Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(G.B.Blackrock @ Jan 31 2012, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Jeremy @ Jan 31 2012, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You also have to factor in that there's going to be a massive rush from the hardcore fans right at the beginning, and those figures aren't likely to be consistent throughout the sale.

This is a very important disclaimer. There's definitely a declining curve involved.

That said, the difficulties of getting through, coupled with the break between yesterday's order period and whenever things open up again (today?), make it harder than usual to predict what will happen this time around.

I hope you guys are right about the initial rush. I'll tell you that the email from TCC about *only* 20% selling during that short time wasn't exactly consoling when I read it.

#242 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 19986 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Jan 31 2012, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's also shown as storing the swords, so I believe (despite owning 4 versions of that mold - both Drifts and both Blurrs) he can't store his little guns in their holsters as Drift's holsters are made for the swords only (they tooling is different from Drift to Blurr).

Randy

Confirmed experimentally. Also confirmed that Drift's swords can't fit in Blurr's holsters, either. (Man, I really thought that would work, too...)

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#243 Paranoia Dragon

Paranoia Dragon

Quadrapalegic Beligerant Mongaloidian Sloth Juggling Consultant

• Citizen
  • 1534 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(Alpha Omega Trion Supreme @ Jan 31 2012, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(G.B.Blackrock @ Jan 31 2012, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Jeremy @ Jan 31 2012, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You also have to factor in that there's going to be a massive rush from the hardcore fans right at the beginning, and those figures aren't likely to be consistent throughout the sale.

This is a very important disclaimer. There's definitely a declining curve involved.

That said, the difficulties of getting through, coupled with the break between yesterday's order period and whenever things open up again (today?), make it harder than usual to predict what will happen this time around.

I hope you guys are right about the initial rush. I'll tell you that the email from TCC about *only* 20% selling during that short time wasn't exactly consoling when I read it.

My thoughts exactly! 20% in like, what, an hour at the most?? That's alot to me. I really don't want to end up with JUST Runamuck!

#244 Dake

Dake

I can see my house from here!

• Supporter
  • 13272 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(Rosicrucian @ Jan 31 2012, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Dake @ Jan 31 2012, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as I loathe something like Mattycollector's subscriptions, I would happily have given the Club the money for Over-Runabout after the first photoshops were out and they could just ship him when he's ready.
That's... exactly what we're doing here, though? I mean the reason Matty does that is so they have a guaranteed baseline of how many of each figure to make. Fun Pub has already determined their production runs fairly decently, and they don't have as many figures to juggle.

Well, not precisely. Matty's numbers - if Toyguru can be believed - are set way ahead of time. They just want as many presold as possible. They have flat out stated they are only making X number of figures and if they get to a point where they have X-1 subscriptions then there will only be one extra figure for sale on sale day. After the 2012 subs were closed they announced they are even scaling back production despite the fact that new figures continue to sell out though it may take a week instead of an hour. They constantly warn there will be fewer and fewer figures available for day-of sales and they don't seem to care if people who can't or won't foot the bill for a year's worth of figures sight unseen are out of luck.

I think the difference with Fun Pub comes from the fact they aren't having to plan out a year's worth of figures, just two. Let's say they normally make 2000 figures. If they sell 2500 or 3000 preorders/donations then boom - they can plan on making more before the factory even gets going. Then, they can tack on an extra couple of hundred for Botcon and webstore stock. It also strikes at the scalping mentality too. Why should someone else make 100% profit off of their product if Fun Pub could actually make enough for everyone that wants one and pocket the money themselves?

Edited by Dake, 31 January 2012 - 08:37 PM.

PApddmT.jpg

#245 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 6036 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

To really do that, you need to do preorders at least six months in advance, as I understand it. That's the kind of turnaround time on production numbers.

#246 Dake

Dake

• Supporter
  • 13272 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

Well, they had the final decos done for this year's figures by their August 12th update with the mockups the following month so that's not too far off. Now admittedly, they only teased Runamuck in September and sat on Overrunabout for some time afterwards but it didn't sound like they had to do that - it was just building suspense.

Edited by Dake, 31 January 2012 - 08:59 PM.

PApddmT.jpg

#247 *Deathblade

*Deathblade
  • Citizen
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

Need to keep the word out on this, members are reporting fraud charges after ordering from funpub AGAIN.

http://www.tfw2005.c...ep-eye-out.html

http://www.allspark....s...=84493&st=0
Signature removed for exceeding 500X200 size limitations.

#248 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 9308 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(*Deathblade @ Feb 1 2012, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Need to keep the word out on this, members are reporting fraud charges after ordering from funpub AGAIN.

http://www.tfw2005.c...ep-eye-out.html

http://www.allspark....s...=84493&st=0

I'd exercise caution before suggesting that FunPub is to blame. If you'll read the thread on TFW, there are some factors that suggest it might possibly be something else causing the trouble, unrelated to any FunPub transactions.

I'm not absolving them, but these are serious accusations, and we need more evidence (and, just as important, the evidence pointing in other directions must also be explained) before we start rumors that could have such serious implications for a company.
TransformingSeminarian.2.gif
Curator of The Unofficial Convention and Club Exclusive data pages (now with a new URL thanks to Captured Prey).

#249 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34105 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

https://www.facebook...151255348266785

Just to let everyone know, we have upgraded our online security systems this week after a recent audit of our internal and external procedures. Online security is a serious business and Fun Publications takes it seriously. We have implemented an ongoing review process of these security systems so that as internet thieves become more sophisticated, so will our defense systems. If you have any concerns, please let us know. When you order from anyone on any kind of device, make sure that https starts the url. This means it is under a secure socket layer and is encrypted during transmission. Additionally all information in our database is encrypted under a 256K algorithm.

There have only been a handful of fraud problems and we haven't confirmed how many IF ANY were on our end. This upgrade was a precautionary measure. Fraud can come from many sources and it is difficult to determine with 100% certainty what happened in those rare cases. We are dedicated to solving any problems and will do whatever is necessary to make shopping with the Club a secure experience.

Or basically what G.B. said. With the added information about them stepping up their security now and in the future.

#250 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8037 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

Looks like they're back up.

Edited by Sprocket, 01 February 2012 - 04:01 PM.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#251 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

There's a brave new world that's raging inside of me

• Citizen
  • 1248 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Not quite yet...

They're on the front page; links don't work.
Although I did manage to get one in my cart, but by the time I checked out it was gone again and I couldn't process my order. Lol.
7244b91b-c7b0-4fa1-9807-9bbc554d14b6_zps
FOR SALE: Minicon 10-Packs! WANTED: TRU MASTERPIECE OPTIMUS PRIME, please PM if you have one for sale!

#252 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 2565 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(Sprocket @ Feb 1 2012, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like they're back up.

Not yet, they're testing out the links. If you try to order them it won't go through.

--SoS
3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#253 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 2565 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(Kira Kira @ Feb 1 2012, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not quite yet...

They're on the front page; links don't work.
Although I did manage to get one in my cart, but by the time I checked out it was gone again and I couldn't process my order. Lol.

Lol, same happened me.

--SoS
3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#254 Paranoia Dragon

Paranoia Dragon

Quadrapalegic Beligerant Mongaloidian Sloth Juggling Consultant

• Citizen
  • 1534 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

Gah, hurry up & get those links up, I have to leave for work! I hope they're still in stock when I get back in several hours. Still don't like that "only" 20% thing icon-primal.gif

AHHHH! I got my order in!!!!!! Please, let there be nothing stopping that order from ....whatever! icon-fire.gif

Edited by Paranoia Dragon, 01 February 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#255 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 2565 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

It's up now!

--SoS

#256 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

There's a brave new world that's raging inside of me

• Citizen
  • 1248 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

They're up!

I got Runabout! Sweet.

...oh, and look at that. I just got my confirmation e-mail too. ( ^ ~^ )
7244b91b-c7b0-4fa1-9807-9bbc554d14b6_zps
FOR SALE: Minicon 10-Packs! WANTED: TRU MASTERPIECE OPTIMUS PRIME, please PM if you have one for sale!

#257 Dake

Dake

• Supporter
  • 13272 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

YAY! I Got Overrun!
PApddmT.jpg

#258 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 2565 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Done with my order and got confirmation email. Thank goodness.

--SoS

#259 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48494 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

First time through I got the same error.

Second time it worked though.

Randy

#260 Detour

Detour

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Supporter
  • 17614 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

It worked! Awesome!

Can't wait to get those Battlechargers together. icon-hotrod.gif

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users