Vangelus

No no no no no no no!

• Citizen
  • 466 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

Part A

Part B

Part C

Edited by Vangelus, 02 February 2012 - 07:35 AM.

-Internet Personality

#2 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

If this does come state-side, would they clip the smokestacks again? I really want this, but with the high price and everything else I want that's putting a hurting on my wallet, I would *love* a cheaper alternative. I can do without the trailer.

#3 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6802 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:31 AM

I think they would likely be clipped off, likely at the spot where the thickness changes.

Who knows what the release here will be like though, if at all. Both times MP-1 was released he was uglified.
What is singature?

#4 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage
  • Citizen
  • 1046 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

Looking at the recent US MP releases, though, they are getting better at not bastardizing them. Grimlock is, I think, the best version of that mold, and Hot Rod had a toy-accurate color scheme and even extra accessories to make up for his lost bits.

#5 Naas

Naas

ORAORAORA

• Citizen
  • 5114 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Perhaps the US release will have a Megatron gun. And maybe a Peter Cullen voice box.

DOES SAYAKA SAYAKA JOJO SWORDS POSING ARCHER BLADE WORKS SOMETHING ME?

#6 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Retired Staff
  • 19709 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

Since the smokestacks telescope, it might not matter for the U.S. release.

#7 Vangelus

Vangelus

No no no no no no no!

• Citizen
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

Added the final vid! It's a comparison discussion between MP-10 and the original MP Convoy, featuring the GMfan101 of Canada.
-Internet Personality

#8 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6802 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE(Fear or Courage @ Feb 1 2012, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking at the recent US MP releases, though, they are getting better at not bastardizing them. Grimlock is, I think, the best version of that mold, and Hot Rod had a toy-accurate color scheme and even extra accessories to make up for his lost bits.

Grimlock was pretty nice, and I can appreciate the Skywarp, but other than that I'm not impressed. MP-1 was ruined by dirt and small stacks, his repaint was ruined by pastel and neon paint, Starscream was nice in theory but ruined by the dirt wash and black joints. Rodimus Prime? I love the Targetmaster but he lacks way too many paint apps to be called a Masterpiece. If I wanted to hold something toy accurate in my hands, I already have. He was designed specifically to look like Floro's show model, even down to the fake window crotch. To not take advantage of that defeats the purpose of his design. And the trailer and "4" modes is one of the things that made him very special too so he just isn't complete to me. Much as MP-10 won't be if he doesn't have his trailer. Just something special about having the whole package.

Course, we didn't even get MP-5 so no point in going there.

QUOTE(D Buster Prime @ Feb 2 2012, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since the smokestacks telescope, it might not matter for the U.S. release.

They never telescope down far enough, I don't think. In fact, they're more likely to break than MP-1 I would think due to being thinner at the top and having no lateral give. We'll see.
What is singature?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users