642 replies to this topic

#161 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

High on Believing

• Citizen
  • 18972 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

All of my hate. I'm glad I got Cliffjumper for $40. But I really wanted Bulkhead.

This rustles my jimmies quite a bit.

#162 Shattered

Shattered

The Other Spider

• News and Content
  • 4951 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(Jeremy @ Jan 28 2012, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(^0^CORVUS^o^ @ Jan 29 2012, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the Optimus Prime pre-order is also sold out.

Dammit.

Yeah, the Takara First Edition Optimus Prime preorder never was opened back up today that I saw. And yes, I shockingly knew what I was talking about all along. icon-fire.gif

Times like these make me wish they had a waitlist system for when preorders open back up Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

It was open when I placed my pre-order for Cliffjumper.

#163 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 5390 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(^0^CORVUS^o^ @ Jan 28 2012, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, can we perhaps start a thread in the BST forum, and sticky it, for people looking to acquire FE toys and people in the Great White North willing to go to bat and hook them up if possible?

Would it only be for FE? The RID stuff isn't at full circulation either & some of us may want that too...
SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone!

TWITTER: Paladin4221

#164 CORVUS

CORVUS

It's always sunny in Heliopolis!

• Supporter
  • 28798 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

The RID stuff is indeed not in full circulation, but its also NOT being discontinued. As such, there's a bit of a difference here.

That said, I'd see no harm in it. I just don't want to muddle the issue.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#165 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23565 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(Shattered @ Jan 29 2012, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Jeremy @ Jan 28 2012, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(^0^CORVUS^o^ @ Jan 29 2012, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the Optimus Prime pre-order is also sold out.

Dammit.

Yeah, the Takara First Edition Optimus Prime preorder never was opened back up today that I saw. And yes, I shockingly knew what I was talking about all along. icon-fire.gif

Times like these make me wish they had a waitlist system for when preorders open back up Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

It was open when I placed my pre-order for Cliffjumper.

Well damn, and here I was the one who reported on Bulkhead and Cliffjumper, and kept an eye on it throughout the day. I'll keep checking I guess, I've done it before with preorders that were sold out. They frequently will get more, or someone will cancel.

Really wanting to see Voyager Starscream, because I want to go ahead and get Takara Deluxe Starscream if I don't like the Voyager. The added contrast with the black just does it for me for some reason.

Edited by Jeremy, 28 January 2012 - 10:44 PM.

"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#166 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Has BBTS officially declared that the pre-orders for FE merchandise is kaput? I'm reading a lot of panic in this thread, but I'm not seeing much in the way of official declaration from the business, especially with all the people(including me) who still have pre-orders. I'm having much difficulty believing there's been a line of figures manufactured and only a smidgeon of it has actually hit retail or will ever hit retail.

#167 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts
  • Location:Mt. Vernon, VA Home: Long Island, NY Previous: Tampa, FL

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(Alpha Omega Trion Supreme @ Jan 28 2012, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has BBTS officially declared that the pre-orders for FE merchandise is kaput? I'm reading a lot of panic in this thread, but I'm not seeing much in the way of official declaration from the business, especially with all the people(including me) who still have pre-orders. I'm having much difficulty believing there's been a line of figures manufactured and only a smidgeon of it has actually hit retail or will ever hit retail.

Like I said earlier, no one's pre-orders have been cancelled, nor has any notice been sent out. All we have is a few people who, being curiuous, emailed BBTS and asked...and got a reply saying "tune in wednesday!", basically.

There's a whole rant a page or two back.
xvpu.jpg
Looking for; 2005 Botcon Ratchet, Junker Classics Optimus Prime (for parts)

#168 Magnus

Magnus

Board

• Supporter
  • 7492 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE(^0^CORVUS^o^ @ Jan 28 2012, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Jan 28 2012, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This leaves all of us in a pretty jivey situation; I've passed up on stuff I saw at TRU, because I was waiting for my BBTS Preorder. I've passed up reasonable eBay prices, because I was waiting for my BBTS Preorder. I've passed up on asking a Canadian to aquire some of the products I want for me, because I was waiting for my BBTS Preorder.

None of these options are viable anymore. And BBTS should know that I, and 90% of the folks who have FE stuff on Preorder don't want RiD product instead.

So while the situation seems to be a Hasbro foul-up, I'm just as displeased with BBTS if this is all how it looks so far. They made a pretty big deal about promoting themselves as the ONLY garunteed way to get this product (In fact, initially implying there'd be no retail release at all). And now they've suckered a lot of people into being left without any options but insane price gouging (Buy Takara, eBay) or being SOL on the whole line.

This echoes exactly how I felt. When people were buying FE Voyager Op off eBay, I wanted to jump but made myself wait because I had my BBTS pre-orders. Now, it seems I'm going to have to either accept being gouged or just do without, unless some friendly Canuck is able to assist me.

This bites.

If I see any, i'll let you know, but i'll tell you right now that thanks to the terrible distribution and case packaging, it was almost impossible to find a Bulkhead when they hit the shelves. That was about a month ago and I haven't see any in my city since.

In fact, I checked the local TRU tonight and they only had 2 Bumblebees. I remember with pain for you guys walking into one of those TRU's and seeing 5 Cliffjumpers and 9 FE Voyager Op's on the shelves. If I had only known....

#169 tec

tec

Season of the witches...Strike Witches

• Citizen
  • 15183 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:43 AM

icon-depth.gif That avatar.....

I just want a Cliffjumper myself

#170 chonosmoon

chonosmoon
  • Citizen
  • 87 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

First Edition toy prices now skyrocket!

#171 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

We need to get this place sprayed.

• Supporter
  • 4653 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(Magnus @ Jan 29 2012, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I checked the local TRU tonight and they only had 2 Bumblebees. I remember with pain for you guys walking into one of those TRU's and seeing 5 Cliffjumpers and 9 FE Voyager Op's on the shelves. If I had only known....

It's probably a regional thing. Last night I went to a TRU, and through some charm/wit/flirting/fibbing, I got one of the girls to bring out 3 unopened cases of TFP deluxes and one unopened case of TFP voyagers, from which I promptly bought Bulkhead.
I feel like I got the last one in the city!

And even though I finally got Bulky, and therefore all the FE figure I have any interest in (Prime. Arcee, Cliff, & Bulky), my statement from page 7 still stands, this whole debacle has been colossally stupid!

#172 corgsopal

corgsopal

It was catastro-, catastro-feeling good

• Supporter
  • 5043 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

So, was Zombie Cliffjumper part of the first edition waves or is it part of the RiD line?
Reclaim the suffix.

#173 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 6160 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(Corgsopal @ Jan 29 2012, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, was Zombie Cliffjumper part of the first edition waves or is it part of the RiD line?

It would've been part of the last FE wave, with the car Vehicon.

#174 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48487 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(Corgsopal @ Jan 29 2012, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First Edition along with the Vehicon.

Zombie Cliff is getting released in TakaraTomy's version of RiD so maybe he'll show up in Hasbro's too.

Randy

#175 corgsopal

corgsopal

It was catastro-, catastro-feeling good

• Supporter
  • 5043 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Jan 29 2012, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Corgsopal @ Jan 29 2012, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First Edition along with the Vehicon.

Zombie Cliff is getting released in TakaraTomy's version of RiD so maybe he'll show up in Hasbro's too.

Randy

Ugh I hope so. I don't want to spend $40 on one, and I kind of promised a buddy of mine I'd get him one.
Reclaim the suffix.

#176 Robowang

Robowang
  • Citizen
  • 779 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

AIDS

twistygif_zpsmscm9gxa.gif

Attention rich people: Complete/loose G1 collection for sale $20,000. Includes all figures and accessories from U.S. G1

My Wants List
Robowang's eBay Store - lots of TFs
My feedback

#177 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4743 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

Do all the new RiD voyagers have a ligh-up gimmick or something (Powerizers?) Because that might indicate more going on behind the scenes then we realize. Maybe two competing concepts, and the electronic toys won out in the end, and precipitated th FE line as a whole, and this new strangeness.

Also, what does this mean for the DOTM tail-end deluxes, and the Movie Trilogy waves?

Lots of hinky stuff going on, belike.

Edited by Nanite, 30 January 2012 - 12:47 AM.

On them twitters

#178 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

I don't like the color...

• Supporter
  • 3353 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE(Nanite @ Jan 30 2012, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, what does this mean for the DOTM tail-end deluxes, and the Movie Trilogy waves?

... suddenly I'm very worried for the G1 Homage DotM Wheeljack...

0n39.png

#179 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 12045 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

I thought at Botcon they said the repaints of Wheeljack and Soundwave in DOTM will be in the RiD line

#180 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4743 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Jan 29 2012, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Nanite @ Jan 30 2012, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

... suddenly I'm very worried for the G1 Homage DotM Wheeljack...

I tried to be all "calm down guys, everything is fine" but I'm better at "ZOMG we're all gonna DIE"
On them twitters

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users