Edit:

Warpath
http://higekumatoyto...entry-1405.html

Thunderwing
http://higekumatoyto...entry-1406.html

Windcharger & Wipe-Out
http://higekumatoyto...entry-1404.html

Thanks to C16, Kira Kira, and Meister79 for the links! icon-ironhide.gif

Edited by Powered Convoy, 28 January 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#2 CORVUS

CORVUS

Not the one you were expecting!

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

Megatron is gorgeous.

#3 Zippo

Zippo

MISB FOREVER!

• Citizen
  • 1549 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE(^0^CORVUS^o^ @ Jan 28 2012, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Megatron is gorgeous.

And was the only one I could secure.
Damn limited income that didn't allow me to pre-order and now I have to fight the masses to get

Collecting since 2001.

#4 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23545 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

Always glad to see stuff like this before the toys come out, to cement my purchase decisions.

Megatron looks so pretty, I can almost forgive that awful, obtrusive gimmick arm of his. The mold is good enough otherwise to forgive it, at least until we get a better G2 Megatron.

Rodimus I'm actually a little less sold on needing in the longrun. I like the different approach, but would have much rather had that magenta version so many of us have been hoping for. Wonder if they managed to get a yellow plastic spoiler this time around.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#5 C16

C16

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Citizen
  • 6609 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

Randy, you missed that first link.

Rodimus without Microns:

http://higekumatoyto...entry-1401.html

Edited by C16, 28 January 2012 - 12:56 AM.

#6 Magnus

Magnus

Board

• Supporter
  • 7477 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

They both look pretty amazing, can't wait to get mine in.

#7 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

I couldn’t speak, you said, “I’m listening!”

• Citizen
  • 968 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:20 AM

More galleries are up!

Windcharger vs Wipeout
http://higekumatoyto...entry-1404.html

Warpath
http://higekumatoyto...entry-1405.html

And those pics of Megatron vs United Laser Prime made me keep my Megs preorder. (which I was starting to reconsider...)

EDIT: Crap.
I just looked at the comparison shots for Warpath and I decided I kind of really liked it's colors. So I re-preordered it. (I'm spending forty dollars for the same toy in slightly different colors... le sigh.)
This whole "re-preordering things I previously canceled" is becoming a trend, lol.

Edited by Kira Kira, 28 January 2012 - 02:33 AM.

SELLING: Minicon 10-Packs! WANTED: TRU MASTERPIECE OPTIMUS PRIME, please PM if you have one for sale!

#8 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41398 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:00 AM

I still think the white Special Edition version of Megatron looks the best. Which is the only one I own.

Think its kinda weird for a Rodimus Prime toy to be repainted from a Hot Rod (Rodimus) toy. Don't like the Mini-Cons attached in either mode, they're just too big IMO.

#9 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23545 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:22 AM

You've got to hand it to Takara-Tomy, matching the red plastic of G1 Warpath is a nice touch, but that by itself isn't really enough to make me care to shell out the money on it. Plus he lost his little "inside joke" numbers on the side of the tank. More different paint apps would have been nice, but I guess lighter eyes or something would have made him more technically inaccurate.

Still kind of feeling like Rodimus isn't worth it. :-\

Edited by Jeremy, 28 January 2012 - 06:23 AM.

"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#10 Meister79

Meister79
  • News and Content
  • 2410 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

Thunderwing gallery also up:
http://higekumatoyto...entry-1406.html

The slight color differences on Thunderwing do improve his look.

#11 C16

C16

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Citizen
  • 6609 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

Looks like I'm going to end up with the whole first wave besides that terrible Megatron toy.

#12 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:22 AM

Rodimus should have always had that Mini-Con port. I've always advocated adding at last one Mini-Con port to mold so you can do this. Seems like a simple thing they should do to molds.

#13 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• News Manager
  • 32804 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE(mignash @ Jan 28 2012, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rodimus should have always had that Mini-Con port. I've always advocated adding at last one Mini-Con port to mold so you can do this. Seems like a simple thing they should do to molds.

While it's does add a touch of added playability, I'm finding it nothing but visually detrimental to the toy. None of the Mini-Cons actually look good while resting on that peg. And without the Mini-Cons, the peg just sits there rather obtrusively.

Obviously, that's just my opinion. But I should also say that I was looking forward to seeing how it would work when it was first revealed. Like I said it does add playability, so I thought it might be cool. But Rodimus just doesn't have the size to pull it off; all the Minicons just look terribly huge on him.

Edited by NightViper, 28 January 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#14 C16

C16

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Citizen
  • 6609 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

Yeah, I'll be fully ignoring the peg. I mean come on. A giant gun on the good that prevents sight from inside the car is stupid, even if he doesn't even need a driver. And it doesn't look good either.

Edited by C16, 28 January 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#15 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage
  • Citizen
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

Meeeh, especially in these pics, the Rodimus Prime repaint isn't doing it for me. I get what they were going for, but ultimately his colors read as "another Hot Rod variant" rather than "Hot Rod powered up into a leader."

Like someone else suggested here, they might have been better off doing him up in Magenta or something and billing him as "Targetmaster Rodimus," which he basically is with the retool.

#16 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 1030 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

I like Thunderwing's Colors, but I don't know if he's worth the upgrade.

It's not like Night and day like the Tank Megatron was, so that makes the choice harder.

The thing I do like about the Hosbro colors is that it has this sickly quality to it that gives me the impression that he's been corrupted by the power of the matrix.

#17 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE(Kira Kira @ Jan 28 2012, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT: Crap.
I just looked at the comparison shots for Warpath and I decided I kind of really liked it's colors. So I re-preordered it. (I'm spending forty dollars for the same toy in slightly different colors... le sigh.)
This whole "re-preordering things I previously canceled" is becoming a trend, lol.

I was looking at the Warpath gallery and thought it was an easy pass until they show the pic of them side by side. Yes, I miss the inside joke code words in the deco, but I really prefer the shade of red on the United.

I really like that head on G2 Megatron, but being that I already own the Special Edition and the normal classics version, it's a pass.

I'm extremely happy that it looks like the only difference in the Windchargers is that the United has an autobot symbol.

#18 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 46212 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for the links guys (including the correction). icon-ironhide.gif

Warpath, though only really a light red instead of brown is a big improvement. I never liked the brown of the Generations version and knew eventually TakaraTomy would put him in better colors. I do wish something was done with his eyes though.

I like Thunderwing's colors better too (again he's just a pallet swap). Which is surprising as I'd think I'd like the comic inspired colors better, but the light purple, gray, and black go really well with the colors on his torso. He's not overly green.

Windcharger is nearly identical save for his symbol and perhaps slight changes in his light gray plastic and gray paint.

I like the Rodimus, but the face and hands are a bit too light. Even lighter than the Masterpiece's is and it reminds me of the paint they used on the Mega SCF figures (which isn't necessarily a good thing).

Megatron is quite good and at least as good as the Special Edition G1 colored one and loads better than the green version.

Randy

#19 Prowl

Prowl

Brawn does it.........

• Retired Staff
  • 3828 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

I would really like to see what that rodimus would look like with Protector armor on.

#20 Hydra

Hydra

I'm in your Burger Bot eating burgers with your Isenburg!

• Citizen
  • 2198 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

Interestingly, WC/WO and Warpath seem to be the popular ones.

e-HOBBY sold out of Rodimus first, but when I visited Yodobashi this afternoon,
there were no Warpaths and only one of the 2-pack left, but plenty Rodimii.

-Hydra
SELL ME THESE ITEMS!
Botcon 1997 Dinner Decoys: $300 ea.
Unreleased Ultra Magnus Street Speed Team: $1000
Lucky Draw Orange Hazard Team: $500/member
Bagged BotCon 2006 Box Set figures

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users