Bot Shots failure rate?

21 replies to this topic

#1 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10466 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

So I was at TRU earlier this week and the Prime toys on hand so far were Bot Shots and Cyberverse Legion. The wife vetoed Legions for me (something about just spending $100 dollars on FP Runamuck and Runabout... Sheesh icon-arcee.gif ) but I grabbed two of the Bot Shots (Baricade and Sentinel) for my nephew who turned 9 today. They were pretty neat little gadgets, and though he seemed slightly unsure what they were at first I think he liked them once I explained the game and we tried smashing them together a few times.

However, neatness aside the actual autotransform gimick was a little iffy. Baricade was hair trigger and took several tries each time to get him to stay in vehicle form and even then was likely to pop open by himself as easily as by smacking into an enemy. Sentinel Prime on the other hand stays together decently and his arms And head work fine but the legs don't want to autotransfom at all. The arms and back still work right so my Nephew didn't seem to mind, but the legs you had to do yourself.

So I was just wondering how they've been working out for anyone else whose grabbed some? Are all the spring gimicks this iffy or do they mostly work fine?

-ZacWilliam, even with the twitchy gimick I kinda like the little guys. Fighting the urge to get into buying them. They're so small and collectible they make my Pavlov-sense tingle. So many TFs to collect already. Well, maybe just Jet/Skyfire when and if he comes out...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 07 February 2012 - 07:42 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4692 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

They're kind of like Bakugan mixed with Transformers right? I kind of want to check them out but $5 seems a little excessive for such a small thing (granted I know that's the Bakugan price).
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#3 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 4652 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

On mine, Prime and Starscream are on hair triggers, while Bumblebee and Barricade require a pretty strong impact to transform. I suppose it's a good strategy to know about when you play, since you automatically lose if your 'bot doesn't transform.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

LEGO Clone Wars: The Animated Comics

#4 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 47800 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:03 AM

Yeah getting them to transform sometimes can be iffy, other times you look slightly in their direction and they go off.

Randy

#5 tec

tec

AKB0048's Super Cutie

• Citizen
  • 14930 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

My Prime and BB are perfect

But Starscream feet dont wanna go back to jet mode sometimes but works well when TFing to robot mode

#6 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 12468 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

My Sentinel just doesn't want to pop at all. His feet just don't work worth a damn. Pity, he's such a cute little bugger.
"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#7 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Retired Staff
  • 19613 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

My Barricade locks together perfectly, but requires a good hit to open. Optimus, OTOH doesn't want to stay a truck, as his bumper is on a hair trigger.

Man, these guys are tiny crack. I just bought two last night, but want more. Too cute!

#8 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41472 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

Too bad about the high failure rate.

I'm passing on these.

#9 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Are all these figures out in other states or something? I've never even seen one.

#10 mattski

mattski

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Citizen
  • 2180 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(D Buster Prime @ Feb 9 2012, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Barricade locks together perfectly, but requires a good hit to open. Optimus, OTOH doesn't want to stay a truck, as his bumper is on a hair trigger.

Man, these guys are tiny crack. I just bought two last night, but want more. Too cute!

i have the opposite problem. Barricade works great, and only requires the slightest graze on the bumper to pop open. Optimus, though, requires good force to pop open, and when he does, he never stands up correctly - he always falls backwards.

even still, these are too cute and are a lot of fun to have on your desk. tiny crack, indeed!

#11 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10466 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(mignash @ Feb 12 2012, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are all these figures out in other states or something? I've never even seen one.

They're only at TRU yet here in Ct. Though I've seen reports of folks finding them at Target.

-ZacWilliam, basically like all of Prime they've just begun to release and probably won't hit saturation for a month or two.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#12 Edwin

Edwin

It absolutely will not stop! Ever! Until it has TOYS!

• Supporter
  • 1043 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(tec @ Feb 8 2012, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Prime and BB are perfect

But Starscream feet dont wanna go back to jet mode sometimes but works well when TFing to robot mode

The exact same goes for my OP and Starscream. It sometimes takes a bit of doing to lock the feet in for mine. I don't own a Bot Shots BB yet, but something tells me I will soon. These guys are cute. Hoping for a Thundercracker eventually.

Mike "E"

#13 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 33757 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

The only one I've had experience with was a Barricade. And I had zero problems with transformation. Either way.

#14 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 3957 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

I just bought a Sentinel and, once I learned to not touch the bumper trigger, he works fine.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#15 M Sipher

M Sipher

Tinja Nurtles.

• Citizen
  • 10445 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

The only issue I've had with any of them is Prime tends to like to fall on his back after popping into robot mode.

M "I Am Amused At How Downplayed The Faction Symbols Are" Sipher
The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#16 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4692 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

I picked up two over the weekend (Sentinel and Barricade). Haven't really checked them out yet, but I noticed that Barricade's packaging bubble was coming right off the card - even though I got it straight from the case (they weren't on the pegs yet, a Target employee helped me). This reminds me of (I think it was) RotF Scouts.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#17 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10171 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hmm, so they kinda are defective? And my Runamuck and Runabout works fine every time even after 26 years... [Insert Beavis and Butt-Head joke about imitations being lame here]

I might consider picking up some just to kitbash - but knowing they'll cost about 15$ in stores in Europe, I will probably grab them from the flea market rather.

#18 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4692 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

I have to say I've encountered far more malfunctioning Battlechargers than I have ones that work perfectly.
QUOTE(kyde)

#19 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 9197 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Feb 7 2012, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However, neatness aside the actual autotransform gimick was a little iffy. Baricade was hair trigger and took several tries each time to get him to stay in vehicle form and even then was likely to pop open by himself as easily as by smacking into an enemy. Sentinel Prime on the other hand stays together decently and his arms And head work fine but the legs don't want to autotransfom at all. The arms and back still work right so my Nephew didn't seem to mind, but the legs you had to do yourself.

I have Optimus Prime and Sentinel Prime. My experience with Sentinel Prime is more or less the same as yours. Generally, I just need to not be shy about ramming the toys into each other, has been my feeling about it. A partial or soft hit tends to yield an incomplete transformation.

I also find the "hair trigger" thing to be true, but it really doesn't bother me much.

That said, I find these things incredibly addictive. I enjoy ramming the Primes into each other and watching them transform over and over again. I hope that these do well for Hasbro.

(Unrelated note: If you click on the link for Optimus above, you'll note that I think they got their "this beats that" scenario exactly reversed. Anyone else have this impression?)

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 27 February 2012 - 11:24 AM.

TransformingSeminarian.2.gif
Curator of The Unofficial Convention and Club Exclusive data pages (now with a new URL thanks to Captured Prey).

#20 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4729 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

The effectiveness of the trigger can be adjusted with the screws on the robot's chest. Loosen them for a touchier trigger, tighten for a harder trigger. I've got my prime and starscream working like champs now.
On them twitters

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users