Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 1 2012, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ Feb 1 2012, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rumors outta Japan:

The price cut is because:
a) The toys will now be coming in much simpler packaging
b) The Mini-Con pack-ins will be in snap-kit form
c) Many paint operations have been replaced by user-applied stickers

The sticker thing would be strange and bad. Unless it gives them more detail than the Hasbro ones have not comparable details or less details.

Randy

I believe the sticker rumor would go with the snap-kit rumor. Since kits aren't usually painted.

I could live with unpainted/stickered Mini-Cons as long as they're as cool as these ones.

Edited by NightViper, 01 February 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#102 radicaldeth

radicaldeth
  • Citizen
  • 299 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

What if the paint apps are the same as the US versions instead like previous Takara releases? Maybe that's what they mean.

Less packaging, yes I could see that. These guys are small in alt mode, Soundwave is a wee thing as a jet. The card backing is getting to superfluous, the plastic surrounding them is fairly sturdy.

Urgh, I have so many of card backings already since I don't like throwing away the stats.

#103 Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000

Extinctpundit

• Citizen
  • 13082 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

I'd have very low hopes for the successful application and retention of stickers onto Prime toys, unless we're talking strictly about deco on the flattest panel parts of the vehicle modes. Anything having to stretch over those contoured limbs and chests, though.... gah.
The TFWiki: when just five Infernos aren't enough. http://www.tfwiki.net

#104 Hydra

Hydra

I'm in your Burger Bot eating burgers with your Isenburg!

• Citizen
  • 2198 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(M Sipher @ Feb 2 2012, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 1 2012, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand Minicons would have likely been too expensive at the price point for Hasbro, but Takara's Prime RID Deluxes are only 2,000 Yen, which is 940 Yen cheaper than the United figures that TT just came out with.

And that makes me suspicious. Something almost HAS to be sacrificed here to pull that off... and the only thing there can be at the deluxe scale is paint.

M "So... Yeah" Sipher

Hmm...
SELL ME THESE ITEMS!
Botcon 1997 Dinner Decoys: $300 ea.
Unreleased Ultra Magnus Street Speed Team: $1000
Lucky Draw Orange Hazard Team: $500/member
Bagged BotCon 2006 Box Set figures

#105 radicaldeth

radicaldeth
  • Citizen
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

Now I have visions of the Kre-O stickers that wouldn't stick even on a flat surface.

And Purple Monkey Dishwasher time!

Rumor from a rumor on TFW that the Takara figs will have their weapons replaced with the Microns instead. The pics don't show their normal weapons now that I look at them again. Not worried about Skywarp, but Megatron is nekkid without his normal cannon.

http://www.fullmetal...rs-return-2787/

And Megatron is the main frakin' reason I made this order in the first place. icon-wildride.gif

#106 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• News Manager
  • 32817 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(radicaldeth @ Feb 2 2012, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now I have visions of the Kre-O stickers that wouldn't stick even on a flat surface.

And Purple Monkey Dishwasher time!

Rumor from a rumor on TFW that the Takara figs will have their weapons replaced with the Microns instead. The pics don't show their normal weapons now that I look at them again. Not worried about Skywarp, but Megatron is nekkid without his normal cannon.

http://www.fullmetal...rs-return-2787/

And Megatron is the main frakin' reason I made this order in the first place. icon-wildride.gif

Well, the Minicon's alt mode IS his cannon. Only this time with his sword. And the whole thing turns into a monkey.

#107 radicaldeth

radicaldeth
  • Citizen
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE( @ Feb 1 2012, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the Minicon's alt mode IS his cannon. Only this time with his sword. And the whole thing turns into a monkey.

So in ship mode he'll have a monkey on his back. I hope it's purple. icon-fire.gif

#108 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 7575 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE(Darkstream @ Feb 1 2012, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Feb 1 2012, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, March release for the first figures? I can have money for that by then, I think.

It'll be mighty expensive, though, damn!

(Really do need to get that second job...)

6 5 deluxes, 1 voyager

It's going to be well over a hundred dollars, which is expensive for me.

But I might end up skipping a few(Or more.) things now that I'm taking a closer look at the toys. We'll see.

#109 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14171 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ Feb 2 2012, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rumors outta Japan:

If that's the case than I'll be canceling my preorder.

*waits for more information*

#110 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

True Blue Heroes

• Citizen
  • 26905 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

There's a screw on Starscream's minicon's wing.

I don't buy it.

#111 Naas

Naas

Whatever

• Citizen
  • 3752 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

Optimus' weapon will most likely actually be able to stay in weapon mode. Which is good reason to get this over Hasbro's release.

#112 M Sipher

M Sipher

Tinja Nurtles.

• Citizen
  • 10328 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE(Razorsaw @ Feb 2 2012, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a screw on Starscream's minicon's wing.

You mean on the obviously non-final gray test-shot?

The sticker thing would be strange and bad. Unless it gives them more detail than the Hasbro ones have not comparable details or less details.

I'm really not sure what "more detail" they could give. We're kind of beyond the days of G1's weirdass random technicolor greeblie stickers.

QUOTE(Megatoron @ Feb 1 2012, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a) How much simpler? Bagged? They've already downgraded all deluxe toys packaging from boxed in the BW/AEC era to carded in recent lines, with character card becoming a lost art. I can't imagine how much more simpler they can get.

Actually, as I understand it, boxes are less expensive than heat-sealed bubbles (and probably more eco-friendly to boot). I can easily see the box proper becoming generic with windows and stickers showing/naming the product.

M "Frankly, I'm All For Simpler Packaging" Sipher
The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#113 C16

C16

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Citizen
  • 6609 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

The only thing I could want from the entire Prime line from now to forever would be Soundwave's Minicons since the spear mode looks like one of those torture devices Stalker used in Last Stand of the Wreckers.

#114 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 46233 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Feb 1 2012, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rumors outta Japan:

Randy

I believe the sticker rumor would go with the snap-kit rumor. Since kits aren't usually painted.

I could live with unpainted/stickered Mini-Cons as long as they're as cool as these ones.

Could be like the stripes and Autobot symbol on the FE Optimus they showed with all the Minicons attached.

QUOTE(Hydra @ Feb 1 2012, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(M Sipher @ Feb 2 2012, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 1 2012, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand Minicons would have likely been too expensive at the price point for Hasbro, but Takara's Prime RID Deluxes are only 2,000 Yen, which is 940 Yen cheaper than the United figures that TT just came out with.

And that makes me suspicious. Something almost HAS to be sacrificed here to pull that off... and the only thing there can be at the deluxe scale is paint.

M "So... Yeah" Sipher

Hmm...

Stop being cryptic!! icon-fire.gif

Randy

#115 Shattered

Shattered

It's time

• Citizen
  • 3980 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

Wow, you guys put way more stock in rumors than I do.
Posted Image

#116 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 11357 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

GaoKaiser on TFW2005 has posted a copy of the actual text of these rumours, which suggest the paint apps will be identical to the US versions with additional stickers instead of extra Takara paint apps, rather than stickers in lieu of existing paint. That's probably still a bit of a shame if anyone was hoping for a silver Voyager Megatron though.

I suspect the minicons will all end up in the capsule toy line. Which is good. Though I wonder if any versions of them will actually get the nice shiny paint that the original toy show reveal versions had. Seems unlikely :-(

Phazer

#117 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• News Manager
  • 32817 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 2 2012, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(NightViper @ Feb 1 2012, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rumors outta Japan:

Randy

Could be like the stripes and Autobot symbol on the FE Optimus they showed with all the Minicons attached.

QUOTE(The Phazer @ Feb 2 2012, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GaoKaiser on TFW2005 has posted a copy of the actual text of these rumours, which suggest the paint apps will be identical to the US versions with additional stickers instead of extra Takara paint apps, rather than stickers in lieu of existing paint. That's probably still a bit of a shame if anyone was hoping for a silver Voyager Megatron though.

I suspect the minicons will all end up in the capsule toy line. Which is good. Though I wonder if any versions of them will actually get the nice shiny paint that the original toy show reveal versions had. Seems unlikely :-(

Phazer

So it would seem Randy is correct, if the rumors are true.

US paint ops with additional stickers? That's something I can live with as well.

#118 FFN

FFN
  • Citizen
  • 2419 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE(Treadshot 2.0 @ Feb 2 2012, 04:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
!!! holy jive. How the hell am I gonna be able to afford importing these? If they all come with Targetmaster versions of their ACTUAL WEAPONS there is no WAY I'm going to pass, especially after the way Hasbro's been handling their distribution lately (even if they do make these available domestically, what are the odds I'd actually be able to BUY them?).
I thought it had been established and was known for years that Hasbro doesn't actually handle distribution to individual retail outlets? And in any case it's up to the retailer to get order them in.

#119 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(The Phazer @ Feb 2 2012, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Phazer

Which is why I want to wait before I order them. I would like to see exactly what I'm buying. I do wany these, and I've put in a pre-order, but I'm not going to buy these or any RiD toys(except wheeljack, as he's not being released?). I want to see some final shots first.

#120 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 11357 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

New image.

The weapon modes combine together.

I really, really hope they're released in the capsules now.

Phazer

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users