7 replies to this topic

#1 Cat

Cat

Knows No Title

• News and Content
  • 7973 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

The Dutch Supreme Court has ruled that forcing a 13-year-old boy to relinquish a virtual mask and amulet in an online game amounted to real-world theft.

The Netherlands' highest court confirmed Tuesday that a boy who threatened the 13-year-old with a knife to make him drop the objects in the online fantasy game RuneScape was guilty of theft and ordered him to perform 144 hours of community service.

The court did not release the suspect's name, only his year of birth _ 1992. It said he and another youth beat and kicked the boy and threatened him with a knife until he logged into RuneScape and dropped the objects in 2007.

The court ruled the 13-year-old owned the virtual objects because of the time and energy he invested in winning them.

http://news.smh.com....0201-1qrs8.html

#2 Caldwin

Caldwin

Outta my way!!!!

• Citizen
  • 7245 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

Well, honestly, I think theft should be the least of it. Battery? Assault with a deadly weapon? Kid was lucky he only got community service.

I'm actually a Transformers fan. That's how I joined the Allspark years ago. I just watched the first two episodes on Netflix today. But let me make one thing perfectly clear. I am not, nor will I EVER be...a brony. It's just not who I am. It just is not going to happen.

#3 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 54361 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

So this might actually be a legit example of "violence due to video games" eh?

Order your Guardians of the Galaxy tickets from now until August 4th from Fandango and you not only help The Allspark, but you also get entered in a chance to win original movie props from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers movies.

#4 Noprobsrobs

Noprobsrobs

STILL THE BEST 1973

• Citizen
  • 2733 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Jan 31 2012, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this might actually be a legit example of "violence due to video games" eh?

I'd say it's the same reason someone kills someone over road rage. If he threatened him with a knife over a game, he was probably already screwed up in the first place.

He should have to serve time just for even playing Runescape. Amarite'?

Edited by Gunrage, 31 January 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#5 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 54361 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

The only things video games ever inspired me to do was to kill random chickens to get their feathers.

Which is weird, because I don't even have any arrow making skills, so I'd just leave them on the ground next to the corpse.

Order your Guardians of the Galaxy tickets from now until August 4th from Fandango and you not only help The Allspark, but you also get entered in a chance to win original movie props from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers movies.

#6 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 15560 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

I remember after playing Metal Gear Solid 2 a lot one weekend I kept wanting to hide behind things while I was walking down the street. icon-fire.gif

#7 Waspinator

Waspinator

Is that your final Dandy?

• Citizen
  • 20161 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

I'd say the theft part is the lesser crime. The bigger one is the whole knife thing.

#8 Hecate

Hecate

Literally the worst poster ever

• Citizen
  • 26675 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(BlitzwingHaz @ Feb 1 2012, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember after playing Metal Gear Solid 2 a lot one weekend I kept wanting to hide behind things while I was walking down the street. icon-fire.gif

Did it make you suspect that everyone you knew was a secret agent for The Patriots?

99% of people fail to understand statistics. If you're one of the 23% who do, copy and paste this into your sig!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users