Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Who should be the SECOND Fall of Cybertron combiner toy?

74 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should be the SECOND Fall of Cybertron combiner toy?

Who should be the SECOND Fall of Cybertron combiner toy?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

Okay, being the type that jumps the gun, I figured I'd ask. We are getting an awesome looing FoC Bruticus, if Hasbro makes a SECOND combiner in this style (all Deluxes), what should the next one be?

I'm limiting the responses to G1 US released combiners, since that seems to be what WFC/FoC seems to be based on (not likely they will make Landcross or Rail Racer or whatever).

Edited by mignash, 03 February 2012 - 09:11 PM.

#2 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Shipping Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8660 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Movie Devastator.

But since he's not an option, Abominus. I love me some robomonsters.

Edited by Cabooceratops, 03 February 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#3 giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron

Decepticon S.T.A.G. Leader

• Citizen
  • 1419 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Im guessing since we already seen Silverbolt and Air Raid in the first game, Im leaning towards Superion if Bruticus sells well. Even out the odds for more Autobot combiners.

#4 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41572 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Uniform color schemes and all being the same theme of vehicle (especially both together) probably wouldn't happen. Which would cross several well known and popular teams off the list.

Edited by Bass X0, 03 February 2012 - 09:22 PM.

It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#5 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32088 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

Tripredacus

#6 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Is Defensor vs Bruticus the classic rivalry? I think it is along with Menasor VS Superion and Omega vs Devastoator.

#7 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

True Blue Heroes

• Citizen
  • 28306 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

This seems a bit premature.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#8 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 32229 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Defensor. I have a nice classics Bruticus and this one might make the second. I have a fairly nice classics Superion and a very nice classics Devastator (and I'll probably get another of those). It is definitely Defensor's turn.

#9 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10837 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

I doubt there will be one.

That said I'd love it if there were. My order goes:

1) Aerialbots - Always my favorite as a kid from the first appearence in the toon and the first time I saw the toys. I love little jet toys that you can take with you and fly everywhere. Sky Dive is one of my favorite characters and designs. Silverbolt and Slingshot are memorable and important G1 characters. This would be my dream so it's what I voted. Problem is I'd REALLY prefer them in their Earth forms. The G1 Aerialbot robot design is just a classic to me in the same way the Seeker or Prowl body is. I want it as spot on to the old model sheets as possible. So yeah, maybe in a future sequel set on Earth?

2) Terrorcons - These little Monsters just have some great, quirky, anime looking designs and colors. Abominous too. They really appeal to my sense of aesthetics.

3) Technobots - My second favorite team behind the Aerialbots all together. Just really liked them as a kid. And anything that gets me a new Lightspeed (I like him, sue me) is awesome.

4) Predacons - For Predaking, Divebomb, and Razorclaw. All awesome.

5) Protectobots - This is mostly for First Aid, who was the stand out on this team for me. Though I do like Defensor.

I'll be honest the Stunticons and Constructicons are a bit boring to me. Don't know why, I don't hate them but neather team has the nostalgic love in my heart that the above do. Constructicons just feel over done to me. Combaticons do a bit too, but if they're what we're getting it's fine with me just because it's getting someone.

-ZacWilliam, forgot the Seacons. Make them #6. I like Seawing. icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 03 February 2012 - 09:36 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#10 Mecheon

Mecheon

Feeds on delicious rage

• Citizen
  • 1681 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Feb 4 2012, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tripredacus

With a redeco as Violen Jiger!

I know any future FoC combiner is going to be Superion. I don't even need to pretend its not going to be the case

But damn if I wouldn't like a new updated Abominus instead

#11 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 23066 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Feb 3 2012, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is Defensor vs Bruticus the classic rivalry? I think it is along with Menasor VS Superion and Omega vs Devastoator.

And Computron vs Abominous and possibly Predacons vs Sky Lynx
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#12 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

You could get away with 3 molds for Superion with the armbots just having different heads and colors, same with the legs. Problem is releasing 5 jets at once.

Could Aerialbots share designs with Seekers?

Edited by mignash, 03 February 2012 - 09:57 PM.

#13 Triblurr

Triblurr

Mayhem! Its in you to give!

• Citizen
  • 5479 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Defensor makes the most sense. Like Bruticus, his individual bots all have much more varied Alt modes. So it would be easier to justify having all five of them in the deluxe price-point.

I'd personally WANT Menasor. But, since he's mostly cars, I doubt it. Unless of course, he's in the third game. lol

Edited by TriBlurr, 03 February 2012 - 09:55 PM.

Visit me on my Webpage!

#14 Badgertron

Badgertron

Can you dig it?

• Citizen
  • 587 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

I voted Defensor, as he really needs some combiner love. It wouldn't happen though, because they only ever make Devastator, Superion & Bruticus, out of the G1 guys.

#15 ExVee

ExVee

Unmentionable

• Supporter
  • 8000 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Where is the option for "Recolor of Bruticus"?

@exveebrawn | @FigureReviewers

Sentai and Tokusatsu podcast!
Superhero Time - Here We Go!
@Superhero_Time

The Original Transformers Internet Radio Show
Radio Free Cybertron

#16 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10837 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE(mignash @ Feb 3 2012, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could get away with 3 molds for Superion with the armbots just having different heads and colors, same with the legs. Problem is releasing 5 jets at once.

Could Aerialbots scare designs with Seekers?

Share with the Seekers?

Not if I have anything to say about it. I want Aerialbots with the classic Nosecone-Tail backpacks and wings on their feet. I know I'm being G1erish about this but I just love that Classic design and want to see it in a new toy form so much.

I will say though, that while I'd love to see them done as Combiners again, Superion is actually the least part of my desire for them. The original was a bit of a gangly, flimsy mess. I would be just as happy with a non-combing Deluxe mold based on the Scramble City design that could get new Heads, Wings and Tails and be released in a number of seperate waves as Air Raid, Sky Dive and Fireflight. Then another mold for the more different Slingshot (or Airrazor or whatever they have to call him).

-ZacWilliam, They are fairly different jets really. When you get down to it.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#17 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32088 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

Man, Mignash, what's with the G1 Supremacy? Why can't they homage a combiner from a different line?

#18 Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk

Fight the Future

• Retired Staff
  • 18259 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film.

#19 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 6933 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Since FoC is 8 figures and Jazz, Shockwave, and Prime are covered, the combaticons would eat up the other 5 spots if they were counted.

As others have said, with the focus on Grimlock and previous mentions of a figure coming, the combaticons have to count separately. Because of this, they are likely to be released in some kind of multipack.

With 5 spots to go and a box set category that doesn't count - I could imagine another box set or a individual figures covering 5 deluxe Dinobots.

I'm guessing the dinobots wouldn't combine though.

------------

If we're talking in general - I REALLY want Piranacon. I love sea creature transformers for some odd reason. I have a shelf of just sea creatures.

Edited by Solarstorm, 03 February 2012 - 10:11 PM.

"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#20 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Feb 3 2012, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, Mignash, what's with the G1 Supremacy? Why can't they homage a combiner from a different line?

Because every not-G1 Combiner was done in G1 and brings along with it that OMG G1 update factor. Seriously. Build King = Devastator, Rail Racer = Raiden (OH YES PLEASE), Magnaboss/Tripredacus = Predaking/Dinoking, Baldigus = umm, yeah. Which would you rather have an update of?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users