#21 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• News Manager
  • 32809 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(Item42 @ Jan 31 2012, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally, a new Deathsaurus. How big will he be?

Cyberverse Commander, or thereabout.

#22 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 46220 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

Each figure comes with bonus parts (like the last wave did for Rodimus) to make the Full Deathsaurus (I imagine it includes his Breast Force plates and/or weapons).

Randy

#23 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 9826 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:34 AM

Y'know I really wish they'd do real G1 style toys like this. I mean compaired to modern toys the G1 guys were Quite simple and had a pretty small number of parts. I would think it'd be pretty cheep, compairitably, to churn out new actual Scramble City molds to be blindpacked.

That would be so cool...

-ZacWilliam, just a dream, I know, but blind packed G1 level Scramble City bits would be amazing... Especially if we got new team themes too... Makes Homer Simpson gurgling noises...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 31 January 2012 - 09:35 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#24 Spectre

Spectre

Crisis of Infinite Spectres

• Retired Staff
  • 7087 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Jan 31 2012, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Spectre @ Jan 31 2012, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like you could still build a G1 style Defensor if you wanted to, since Skyfeather apparently becomes a shield, and Heatrock a chestplate.

Yes, that's the whole point of them combining with the larger Hot Spot. They right out and say that. You can do normal Gaia Guardian or God Gaurdian whose basically Defensor with sheild and armor.

-ZacWilliam, I want to see the new guys Dery-ized now.

Yes, I realize that they can combine with Hot Spot. My point was that the new guys are not required for that combination.

#25 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 46220 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Jan 31 2012, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y'know I really wish they'd do real G1 style toys like this. I mean compaired to modern toys the G1 guys were Quite simple and had a pretty small number of parts. I would think it'd be pretty cheep, compairitably, to churn out new actual Scramble City molds to be blindpacked.

That would be so cool...

-ZacWilliam, just a dream, I know, but blind packed G1 level Scramble City bits would be amazing... Especially if we got new team themes too... Makes Homer Simpson gurgling noises...

Yeah I do too, especially when things like their God Ginrai has more articulation than the original (and better proportions as well).

Randy

#26 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 2470 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Jan 31 2012, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like you could still build a G1 style Defensor if you wanted to, since Skyfeather apparently becomes a shield, and Heatrock a chestplate.

Yes, that's the whole point of them combining with the larger Hot Spot. They right out and say that. You can do normal Gaia Guardian or God Gaurdian whose basically Defensor with sheild and armor.

Neither Gaia Defensor nor God Defensor is the original Defensor, though. Gaia is just the six "limbs", God is all seven guys. There's no picture here of regular old Defensor.

#27 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 19493 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE(LV! @ Jan 31 2012, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Neither Gaia Defensor nor God Defensor is the original Defensor, though. Gaia is just the six "limbs", God is all seven guys. There's no picture here of regular old Defensor.

God Defensor is all seven guys, but specifically he's Defensor holding Skyfeather in one hand and wearing Heatrock on his chest. So it's not unreasonable to think you can probably do a regular Defensor.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#28 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• News Manager
  • 32809 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Jan 31 2012, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(LV! @ Jan 31 2012, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God Defensor is all seven guys, but specifically he's Defensor holding Skyfeather in one hand and wearing Heatrock on his chest. So it's not unreasonable to think you can probably do a regular Defensor.

Which is exactly what Spectre said originally icon-hotrod.gif

#29 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 2470 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Jan 31 2012, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which is exactly what Spectre said originally icon-hotrod.gif

I promise that whatever I ended up saying, I meant to be backing up Spectre originally.

#30 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 2470 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

It also only just now occurred to me that this is going to be a Deathsaurus-blue Hot Spot. That'll be different.

#31 Cat

Cat

Official Stick Reviewer

• Supporter
  • 6992 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Jan 31 2012, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be so cool...

These are all gang-molded too, so that affects the character choice.

But, for a combiner, I'd prefer them like that. Makes them look more of a team, as opposed to 'those 5 random bots we found and stuck together'.

#32 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 46220 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(LV! @ Jan 31 2012, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It also only just now occurred to me that this is going to be a Deathsaurus-blue Hot Spot. That'll be different.

That's not necessarily true (if say Deathsaurus had a darker blue and a lighter blue with the lighter blue not being used on Optimus). He could use a lighter blue if he's the only one to, but based on the pictures of the combined Guardian yeah he's going to be darker.

Randy

#33 Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000

Extinctpundit

• Citizen
  • 13080 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

How's the plastic and paint quality on these?

Man, this is the first new "real" transforming Deathsaurus toy that people will care about (RIDMegs need not apply) in 20 years. It's enough to make you think there could ever be a chance for a reissue or update.
The TFWiki: when just five Infernos aren't enough. http://www.tfwiki.net

#34 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 46220 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Jan 31 2012, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man, this is the first new "real" transforming Deathsaurus toy that people will care about (RIDMegs need not apply) in 20 years. It's enough to make you think there could ever be a chance for a reissue or update.

No paint. Plastic is good considering their model kits (they're not fragile like Gundam kits can be). There is a little bit of give in the plastic like normal TF's tend to have.

Randy

#35 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 16994 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Jan 31 2012, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What paint? icon-waspy.gif

They're cheap, snap together model kits that come with candy.

I haven't bought any of these, but if they're anything like the Super Sentai candy toys, they're at least molded from sturdy ABS plastic, so they won't be super fragile or anything.

They're molded in up to three basic colours, with a ton of stickers for detailing.

#36 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage
  • Citizen
  • 954 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Jan 31 2012, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have Ultra Magnus and the God Ginrai combiner. The plastic quality is better than I thought. It's obviously cheaper than a main-line transformer, but it's still good and solid. The stickers are holding surprisingly well, too, mostly. There's a couple I occasionally need to smooth down around the edges with a toothpick.

#37 Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000

Extinctpundit

• Citizen
  • 13080 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

So all non-blue colors on him are stickers? At that size? Do we even know if that colored pic on the box is of this kit and not the G1 toy?

#38 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6359 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

I have a suspicion you might be right, Thy, and that's just a mock up using a picture of the G1 toy (the pictures down the side are of the box are the previous wave of kits). He'll be more than just blue, though - they come molded in three colours (I'd guess dark blue, light blue and red?) - but these things do have an *insane* amount of stickers.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 31 January 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#39 Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000

Extinctpundit

• Citizen
  • 13080 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'm 95% sure that's a pic of the original toy.

#40 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 5361 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(Spark @ Jan 31 2012, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if the new Protectobots will be engineered better than the new Multiforce or if they'll still be all partsformery to hell and back.
QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Jan 31 2012, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wonder whether their exteriors will be constructed entirely of stickers like some other recent toys I could name.
You realize these are the Japanese equivalent of a Cracker Jack toy, right?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users