Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  BlackMax : (05 December 2016 - 06:41 PM)

:D

@  LBD "Nyt... : (05 December 2016 - 06:24 PM)

...TAKE IT!

@  LBD "Nyt... : (05 December 2016 - 06:24 PM)

Then make like Bart Simpson and just take it! Take it take it take it take it!

@  BlackMax : (05 December 2016 - 06:18 PM)

..............I ~might~ want all the cold.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (05 December 2016 - 06:17 PM)

Trust me, you're not getting ALL the cold. You don't want ALL the cold.

@  BlackMax : (05 December 2016 - 06:04 PM)

You guys in Canada have nice weather! I know it! You keep sending all the cold down here to Ohio to dump snow on us.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (05 December 2016 - 05:45 PM)

@Nevermore Wonko and I are in Canada. ;P

@  Robowang : (05 December 2016 - 09:58 AM)

Big random stuff sale just posted in BST - Boxed and loose G1, Japanese magazine exclusives, Botcon stuff, and more

@  Waspinator : (05 December 2016 - 07:03 AM)

LINER FORM

@  BlackMax : (05 December 2016 - 04:20 AM)

Momo, Ura, Kin, or Ryu? :D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 December 2016 - 05:00 PM)

But with Tauros you don't really have to worry about cars. ;)

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2016 - 04:20 PM)

At least you don't have to clean up after a bike.

@  Bass X0 : (04 December 2016 - 04:19 PM)

Bicycles? That's old school. Riding a Tauros is the thing to do these days.

@  Nevermore : (04 December 2016 - 03:15 PM)

On a warm and sunny day, I could reach several dozen stores by bike.

@  Nevermore : (04 December 2016 - 03:14 PM)

Lots of small, medium-sized and large cities within a short travelling distance of each other, and decent infrastructure.

@  Nevermore : (04 December 2016 - 03:14 PM)

I guess that's the advantage of living in a decentralized major urban region.

@  Nevermore : (04 December 2016 - 02:55 PM)

Multiples of each except for Scorch Strike Jetstorm.

@  Nevermore : (04 December 2016 - 02:54 PM)

I've seen waves 1-3 of the original torpedo/cyclone/buzzsaw Mini-Cons plus a lone Scorch Strike Jetstorm from wave 4, as well as wave 1 of the Weaponizers.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 December 2016 - 02:33 PM)

I litteraly have to tracel 20 minutes out of town to the next town over if I want to even find the 5 dollar heads. Which of course.. I don't have the money to do *sulks in corner*

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2016 - 02:32 PM)

Yeah, still the first wave.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 December 2016 - 02:32 PM)

You have Minicons?

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2016 - 02:31 PM)

My Walmart has had three minicons and two Leader Skywarps and nothing else for about three months now.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 December 2016 - 02:31 PM)

No seriously... We have almost an entire aisle of Batman/Superman toys... and from what the stocker has told me...at least 10 more boxes of it in the back.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 December 2016 - 02:30 PM)

Wait.. you have Transformers? Around here it's "MAOR BATMANS!"

@  Steevy Maximus : (04 December 2016 - 02:18 PM)

Probably do

@  Nevermore : (04 December 2016 - 02:10 PM)

Seriously, I get the impression we actually have better distribution here around my part in Germany than most of the US does.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (04 December 2016 - 12:06 PM)

Over 40 minutes of waiting on the phone to find out if they had Galvatron (I was aiming for a price match deal if they did). Along the way, I ended up connecting to two other customers who were waiting to be connected to other departments.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (04 December 2016 - 12:00 PM)

Man, Walmart... that was an adventure of sorts yesterday...

@  wonko the sane? : (04 December 2016 - 11:57 AM)

I saw megatron at walmart, and astrotrain as well. Figured they were in the same case assortment. Now I don't know what to think.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (04 December 2016 - 11:25 AM)

Still hoping to find Chromedome, and another shot at Rewind. Not part of the sale, but...

@  LBD "Nyt... : (04 December 2016 - 11:25 AM)

Wow, didn't even know those were out here yet.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 December 2016 - 11:15 AM)

I got me an astrotrain at that sale! Wanted a megatron too, but didn't find one.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (04 December 2016 - 11:14 AM)

Went to TRU to take advantage of a 40% off deal they had on Sentinel Prime and Galvatron (I wanted the latter), but they were out of stock before the sale even began. =P Got a raincheck, at least.

@  BlackMax : (04 December 2016 - 08:33 AM)

Huh. Maybe I can figure a way to headcanon IDW Strafe into being AoE Strafe...

@  zephyrX9 : (04 December 2016 - 03:12 AM)

I'm sure under a different artist, she might look like something!

@  Verity Carlo : (04 December 2016 - 01:50 AM)

She....well, I'm not sure what she turns into, but it involves her face splitting in half.

@  Verity Carlo : (04 December 2016 - 01:49 AM)

There was also Strafe for Female Dinobots.

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 11:57 PM)

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/3/33/Raptoricon_symbol.jpg

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 11:57 PM)

plus the best faction insignia ever

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 11:27 PM)

but yeah we need toys of those Raptoricons yesterday.

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 11:27 PM)

but BW also set the precedent that the gender of the scanned beast mode doesn't need to match the robot mode...so bright colors are fine ;)

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 11:04 PM)

That WOULD be a very good point, except Slash has got ~all the bright colors~, and in the bird world (which as we all know is also the dino world)rampant bright colors are a male thing.

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 10:56 PM)

There was that one Deluxe raptor mould from AoE....GET ON IT FUNPU....oh. Now I'm sad.

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 10:54 PM)

...I did not know bout this. Maybe I should amend my comment to "we need more female Dinotobts ~who have toys~."

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 10:05 PM)

@BlackMax - did you know about the Raptoricons? Currently they've only been in fan club prose but they have pretty badass designs and are all female.

@  Rycochet : (03 December 2016 - 09:21 PM)

More female dinosaur transformers would be nice, but not specifically dinobots. Never been a fan of adding new guys to that specific subgroup, it feels a bit like when ageing rock bands add new members.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 December 2016 - 09:02 PM)

Wait, swoop isn't a woman?

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 07:44 PM)

Can I just take a moment and declare that we need some female Dinobots? Because we really need some female Dinobots.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:41 PM)

It was awesome seeing all those heroes together on screen, though. I hope Superman and Martian Manhunter get to participate in the next crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:36 PM)

The solution was also just a bit too easy... the Dominators are apparently just big sissys, give 'em a poke with a caddle prod and they'll run off

Photo
- - - - -

FoC Combaticons - Individual Toy Repaint Ideas?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

How to train your Parademon

• Banned
  • 13178 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

After all the ideas about whom Bruticus should be repainted into on the other thread (Ruination, Computron, even Turbomaster was mentioned!) I have got to thinking, maybe we need to forget combining and just look at the individual characters.
They could be repainted into quite a few other characters - and sure, they would still combine, meaning interchangeability with Bruticus.

So, here are a few ideas:

-Vortex into Spinister. The toy transforms almost exactly the same way as G1 Spinister, making it easy to maintain the colors on bot and alt. modes. Ditch the swords and add one (or two) of the Prime weapon mini-cons, and add a new head, and he'd be perfect.

-Brawl into Snaptrap. This has been suggested by someone already, just picking it up again. The dual guns work perfectly, and a heavily armored tank is what I imagine Snaptrap's original alt. mode has always been on Cybertron. I doubt a new head would be even needed.

-Brawl into Quake. He was single-barrelled, but otherwise the body would work, with a new head and a targetmaster mini-con.

-Swindle into Ironfist. Add a new head, and a gun that hommages the big ammo disk on his Lightformer cannon, and he'd look fine.

-Onslaught into Kup. Yeah, call me crazy, but if you remove the dual gun, he looks quite like a cybertronian pickup truck - and in robot mode he even has the truck front as the chest and the rear as the legs, like the G1 Kup toy. Just add a new head, and a different weapon.

ViperSig.jpg

#2 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 23768 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

FoC Blast Off is a space shuttle with a nose-as-chest transformation that also becomes someone's right arm. In other words, he's Raker.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#3 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 9438 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Snaptrap was mine, from WFC multiplayer. I also had a Dirt Boss (Cybertron-style) and a Clench from Onslaught's model at various times.

The main thing I learned from WFC was that nearly everyone looks awesome in Seacon colors.

#4 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20494 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

i'd like to see the technobots that someone suggested.

#5 ExVee

ExVee
  • Supporter
  • 8942 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

I support the idea of Clench. Also, let's get Brawl as Archforce

#6 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Feb 8 2012, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After all the ideas about whom Bruticus should be repainted into on the other thread (Ruination, Computron, even Turbomaster was mentioned!) I have got to thinking, maybe we need to forget combining and just look at the individual characters.
They could be repainted into quite a few other characters - and sure, they would still combine, meaning interchangeability with Bruticus.

So, here are a few ideas:

-Vortex into Spinister. The toy transforms almost exactly the same way as G1 Spinister, making it easy to maintain the colors on bot and alt. modes. Ditch the swords and add one (or two) of the Prime weapon mini-cons, and add a new head, and he'd be perfect.

-Brawl into Quake. He was single-barrelled, but otherwise the body would work, with a new head and a targetmaster mini-con.

I'd like those of course, but I'd hope that Hasbro would give them doublr Targetmasters if they did the repaint.

I also wouldn't mind someone repainting them all as Autobot. Maybe even all homage to G1 Micromasters or Pretenders.

#7 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

How to train your Parademon

• Banned
  • 13178 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Or even more obscure guys... yeah, throw rocklords at me, but I'd love a Dualor repaint from Brawl.

And yes, Clench is a good idea. Onslaught is kinda Clench-y.
ViperSig.jpg

#8 Caboo

Caboo

Local Pokemon Trainer

• Supporter
  • 18753 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Feb 8 2012, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or even more obscure guys... yeah, throw rocklords at me, but I'd love a Dualor repaint from Brawl.

I'm okay with this idea. icon-ironhide.gif

#9 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 42819 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

I would want the five Combaticon molds to be repainted for a Botcon box-set one year along with a Voyager from the other faction. I think it would be cool if the five Deluxes in a boxset could actually combine. Something people wanted from the five Animated Stunticons.

I think I'd quite like Battle Gaia the most since the five components don't have characterisation meaning they are blank slates for FP to do with as they wish. They are semi-obscure, but even if you don't feel anything towards the original Battle Gaia (and many people won't), I'm sure the prospect of being able to form a combiner would make him desirable. Plus the Voyager should be someone very well known and desirable too. Doesn't even have to have a Cybertronian mode.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#10 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 9858 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

Vortex as Transquito.

#11 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11293 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

Swindle with a new head = Kup

Brawl = Hmmm. I guess another Guzzle is out of the question? (I really don't like the Commander one much)

Looking For Master Replicas .45 Scale Luke Skywalker ROTJ Lightsabre

#12 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 42819 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE(Cat @ Feb 9 2012, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brawl = Hmmm. I guess another Guzzle is out of the question? (I really don't like the Commander one much)

Why do you say that? Its common for characters to get more than one mold these days. Another Guzzle toy could happen. And I didn't like the Commander mold that much either.

I think whoever the mold will be repainted into will be part of the same team though instead of being seperate unrelated individuals.

Edited by Bass X0, 09 February 2012 - 10:18 AM.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#13 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 37750 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

-Swindle into Ironfist. Add a new head, and a gun that hommages the big ammo disk on his Lightformer cannon, and

I dunno. To me, Brawl's head already looks pretty close to Ironfist's. Especially if you consider it a meshing of its various designs with FoC. And he has the giant cannons on the back of his alt mode.

So I'd like Brawl as Ironfist and Swindle as Trailbreaker. Keeping the current heads.

#14 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Cropped

• Supporter
  • 45927 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

Ruination

#15 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

yea, a Valdigus/BattleGaia/Ruination set seems the best use.

Or, because this is the kind of guy I am, a theme set

Vortex as Coptur (Spinning blades on the arms, we're practically there already)
Swindle as Creeper
Onslaught as Tank(or) (Blue deco can double as a Gobots and a BW homage)
Brawl as Treads
BlastOff as ... I guess Fitor? Pincer? Some renegade jet.

Or heck, let's go for broke:
Vortex - Rotorstorm
Swindle - Ironfist
Onslaught - Pyro
Brawl - Guzzle
BlastOff - ... (Suggestions?)

Individuals
Onslaught to Impactor - Big guns ground vehicle

Edited by Vestras, 09 February 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#16 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11293 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

I doubt this is possible due to lack of head clearance, but I could see Swindle being a decent Trailbreaker, with the appropriate head and projector (which is what I doubt would have clearance)
Looking For Master Replicas .45 Scale Luke Skywalker ROTJ Lightsabre

#17 Walky

Walky

STRONG GRUDGE

• Citizen
  • 35826 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Feb 9 2012, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Swindle into Ironfist. Add a new head, and a gun that hommages the big ammo disk on his Lightformer cannon, and

I dunno. To me, Brawl's head already looks pretty close to Ironfist's. Especially if you consider it a meshing of its various designs with FoC. And he has the giant cannons on the back of his alt mode.

Plus Swindle's already tan. Doing that toy in peach or whatever isn't really much of a redeco.

#18 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

With new heads, I could see them repaint Onslaught, Swindle and Vortex into Hot Spot, First Aid and Blades, then just make 2 new molds for Groove and Streetwise.

Blast Off could be recolored into one of the Aerialbots like Air Raid.

#19 (Deactivated) Skullgrin2014

(Deactivated) Skullgrin2014
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Swindle would look good as Tracks. If you deny the combined mode.

I like the Brawl as Snaptrap idea.

Althought I wouldn't mind Desert camo repaints as both versions of Armorhide both the brown and blue camo.

Too bad Vortex is basically Rotor with tan instead of blue. That would have been a nice recolor.

Edited by MonsterFromMars, 11 February 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#20 (Deactivated) MagmatronPrime

(Deactivated) MagmatronPrime
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Impactor/Whirl/Roadbuster/Guzzle/Ruin?