136 replies to this topic

#41 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48515 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Like mx-01 archon said they don't charge until your item ship (and even then the charge amount may take a few days to weeks to show up on your card because they're in Japan and it depends on how your card holder handles those kinds of charges).

I don't know if that's the case on their Paypal service though (I haven't used it since they changed it around a year or two ago). Before it was at the time of shipping too, but that could cause problems if they sell out while waiting for you to pay (when using their old Paypal method). With the new method I think it deducts automatically similar to a credit card.

Randy

#42 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14434 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

Here's hoping TakTom makes Skyquake with a chaingun Micron.

Edited by Robogeek1973, 01 February 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#43 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(Robogeek1973 @ Feb 1 2012, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm actually fine with the U.S Wheeljack, he has two swords so I'm all set.

But...But what if TT comes out with a Micron that splits into TWO swords? OR TWO MINICONS? WHAT THEN?

No really, I just want to see better picks, and budget out some money for these.

#44 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14434 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Feb 1 2012, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Robogeek1973 @ Feb 1 2012, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm actually fine with the U.S Wheeljack, he has two swords so I'm all set.

But...But what if TT comes out with a Micron that splits into TWO swords? OR TWO MINICONS? WHAT THEN?

Don't curse me. icon-fire.gif

#45 General Tekno

General Tekno

Nova Mew

• Citizen
  • 1711 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

So is anyone here expecting better paint apps on the Prime toys as well? Or do you think the budget went into minicons instead?
BT Toons - updates Tuesdays and Fridays.
Tekno Reviews: Watch Tekno and the Lugnut-tans review and rate toys!

#46 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48515 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(Robogeek1973 @ Feb 1 2012, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's hoping TakTom makes Skyquake with a chaingun Micron.

Now That would be Awesome!

Randy

#47 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14434 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

Wow, I just calculated the price difference of what I bought at HLJ as opposed to BBTS and not counting shipping cost I saved $190 on these guys. icon-bee.gif

We'll see what shipping works out to be but I highly doubt it'll be over $190. icon-fire.gif

#48 General Tekno

General Tekno

Nova Mew

• Citizen
  • 1711 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(Robogeek1973 @ Feb 1 2012, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, I just calculated the price difference of what I bought at HLJ as opposed to BBTS and not counting shipping cost I saved $190 on these guys. icon-bee.gif

We'll see what shipping works out to be but I highly doubt it'll be over $190. icon-fire.gif

AmiAmi's even cheaper than HLJ; main difference though is the inability to cancel preorders.

However, AmiAmi has a better shipping policy in that they'll hold all your orders for the month before shipping them out if you want.

Edited by General Tekno, 01 February 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#49 Moroboshi

Moroboshi

Longtime member, sometimes lurker

• Citizen
  • 883 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

Hrrrm, this sweets the deal for going Takara.

I'd have to see them first to make sure nobody had a head-to-toe metallic paint job like the First Edition Bulkhead, though; I don't like how paint job came out. Metallic paint being used for detailing, I like, but not the whole figure (unless it's United Tracks icon-fire.gif).

Edited by Moroboshi, 01 February 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#50 Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0

...or should I?

• Citizen
  • 7772 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

!!! holy jive. How the hell am I gonna be able to afford importing these? If they all come with Targetmaster versions of their ACTUAL WEAPONS there is no WAY I'm going to pass, especially after the way Hasbro's been handling their distribution lately (even if they do make these available domestically, what are the odds I'd actually be able to BUY them?).

#51 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48515 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(Robogeek1973 @ Feb 1 2012, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I won't be any where near that. Depends on how much you ordered, but I preordered the entire RID lineup and I'm thinking shipping will be $30 to $60 for the first set, and probably a bit less for the second.

Remember these guys come out in two different months and will ship separately. They won't ship together (one shipment for May releases the other for June).

QUOTE(Moroboshi @ Feb 1 2012, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hrrrm, this sweets the deal for going Takara.

I'd have to see them first to make sure nobody had a head-to-toe metallic paint job like the First Edition Bulkhead, though; I don't like how paint job came out. Metallic paint being used for detailing, I like, but not the whole figure (unless it's United Tracks icon-fire.gif).

Bulkhead wasn't painted metallic, he was cast in metallic plastic. It's very nice and really show accurate.

Randy

#52 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22850 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

Damn I want these, but I don't think I can afford them...
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#53 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14434 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(General Tekno @ Feb 1 2012, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AmiAmi's even cheaper than HLJ; main difference though is the inability to cancel preorders.

However, AmiAmi has a better shipping policy in that they'll hold all your orders for the month before shipping them out if you want.

Their prices are better even WITH the deal HLJ has going on right now?

If so, shame on you for telling me AFTER I've placed my order. icon-arcee.gif

#54 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4497 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

I just want the microns at this point.
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#55 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Dude... Japan, NOT COOL! You're making Hasbro look ever worse! Hasbro, PLEASE get these molds on our shelves!

Standard internet whining aside, these do look awesome. I am both comforted that we are getting the seeker trio, and yet disappointed since somehow I thought they might break that cycle at last (as with Bee and CJ)
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#56 General Tekno

General Tekno

Nova Mew

• Citizen
  • 1711 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(Robogeek1973 @ Feb 1 2012, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can cancel an HLJ order.

You can't cancel AmiAmi orders.

But yeah; when I looked this morning AmiAmi seemed to have better prices, all the same. Though HLJs are still good enough for me to tentatively preorder the line with them.

#57 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14434 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(General Tekno @ Feb 1 2012, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that's why I'm keeping it regardless. you never know what can happen between now and then and the ability to cancel something if needed is a big help sometimes.

#58 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(General Tekno @ Feb 1 2012, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But yeah; when I looked this morning AmiAmi seemed to have better prices, all the same. Though HLJs are still good enough for me to tentatively preorder the line with them.

HLJ is offering 20% off the list price, AmiAmi is offering 26-27% off, 1460 vs 1600 for deluxes. However AmiAmi is sold out of Ratchets for some reason?

#59 General Tekno

General Tekno

Nova Mew

• Citizen
  • 1711 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Feb 1 2012, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(General Tekno @ Feb 1 2012, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HLJ is offering 20% off the list price, AmiAmi is offering 26-27% off, 1460 vs 1600 for deluxes. However AmiAmi is sold out of Ratchets for some reason?

Oh? Huh - must be a lot of Ratchet fans hoping he gets a better deco on the Takara toy.

Me, I preordered Terrorcon Cliff and Soundwave there - I want Scorpulator and Ravage pretty badly. Heck - since Cliff would be going with my First Edition Prime toys, Ravage is free to stand alone on the Prime shelf, too!

#60 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14434 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(General Tekno @ Feb 1 2012, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh? Huh - must be a lot of Ratchet fans hoping he gets a better deco on the Takara toy.

I know a lot of folks over at TFW are hating the U.S version's paint (or lack of) scheme and are hoping the Takara version is better.

I'm getting him for the Micron personally.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users