11 replies to this topic

#1 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 46189 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Looks like Masterforce is getting a release of its own (on May 1st) outside of the Complete Japanese collection.
http://www.amazon.co...tvshowsondvdcom

Randy

#2 Moroboshi

Moroboshi

Longtime member, sometimes lurker

• Citizen
  • 658 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

Ah, good...I got Headmasters when I saw it at Best Buy, so I'm glad I can get Masterforce (and presumably Victory) without double-dipping.

#3 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(Moroboshi @ Feb 10 2012, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, good...I got Headmasters when I saw it at Best Buy, so I'm glad I can get Masterforce (and presumably Victory) without double-dipping.

Same here. I really want to have official dvd copies of these. If I didn't already own Headmasters, I would have bought the full Japanese set.

#4 Daith

Daith

Hero of Makeb

• Supporter
  • 5220 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:33 AM

Sweet. Glad to see it finally getting a release. Now let's see if Hasbro can get the rights to RiD and let Shout release it.
3DS Friend Code : 1633-4354-6578 Username: Daith Pokemon X - Trainer Name :Phil

#5 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6712 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

RiD, Zone, BW II, and BW Neo. Might never happen but I'd buy all of them. I don't really understand why we didn't get Zone with the Japanese collection in the first place.

Oh, and Animated. Which is just dumb that it is even on this list.

Edited by GALVATRON I, 11 February 2012 - 03:49 AM.

What is singature?

#6 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 1877 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

So $20 for HM, $20 for MF, and assuming $20 for Victory -- the complete box set through Shout Factory is $90. Is there a justifiable reason for paying $30 more I'm not aware of? These are the two series I wanted most, just been delaying picking up HM assuming the box set would be a better deal -- but it's not looking to be that way.
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#7 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini

TMNT Entity guy

• Citizen
  • 13601 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(GALVATRON I @ Feb 11 2012, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really understand why we didn't get Zone with the Japanese collection in the first place.

Apparantly for the OVAs (Scramble City and Zone), Toei owns them, not Takara, and Toei won't cooperate with Shout on R1 releases. The extent of why hasn't been revealed, though Toei's rather notorious for not working with Western companies releasing their material.
TMNT Entity
Ninja Turtle comic reviews, essays, articles and more!

-Mark Pellegrini

#8 Blues

Blues

Where are my keys?

• Citizen
  • 1038 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

Was it only the full Japanese box set that had those subtitle errors or the headmasters set had those issues also? I was thinking about tracking them down if they all got releases outside of the complete set.

#9 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6712 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE(DrSpengler @ Feb 11 2012, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really understand why we didn't get Zone with the Japanese collection in the first place.

Apparantly for the OVAs (Scramble City and Zone), Toei owns them, not Takara, and Toei won't cooperate with Shout on R1 releases. The extent of why hasn't been revealed, though Toei's rather notorious for not working with Western companies releasing their material.

I see...come on, Toei! My life is incomplete. icon-hotrod.gif
What is singature?

#10 Creedence

Creedence

SUPER NERD wants to fight!

• Citizen
  • 5792 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE(Blues @ Feb 11 2012, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was it only the full Japanese box set that had those subtitle errors or the headmasters set had those issues also?

Headmasters has some grammatical errors (and stupid edits), but there weren't any misplaced or mistimed subtitles like on the other series.

#11 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

We need to get this place sprayed.

• Supporter
  • 4444 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

RiD, Zone, BW II, and BW Neo. Might never happen but I'd buy all of them. I don't really understand why we didn't get Zone with the Japanese collection in the first place.

Oh, and Animated. Which is just dumb that it is even on this list.

Seconded!

Even though I won't bet getting this, and I already have Zone on my Madman sets, I'd like other people to be able to get these.

When you collect MISB/OSC, you're not collecting figures you're collecting boxes!

#12 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 566 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE(Blues @ Feb 11 2012, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was it only the full Japanese box set that had those subtitle errors or the headmasters set had those issues also? I was thinking about tracking them down if they all got releases outside of the complete set.

They're issuing corrected discs for the box set, aren't they? I assume those would be the ones included in the individual releases of Masterforce and Victory.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users