▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 19980 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(Rosicrucian @ Jan 31 2012, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Spark @ Jan 31 2012, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if the new Protectobots will be engineered better than the new Multiforce or if they'll still be all partsformery to hell and back.
QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Jan 31 2012, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wonder whether their exteriors will be constructed entirely of stickers like some other recent toys I could name.
You realize these are the Japanese equivalent of a Cracker Jack toy, right?

...when was the last time you bought a box of Cracker Jack?

(I wasn't complaining! I just think it's weird how they sculpt details onto these things and then tell you to cover it all up with stickers.)

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#42 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 2800 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Jan 31 2012, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a suspicion you might be right, Thy, and that's just a mock up using a picture of the G1 toy (the pictures down the side are of the box are the previous wave of kits). He'll be more than just blue, though - they come molded in three colours (I'd guess dark blue, light blue and red?) - but these things do have an *insane* amount of stickers.

It might be dark blue/light blue/red if they want a light blue Hot Spot, but I suspect we'll be getting blue/red/grey with a dark blue Hot Spot. Deathsaurus has a lot more grey than light blue, and Prime doesn't have any light blue at all.

#43 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 6011 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

Yeah, bear in mind that they gang-mold pretty much the entire wave of toys.

#44 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10486 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Jan 31 2012, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Jan 31 2012, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How's the plastic and paint quality on these?

What paint? icon-waspy.gif

They're cheap, snap together model kits that come with candy.

I haven't bought any of these, but if they're anything like the Super Sentai candy toys, they're at least molded from sturdy ABS plastic, so they won't be super fragile or anything.

They're molded in up to three basic colours, with a ton of stickers for detailing.

Cheap if you live in Japan, you mean... icon-screamer.gif

I love the Kabaya kits, but the G1 ones for example usually cost more then the actual G1 toy in a MISB state...

I never had one of these, only KOs (I have an Action Master Rollout for example), so - how 'soft' is the plastic? And how large are these guys? Because this Defensor is something I'd defintely like to get my hands on. icon-hotrod.gif

Boo-Sig.jpg

#45 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34075 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Feb 1 2012, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Jan 31 2012, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Jan 31 2012, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How's the plastic and paint quality on these?

What paint? icon-waspy.gif

They're cheap, snap together model kits that come with candy.

I haven't bought any of these, but if they're anything like the Super Sentai candy toys, they're at least molded from sturdy ABS plastic, so they won't be super fragile or anything.

They're molded in up to three basic colours, with a ton of stickers for detailing.

Cheap if you live in Japan, you mean... icon-screamer.gif

I love the Kabaya kits, but the G1 ones for example usually cost more then the actual G1 toy in a MISB state...

I never had one of these, only KOs (I have an Action Master Rollout for example), so - how 'soft' is the plastic? And how large are these guys? Because this Defensor is something I'd defintely like to get my hands on. icon-hotrod.gif

Plastic is good. not "soft". The figures are usually between Legend and Scout. So... around Cyberverse Commander.

And you can usually find these new ones for $10 or less. Even going back to Wave 1.

#46 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6517 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hell, I picked up a full case of Gaiacross (that's ten figures, and there's only six in the set) for less than $20 off HLJ in October.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 01 February 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#47 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 9295 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

For those asking what these kits are like, I got the Kabaya Ultra Magnus kit a year or so back, and wrote about it here. I imagine the basic concepts are similar with these guys.
TransformingSeminarian.2.gif
Curator of The Unofficial Convention and Club Exclusive data pages (now with a new URL thanks to Captured Prey).

#48 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

True Blue Heroes

• Citizen
  • 28063 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

is this up for preorder anywhere yet?

#49 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 2800 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Feb 1 2012, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plastic is good. not "soft". The figures are usually between Legend and Scout. So... around Cyberverse Commander.

And you can usually find these new ones for $10 or less. Even going back to Wave 1.

It should be emphasized that the Gaiacross components (and presumably the Gaia Defensor components) are tiny; smaller and certainly less complex than a Legion.

Which is why they'll work with Hot Spot, but I'm just saying.

#50 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 6011 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(Razorsaw @ Feb 1 2012, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is this up for preorder anywhere yet?
BBTS has listings.

#51 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4496 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

So is Hot Spot available in both the G1 boxes and the Gaia Guardian boxes?
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#52 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48438 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(Liege @ Feb 1 2012, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So is Hot Spot available in both the G1 boxes and the Gaia Guardian boxes?

Just G1 boxes.

#53 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41523 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

image hosting
It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#54 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 2800 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

The thigh stickers on Hot Spot seem kind of doomed.

#55 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48438 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

Those look pretty great in the picture. Of course they always look better in promo shots than in reality.

Randy

#56 SteamPunk Astrotrain

SteamPunk Astrotrain
  • Citizen
  • 1033 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

Now this is interesting. Deathsaurus appears to come with both Eagle and Tiger animals and Hot Spot can store Defensor's chestplate on his legs. I can't wait to see bigger pictures though, because I have no idea what the long, thin things are, on Hot Spot, that look like giant antenna clipped to his upper arms. I have the original G1 Toy, and I can assure you, it never had them. Unless they're some kind of bizarre homage to his repair base mode.
CW "We could always force him to watch that security footage of Waspinator trying to play an accordion.
DH "Are you kidding? Waspinator couldn't play a kazoo without fragging himself!"

#57 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41523 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

I think the antennae from his repair base were supposed to be clipped to his shoulders on the original toy too. But its a look that never caught on.
It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#58 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48438 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(SteamPunk Astrotrain @ Feb 9 2012, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now this is interesting. Deathsaurus appears to come with both Eagle and Tiger animals and Hot Spot can store Defensor's chestplate on his legs. I can't wait to see bigger pictures though, because I have no idea what the long, thin things are, on Hot Spot, that look like giant antenna clipped to his upper arms. I have the original G1 Toy, and I can assure you, it never had them. Unless they're some kind of bizarre homage to his repair base mode.

The Breast Force parts come with Optimus and Hot Spot (to give to Deathsaurus, like the last wave Victory Leo and Inferno came with parts for Rodimus' trailer).

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Feb 9 2012, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the antennae from his repair base were supposed to be clipped to his shoulders on the original toy too. But its a look that never caught on.

Yeah they're those parts that the G1 toy had.

Randy

#59 SteamPunk Astrotrain

SteamPunk Astrotrain
  • Citizen
  • 1033 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 9 2012, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(SteamPunk Astrotrain @ Feb 9 2012, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Breast Force parts come with Optimus and Hot Spot (to give to Deathsaurus, like the last wave Victory Leo and Inferno came with parts for Rodimus' trailer).

Randy

Well, I wouldn't mind Dethsaurus, since he's the Decepticon leader from Victory, so I might end up getting all three, and just not assembing Prime. Seems a bit of a waste, but maybe I can find someone who wants a mini WFC Optimus and does't care for the breastformer.
CW "We could always force him to watch that security footage of Waspinator trying to play an accordion.
DH "Are you kidding? Waspinator couldn't play a kazoo without fragging himself!"

#60 Meister79

Meister79
  • News and Content
  • 2478 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Seems these have been released.

In-hand images of the Protectobots!

http://www.hk-tf.com.....;extra=page=1

God Guardian is awesome!

Edited by Meister79, 14 April 2012 - 04:41 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users