Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (02 December 2016 - 03:57 PM)

What? They made a new Mummy movie and cast Tom Cruise? I love Cruise, but isn't he kind of expensive? Kind of stupid to rely on his star power to boost a new franchise instead of...like...good writing? I hope it had both, but I'm not holding my breath.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 11:36 PM)

Now if only I could get one of my GoG games to work right (well series of games) :(

@  Kalidor : (01 December 2016 - 11:24 PM)

Thanks, I picked it up. Worth it for the soundtrack alone

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 10:01 PM)

GoG is awsome.

@  wonko the sane? : (01 December 2016 - 08:07 PM)

woot woot, thank you kindly!

@  Dekafox : (01 December 2016 - 07:42 PM)

Head's up, GOG has Neverwinter Nights up for free for about another 30 hours or so

@  Verity Carlo : (01 December 2016 - 07:30 PM)

the men who murdered my imaginary friends

@  Locoman : (01 December 2016 - 05:30 PM)

I'm coming, Baby Legs! I'm.... Regular... Legs!

@  Benbot : (01 December 2016 - 04:05 PM)

What are you worried about, come get fake doors!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (01 December 2016 - 02:07 PM)

I just found out that Blue from Blue's Clues is a girl. Whoa.

@  Bass X0 : (01 December 2016 - 01:14 PM)

Holy Magikrap!

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 08:45 AM)

Also, TR Triggerhappy is a good mold.

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 07:34 AM)

I should have said "not staying together", but anyway.

@  unluckiness : (01 December 2016 - 06:50 AM)

My Astrotrain had that but some floor polish on the tabs helped.

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 06:48 AM)

On the subject of recalcitrant TR voyagers, does anyone else have an issue with Sentinel Prime's legs staying together in space-brick mode?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 03:40 AM)

Holy crap or holy carp? ;)

@  BlackMax : (30 November 2016 - 08:41 PM)

...holy crap it works!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 November 2016 - 07:14 PM)

Hold the button (orange spot) on his chest and push them down till they click.

@  BlackMax : (30 November 2016 - 06:05 PM)

The horns can never be kept down! \m/. >_< .\m/

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 November 2016 - 04:19 PM)

I was about to say.. I have no problem getting him to stay together in any mode. The horns was the worst thing for me. But I got that fixed.

@  unitremover : (30 November 2016 - 12:26 PM)

...and I just figured that out too

@  unitremover : (30 November 2016 - 12:24 PM)

Oh, hey, I figured it out. Now if I can just find a way to get his upper and lower body to stay pegged together in robot mode I'll be in business.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 November 2016 - 12:12 PM)

Cold showers.

@  unitremover : (30 November 2016 - 12:11 PM)

Oh, what's the trick to getting his horns to stay down?

@  unluckiness : (30 November 2016 - 08:26 AM)

Alolan baristas say the darndest things

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 November 2016 - 08:26 AM)

I like Alpha trion. Just gotta see if his horns will stay down now that I learned the trick.

@  Robowang : (30 November 2016 - 07:55 AM)

Alpha Trion is awesome. Fun transformation, beefy robot mode, sweet sword, amazing headsculpt, and great colors.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 November 2016 - 05:48 AM)

Why? Alpha Trion is pretty cool, even with some flaws. He reminds me of BW2 designs.

@  unitremover : (29 November 2016 - 11:34 PM)

I should've listened to what everybody else said about Alpha Trion and not gotten lured in by the sweet siren call of a new toy evoking Vector Prime

@  Msol : (29 November 2016 - 10:12 PM)

Hot damn Astrotrain is way better than I was expecting.

@  BlackMax : (29 November 2016 - 06:32 PM)

I would've guessed that unaired theme for Beast Machines.

@  Gizmoboy : (29 November 2016 - 04:11 PM)

yes, Lightbright is correct on that one

@  Lightbright : (29 November 2016 - 01:47 PM)

Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas?

@  Bass X0 : (29 November 2016 - 01:36 PM)

Name the song by the lyrics - "I'm a beast when you turn me on, into the future Cybertron"

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 November 2016 - 05:47 AM)

Ultra Matryoska.

@  BlackMax : (29 November 2016 - 04:55 AM)

That'd be CW Ultra Magnus, I would think.

@  Nutjob R/T : (29 November 2016 - 01:22 AM)

Hm. Titans Return Rowboat Girlyman?

@  BlackMax : (28 November 2016 - 09:09 PM)

TR Alpha Trion looks like a Space Marine Primarch. Specifically, I'm thinking Fulgrim.

@  Gryllid : (28 November 2016 - 09:02 PM)

Shop pet-smart. Shop Pet-S-Mart.

@  BlackMax : (28 November 2016 - 08:03 PM)

I understood that.

@  Telly : (28 November 2016 - 06:58 PM)

im gonna open a competing pet store and call it "petsdom". lets see how many people can figure this out lol

@  ShadowMan024 : (28 November 2016 - 06:57 PM)

Skywarp pushes people down stairs.

@  Robowang : (28 November 2016 - 06:52 PM)

Ramjet likes toast.

@  Broadside : (28 November 2016 - 06:39 PM)

"Petsmart" is actually an example of bad Romanisation that's become entrenched in the fandom.

@  ShadowMan024 : (28 November 2016 - 06:27 PM)

No no no, it's SPELT "Petsmart," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."

@  Dracula : (28 November 2016 - 06:23 PM)

It's pronounced "I can't go here with my wife because she'll cry when she goes to the cat adoption area"

@  MEDdMI : (28 November 2016 - 06:18 PM)

"peat's-may-rtt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 November 2016 - 05:03 PM)

It's pronounced "Petsmart". How else would you say it?

@  Bass X0 : (28 November 2016 - 05:02 PM)

Is "Petsmart" pronounced, "PetsMart" or "PetSmart"?

@  Whirl Maximus : (28 November 2016 - 04:31 PM)

The Legion of Doom liked my work on Black Friday I got a job offer! See you Doomsday folks.

Photo
- - - - -

TCC Drift is Arashikage!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
331 replies to this topic

#321 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8709 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(Kira Kira @ Feb 1 2012, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just want to vouch for Sprocket as a really reliable guy. If anyone really wants one you should totally take him up on the offer.

QUOTE(^0^CORVUS^o^ @ Feb 1 2012, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to personally thank Sprocket for pre-ordering Over-Run on my behalf tonight, and allowing me to pay him this weekend. Thank you!

D'awww shucks. icon-hotrod.gif

Judging by reactions elsewhere, maybe I should have offered on other sites too: I'm surprised how many people are dependent on PayPal for all their online transactions.
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#322 Magick

Magick

Autobot Rainbow Brigade

• Citizen
  • 2619 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE(Code of Walky @ Feb 3 2012, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Magick @ Feb 3 2012, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(G.B.Blackrock @ Feb 2 2012, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Zodberg @ Feb 2 2012, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they run out, can they produce more? I think that's reasonable, unless the limited production run was marketed as a selling point. I was planning on picking up one of these dudes at Botcon..

It's less about the limited run being a selling point, and more about the difficulty of getting the factories to do it. Punch/Counterpunch demonstrates that it may well be possible, but I wouldn't want to make any bets on it happening.

Why would the factories be unwilling to do another run? Assuming Hasbro doesn't have any issue. I don't know the logistics so I don't know what all would be involved in doing another production run. I suppose the production is scheduled with projects back to back to prevent down time. So to do another production run may have to delay all the other projects scheduled behind it. But then they did get another small run of P/CP, so then I'm not sure.

It is not easy to get the factories to do small runs of toys. Why? Because they are small runs of toys, when they could be doing much larger runs of toys that get them more money. I imagine that's why the Club toys this year were produced much closer to when the BotCon toys were. It's much easier for FP to finagle the factory into doing a block of toys all at once rather than one small run and then later another small run.

I'm starting to see why that would be an issue. Initially, my thinking was that they would just make sure they projects lined up back to back to prevent down time. But your post makes me realize how much time it must take to shut everything down, take off and put away the plates in use, find and install the plates to make the parts trees, and then restart all of the machines and get the workers back into the assembling groove. That could take literally all day to tear down and set up. Assuming there's not more to it and they can do all the set up in a day, that's still a full day they aren't producing something.

But then at the same time, are they paid per piece or per production run? I suppose it would come out the same either way.

Edited by Magick, 03 February 2012 - 12:34 AM.

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

#323 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 33659 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand they're all gone.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#324 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 16784 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

I keep seeing complaints about the Club needing to wait until payday (which isn't the same for everyone anyway) and I feel the need to point out something: we've known the preorder was coming around this time for a couple of months now - it even got pushed back due to Botcon registration giving a little more time. If one couldn't afford to set aside five bucks a week or whatever since it was announced, how could one suddenly afford to drop 50 to 120 bucks in one fell swoop? It's not like they said on Monday hey everyone, here's this year's toy and you'll have to buy it tomorrow or you'll never get it.

rGSsYeA.jpg

#325 Jeremy

Jeremy

Gargo 220 or something

• Retired Staff
  • 23660 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(Dake @ Feb 3 2012, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I keep seeing complaints about the Club needing to wait until payday (which isn't the same for everyone anyway) and I feel the need to point out something: we've known the preorder was coming around this time for a couple of months now - it even got pushed back due to Botcon registration giving a little more time. If one couldn't afford to set aside five bucks a week or whatever since it was announced, how could one suddenly afford to drop 50 to 120 bucks in one fell swoop? It's not like they said on Monday hey everyone, here's this year's toy and you'll have to buy it tomorrow or you'll never get it.

Yep, it's the same pretty much every single time they do anything. It makes me want to choke people just as an unrelated witness, so I'd hate to actually be on the direct receiving end of hearing the complaints about the timing of everything due to people's individual financial situations.

If the toys are just now sold out, even factoring in the credit processing issues that seems like a pretty reasonable amount of time for everyone to get one.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#326 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2227 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Heh, the complaints about not having money until pay day remind me why I am taking Dave Ramsey course on not being an idiot with my finances. I swear, this year Christmas will not sneak up on me!

I am also somewhat disturbed that I originally wrote "PayDay". PayPal apparently has a bigger hold on me than I thought. >.>

Edited by Otaku, 03 February 2012 - 04:06 PM.

Jesus loves you!

No, really!

#327 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5043 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

I didn't renew my membership this year, but I want to congratulate the club on the sale! That's pretty cool.
On them twitters

#328 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 33659 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(Jeremy @ Feb 3 2012, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Dake @ Feb 3 2012, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, it's the same pretty much every single time they do anything. It makes me want to choke people just as an unrelated witness, so I'd hate to actually be on the direct receiving end of hearing the complaints about the timing of everything due to people's individual financial situations.

If the toys are just now sold out, even factoring in the credit processing issues that seems like a pretty reasonable amount of time for everyone to get one.

Honestly, the credit processing snafu is the best thing they've ever had regarding this stuff, since it gave two days direct heads-up. I'd like to see that again next year, like put up the listings, but don't allow orders until a certain date and time a day or two later. Prices in advance at least would help.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#329 CORVUS

CORVUS

Are you ready to stand right here, right now?

• Supporter
  • 31047 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Dake @ Feb 3 2012, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Before I respond to this, I'll make sure this wasn't aimed in my direction.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#330 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 16784 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Nope, not aimed at any one in particular just an observation both here and on other boards.

rGSsYeA.jpg

#331 CORVUS

CORVUS

Are you ready to stand right here, right now?

• Supporter
  • 31047 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

Just making sure. In my case I lamented the timing, but didn't complain about what day the club decided to do it, because that's their choice and we have no control over it, and complaining about that doesn't accomplish anything. Setting aside a few bucks here and there is great so long as another expense doesn't suddenly drop out of the sky and wipe it out. In my case, what I was setting aside for a club exclusive ended up going toward a scramble to acquire FE Voyager Prime after the news broke that BBTS would not be filling their pre-orders.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#332 Skids

Skids

Get your quest on.

• Supporter
  • 1968 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

In regard to the club sale for the exclusives this year.

One I'm glad they were able to eb successful with the selling of the items this year. As this shows a good sign that they know what their doing with exclusive characters and hopeful we get to see better exclusives down the line and more stuff from the club.

On the other hand I'm am very upset with how the handle the exclusives release this year. As someone who had and still has the money ready to purchase both figures at a drop of dime from them. The fiasco with the club changing how they recieve payments. Truely messed me up. Since when I found out later on the first day of the toys being avaible to purchase. They had also stop put a stop on the orders and was holding off purchases as they were changing processing companies. Which prevented me from placing my order and two showed the club in a non profession light. That if they were expected to change processing companies or realize of a high risk that their current system couldn't handle it espically on their biggest sale of the year for them. That this should have been done before they did the sale to the general public. Which leaves them in bad llight from my perspective.

Then their was their update e-mail "Transformers Club Exclusives update - PLEASE READ!" This actually threw me off because of how they did the fonts and color words. Normally its always same font same text color Yes I'm at fault for now fulling reading every word espically with the please red. But the e-mail when I saw it. My eyes immediate jump to the big font red words skipping the top lines and reading that part. It made the e-mail sound like for those who were the 20% got their order in. With the new system coming up. Please check your order if you miss putting information in. It won't go throught. Plus with the club e-mails they normal send out an e-mail for each little specific thing. I was honetsly expecting an e-mail from them in the title. The club exclusives are pack in the store.

So just having to go through really hurts my confidence with the club. Even thou I know some peoeple would say this all my fault because I cuss word mess up on reading the e-mail. But I previous have seen club with a negative view point because of their convention handling process. Just having this happen really makes not want to go to their convention and hurts my desire to renew with the club even thou I want the renal figure. Well issaid my peace and hope Botcon Pete see this.