• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Llwynoh

Llwynoh
  • Citizen
  • 511 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

I just want to say, as someone who has been posting on here since '02 (old account password and email are looooong gone), that the negative reactions to the knock off threads make me less reluctant to post on the 3rd party original product threads, or the forums in general regarding new toys.

I very much understand there is a market for reproductions, replacement parts, custom parts, fixes and mods, and things like Warbot Defender and such. I do think when the knocked off product is a full complete toy, thats pushing the line. When the package is also a reproduction of the original package, that isn't just a knock off, that's a counterfeit, a product masquerading as another product.

This isn't about which company should get whos money, or IPs or anything like that, this is about the type of discussion these threads encourage on the forums.

Feel free to delete/flame the heck out of this. icon-fire.gif I won't be monitoring the thread. icon-waspy.gif

#2 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6773 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

What?
What is singature?

#3 CORVUS

CORVUS

Its showtime, folks!

• Supporter
  • 28412 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

I think the last sentence in the OP is the most telling.

"I don't have to make any sense here. Enjoy!"

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#4 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 10707 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

I have no idea what Llwynoh is trying to say. We have a seven-page thread in this very forum that seems to be saying much of the same thing/inviting the same discussion. And Llwynoh has made it clear that he doesn't care enough to explain how this is different (or what is actually being said in the first place).

So... locked. Llwynoh, PM me if you think I'm missing something here. At the moment I just don't see any point or merit, but I'd be happy to reopen the thread if you're willing to explain it to me.
"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users