2012, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fowler just says there were a bunch of guys injured, so...uh, parachutes?

#35 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 2099 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

So much stuff going on in this episode, I don't even know where to begin.

HIGHLIGHT to view:
* Prime has teeth! Did he have teeth before? Or whatever those are. Looks like a solid bar instead of individual teeth. But great to see him gnashing his teeth, getting angry, looking confused, and just going through a whole range of emotions. Finally we get some personality out of Epic Speechimus Prime.

* I like Megatron's explanation for why they call themselves Decepticons. I wonder how much of that he actually believes.

* Soundwave dispatches intruders with ease! This guy is quickly becoming the 'con to look out for. And also. . . he can open a space bridge ANYWHERE AT WILL!!

* Autobots bickering. Ah yes, the standard scene where we see the 'bots all fall apart without Prime there to guide them. I did enjoy seeing Arcee get in Bulkhead's face though. And he didn't back down. Good times.

* Arcee ripped on Miko!! emoticon

* Looks like more Cybertronian stuff is hidden on Earth. No surprise here. Earth is like their dumping ground. But also looks like we're going to Cybertron, so YAAAAY!!!

* Starscream's back!! I love that he just strolls in with such nonchalant badass demeanor. He was being played for a clown for so much of season 1, that it's good to see him back to his "Darkness Rising" level of badassness.

* How in the world did he get aboard the ship and stroll into the most heavily monitored area without being detected? Ah well, I don't care. It was still awesome.

* I do like that Megatron is well aware that Orion will turn against him just like he did way back on Cybertron. He's just keeping the farce going long enough so Orion can decipher an encrypted message before learning the truth. So often in kids cartoons the villain always thinks he can really turn the hero to the side of evil and it never works out. Here, turning Orion isn't even really part of Megatron's plan. Little twists on common tropes like that make me happy.

Overall:
Great way to kick off the second season. Every bot and con and human got at least a little bit of screen-time, and it was meaty, well-spent screen-time. Eagerly anticipating part 2.

#36 Hecate

Hecate

When should we three meet as one?

• Citizen
  • 25721 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(Ruler Bulon @ Feb 20 2012, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Feb 19 2012, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fowler just says there were a bunch of guys injured, so...uh, parachutes?

Heh, maybe injured refers to people hit by shrapnel and body parts from when those guys blew up.

I am what I am.

#37 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Bristleback hated you all before it was trendy.

• Citizen
  • 9425 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

That had to be the most convoluted explanation as to why they need to drag Jack off to another planet. At least Spike and Sparkplug did not need such plot twists - they usually were first to sign up for such things. icon-fire.gif (Simpler times, those eighties).

And... does this mean the Matrix is gone for good? It was a one-charge magical artifact? (Unless Primus/Cybertron's Core recharges it).

And yay, who guessed, more cybertronian spaceships and artifacts are on Earth! I tell you, the geologists are part of some 'Con'-spiracy, or they are just making up history without actually doing any excavations...

Also...

Is it just me, or does the Nemesis look more and more like a certain giant one-horned Decepticon? Those windows even look like eyes. I'd certainly not mind to see Trypsie on Prime... maybe that's what the remaining Dark Energon could be used for.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 19 February 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#38 Fishbug

Fishbug

Injector has a posse

• Citizen
  • 8919 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Feb 19 2012, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That had to be the most convoluted explanation as to why they need to drag Jack off to another planet. At least Spike and Sparkplug did not need such plot twists - they usually were first to sign up for such things. icon-fire.gif (Simpler times, those eighties).

One generally needs a reason to take unprotected minors to a dead world covered in roving zombie hordes.

#39 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3442 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Overall, a good episode. HIGHLIGHT to view:
I am somewhat disappointed, in that Megatron didn't spin the Decepticon cause in a manner that didn't just reverse their role with the Autobots. I prefer a villian, who at has reasons for his actions, not just one who is unrepentantly evil. It could have been interesting to see him try to sway Orion.

Also, a map to more McGuffins... Uh yay?

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#40 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 16614 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(Mako Crab @ Feb 19 2012, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So much stuff going on in this episode, I don't even know where to begin.

HIGHLIGHT to view:

* Starscream's back!! I love that he just strolls in with such nonchalant badass demeanor. He was being played for a clown for so much of season 1, that it's good to see him back to his "Darkness Rising" level of badassness.

* How in the world did he get aboard the ship and stroll into the most heavily monitored area without being detected? Ah well, I don't care. It was still awesome.

Given what was going on right beforehand, it's reasonable for everyone to have been so distracted that no one simply paid any attention until it was too late.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users