#22 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 20102 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(Octavius Prime @ Feb 7 2012, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing I don't like about this guy is his name. Yeah, it makes sense regarding his role in the ride, but Evac already exists as a movieverse character and looks nothing like this. And yes, I'm aware that a 2-time repaint character that didn't appear in the films themselves is of secondary concern to coming up with a character that's the audience's link to the interactive movie ride, but still, some continuity would be appreciated. Like, he could have been "Getaway"/Breakaway.

So, instead of being a movie dude who has the same name as another movie dude... he should be a movie dude who has the same name as another movie dude?

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#23 Naas

Naas
  • Citizen
  • 5642 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Feb 10 2012, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, instead of being a movie dude who has the same name as another movie dude... he should be a movie dude who has the same name as another movie dude?

.... who has the same name as... yet another movie dude?

ohhhh
so stupid nonsense chuuni swords

BUGS BUGS BUGS

#24 Cloudimus Prime

Cloudimus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Sorry for digging up an old thread, just wanted to share a clip of Evac transforming icon-hotrod.gif

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

創造神 Primus, the Exigeezer?

#25 Lazy Garou

Lazy Garou

Raider of fridges, eater of food.

• Citizen
  • 3314 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(Item42 @ Feb 10 2012, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Feb 10 2012, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

.... who has the same name as... yet another movie dude?

one is evac Stevens, the other is Evac Bronsky and the last one is Evac Rodr?guez.
A persistent predator is always alert!awake! focused! and Zzzz.....

#26 Hardbot

Hardbot

Hush, now! Listen to your master.

• Citizen
  • 871 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

So, for clarification, there's a Deluxe Class Evac and a Legion Class Evac coming soon? Are they both going to be sold everywhere, or only at the Universal Studios Store?

#27 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48971 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

The Legion Class figure is going to be every where (and Universal too I believe) but the Deluxe will be Universal only (at this point). Asia is getting a mass release of the Deluxe class figure as well as an exclusive Universal only version. At NYCC Hasbro said that the Deluxe class was going to be mass released in the US too, I don't know if that still holds true now that the Movie Trilogy line isn't coming to the US except for the Optimus truck set.

Randy

#28 Hardbot

Hardbot

Hush, now! Listen to your master.

• Citizen
  • 871 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

It's Memorial Day Weekend and the opening of TF: The Ride - 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood... any news on the Evac toy or it's availability / exclusivity?

#29 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 9410 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(hardbot @ May 26 2012, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's Memorial Day Weekend and the opening of TF: The Ride - 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood... any news on the Evac toy or it's availability / exclusivity?

A Twitter friend was at Universal Studios Hollywood recently. She asked about it, and was given a rough (no guarantee) estimate of June 10th.

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 27 May 2012 - 03:02 PM.

TransformingSeminarian.2.gif
Curator of The Unofficial Convention and Club Exclusive data pages (now with a new URL thanks to Captured Prey).

#30 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6818 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Wow, I would think with all the buzz of the opening you might want to have your product ready to sell.
What is singature?

#31 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 3031 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

I'm pretty sure they're okay with just selling $90 tickets to the park for a week.

#32 BlackMax

BlackMax

Certified Killjoy

• Citizen
  • 1251 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Actually I'm looking forward to this, because it's basically a bigger version of HtfD Scout-class Breacher, and that's a toy I rather liked.
Sky-Byte is my spirit animal.

#33 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6818 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(LV! @ May 28 2012, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure they're okay with just selling $90 tickets to the park for a week.

True, why sell two things when you can just sell one...the cornerstone of good business theory.
What is singature?

#34 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4966 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

They probably want the ride to stand on its own, as a ride, before they have to worry about supporting a toy line.

QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#35 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 3031 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

No, he's right. They're probably just incompetent at making money, and that's why they have a theme park ride based on their transforming car toys.

#36 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

• Supporter
  • 20102 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

It's almost as if Universal didn't want to call off their big opening for the hoped-to-be-hot new ride just because one piece of merchandise wasn't ready in the gift shop yet.

Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.

#37 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6818 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(gargunkle @ May 28 2012, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They probably want the ride to stand on its own, as a ride, before they have to worry about supporting a toy line.

And the benefit of not selling the toys is? Have you ever been on a ride at a park? When you exit, it is all one big sell. That is a big part of the point of the "experience." Sell pictures and merchandise.

To develop a toy specifically for this experience and not have it ready during what may be the busiest time for the ride is an opportunity missed.

QUOTE(LV! @ May 28 2012, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, he's right. They're probably just incompetent at making money, and that's why they have a theme park ride based on their transforming car toys.

Apparently doesn't take much reality to upset some people. Of course, your nonsense is not in any way a rebuttal to my point that not having the toy ready loses dollars. If you can't ever admit fault you can't expect to be taken as a rational adult.

QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ May 29 2012, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's almost as if Universal didn't want to call off their big opening for the hoped-to-be-hot new ride just because one piece of merchandise wasn't ready in the gift shop yet.

Oh can you imagine? Of course, like the poster above, you're more concerned with simply typing a response to me than having any tertiary argument to mine.

Obviously it makes more business sense to open even if the toy isn't ready, but it doesn't excuse the fact it should be ready if you're number one goal is making the most money ever minute of every day, which it always is.
What is singature?

#38 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

• Supporter
  • 20102 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

See, I was kind of hoping that you were smart enough to realize that sometimes things just plain don't work out as intended, and that you were therefore criticizing Universal for opening on time anyway. But alas, you've disappointed me once again.

You've also disappointed me by using "you're" as a possessive.

But what disappoints me most of all is your attempt to argue with gargunkle's joke. That's just sad, dude.

#39 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 3031 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

It's adorable how you discovered I was really upset.

It's confusing what you're using "tertiary" to mean.

#40 Bleargh001

Bleargh001
  • Supporter
  • 2118 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

I have been told by multiple store employees on different days that June 10th is indeed the new date for release. So we shall see. Gonna have to make a special trip, seeing as how that's a Sunday.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users