#141 Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0

...or should I?

• Citizen
  • 7773 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(Nanite @ Jan 27 2012, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I betcha we'll all be fine with this in two months, six tops.

Does anyone still get worked up over Windcharger, Deep Dive, or the lost PCC waves?

Oh and when is Entertainment Earth going to pull their Pre-orders?

I'd still be pissed if I hadn't found them. I mean, I finally got a Heavy Tread LAST WEEK. This is annoying. Not being able to get a new mold optimus prime is kind of a big deal.

#142 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8079 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

I wouldn't be too worried: with years of life left in this franchise, between 2-packs and store exclusives, these molds won't stay hard-to-find forever. The only x-factor's potential deco changes like battle damage or tribal tattoos or sponsorship ads energy crackles or what have you, as many fans will usually want their molds "pristine". (I don't, but some do: give me the US Sidearm Sideswipe any day.)
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#143 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2429 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

All that's left at BBTS for the japanese version is 12 vehicons!
"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#144 tec

tec

Its a Gundam!!!

• Citizen
  • 15335 posts
  • Location:Second star to the right and straight on till morning.
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hasbro: We got these early edtion Transformer Prime Toys to showcase our new series with anyone wanna put thim on theres shelfs?

Wal-Mart: No I overstocked on Dark of the Moon toys even thought I was still trying to get rid of Revenge of the Fallen toys

Target: No Im in the same boat as Wal-Mart I dont want to allocate shelf space to a new TF product

TRU: Yes..No..Maybe just a few and thats it

Hasbro: Well I guess thats everyone then..wait what about online stores...well put out a note and see if they do..but nah.. no one wants thim scrap the idea

BBTS,HTS,TFScorce,: NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!

Anyway why could we not order thim though Amazon and such?

Edited by tec, 28 January 2012 - 03:47 PM.

sigtest1D_zpsa793aca9.jpg
When the first finger slipped on a keyboard without the tools to erase the mistake, tec was there. When the first pencil hit paper with no eraser to remove error, tec was there. When the first cave painting depicted a buffalo when it meant to show a horse, tec. was. there.
-Phage

#145 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2429 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

I just saw an eBay auction with FE OP, Bulk, and Cliff go for 200 plus 35 shipping, buy it now.
Yikes.
"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#146 Dake

Dake

I can see my house from here!

• Supporter
  • 13429 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Jan 28 2012, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Dake @ Jan 28 2012, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Corvus: True - I just can't imagine Hasbro browbeat TRU into it. We'll likely never know for sure - Hasbro isn't going to berate TRU publicly for it. But Hasbro must have said, "Hey, we can have these figures ready at this time if you want them." and TRU agreed only to change their mind. Hasbro has said time and again they don't move forward unless they have retailer support.

Option C might be they were hoping online retailers would have more preorders and those goals weren't met so they scrapped the whole thing - but that seems even further-fetched to me.

The problem with this assumption is that the figures appeared in Canada. And Hasbro didn't just make 20 of each, and send them to TRU Canada.

The full production run was MADE. It went SOMEWHERE. How the online retailers aren't getting SOME of it is beyond explanation. Even all the other "disappearing tail-end" stuff that's come up (Windcharger, PCCs, Universe legends) were STOCKED by BBTS and others; Maybe not enough to satisfy demand, but they still placed their orders, and got their product.

The only times BBTS or other retailers have had to cancel their preorders is when the product is never even made; like the last RTS Scout wave with Rumble and Bodyblock. Those never got their production run at all, so they never showed up anywhere. But...TRU Canada has gotten the Entertainment pack, Cliffjumper, and the Voyagers. And those are the preorders that BBTS will (supposedly) be cancelling.

I'd say you're probably right and that puts more blame on TRU's shoulders in my mind. The toys are out there they just changed their minds.

Now BBTS is something entirely different and I too don't understand why it would matter what TRU did or didn't do as far as their stock is concerned.

If they don't hit ROSS, then I expect Australia will be inundated with them.

I just thought of another possibility. Mattel called 'em up and was like, "Hey... uh... you know how everyone's all mad at us because we can't manage to sell He-man right? Could you maybe do something to take the heat off us for a bit? kthnxbai."

Edited by Dake, 28 January 2012 - 03:43 PM.

PApddmT.jpg

#147 CORVUS

CORVUS

It's always sunny in Heliopolis!

• Supporter
  • 28941 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Jan 28 2012, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This leaves all of us in a pretty jivey situation; I've passed up on stuff I saw at TRU, because I was waiting for my BBTS Preorder. I've passed up reasonable eBay prices, because I was waiting for my BBTS Preorder. I've passed up on asking a Canadian to aquire some of the products I want for me, because I was waiting for my BBTS Preorder.

None of these options are viable anymore. And BBTS should know that I, and 90% of the folks who have FE stuff on Preorder don't want RiD product instead.

So while the situation seems to be a Hasbro foul-up, I'm just as displeased with BBTS if this is all how it looks so far. They made a pretty big deal about promoting themselves as the ONLY garunteed way to get this product (In fact, initially implying there'd be no retail release at all). And now they've suckered a lot of people into being left without any options but insane price gouging (Buy Takara, eBay) or being SOL on the whole line.

This echoes exactly how I felt. When people were buying FE Voyager Op off eBay, I wanted to jump but made myself wait because I had my BBTS pre-orders. Now, it seems I'm going to have to either accept being gouged or just do without, unless some friendly Canuck is able to assist me.

This bites.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#148 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 28409 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

BBTS hasn't actually cancelled anyone's preorders, that I know of. One CSR (Rita) has replied to a couple of people who e-mailed BBTS asking where the hell their stuff is with what QuantumHawk quoted above.

The listings are still up, and taking preorders. My Preorder is still in effect. I have recieved absolutely no notice, warning, or hint that anything's going on, except through this thread.

So...I really don't know what to make of all this. It seems particularly shady if BBTS knows (and HAS known) that the product isn't coming in, but haven't told their customers...unless they randomly inquire? But otherwise, they leave all the preorders up, and go home for the weekend? Meawhile, (as of last night) all the equivilent Takara product is sold out. (and twice the price, but that's just how it is)

This leaves all of us in a pretty jivey situation; I've passed up on stuff I saw at TRU, because I was waiting for my BBTS Preorder. I've passed up reasonable eBay prices, because I was waiting for my BBTS Preorder. I've passed up on asking a Canadian to aquire some of the products I want for me, because I was waiting for my BBTS Preorder.

None of these options are viable anymore. And BBTS should know that I, and 90% of the folks who have FE stuff on Preorder don't want RiD product instead.

So while the situation seems to be a Hasbro foul-up, I'm just as displeased with BBTS if this is all how it looks so far. They made a pretty big deal about promoting themselves as the ONLY garunteed way to get this product (In fact, initially implying there'd be no retail release at all). And now they've suckered a lot of people into being left without any options but insane price gouging (Buy Takara, eBay) or being SOL on the whole line.

This is pretty much exactly my problem and outlook. I've been doing business with BBTS for at least ten years without a hitch, so when this comes along, I feel pretty burned.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#149 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4892 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

On the one hand this really stinks for any collectors who really wanted particular versions of the molds. Personally for me it's not as bad as the characters I planned to get so far (Wheeljack Ratchet Arcee) will be in RiD and I don't think I will be worse off for getting them there.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#150 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Retired Staff
  • 9061 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

I don't understand why this happened, at all.
I just wanted Cliffjumper, the more recent version looks significantly less impressive. I can't discern much difference between the First Edition Prime and the one with translucent arms. Though, that's a bit disappointing as well.

#151 Shattered

Shattered

The Other Spider

• News and Content
  • 5166 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(Strafe @ Jan 28 2012, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand why this happened, at all.
I just wanted Cliffjumper, the more recent version looks significantly less impressive. I can't discern much difference between the First Edition Prime and the one with translucent arms. Though, that's a bit disappointing as well.

I just picked up FE Prime and can assure you he is significantly better than the RiD version. It may not be as demonstrable in photos as the difference between the two Cliffjumpers, but it's certainly a world of difference when you get your hands on him.

#152 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14500 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(^0^CORVUS^o^ @ Jan 28 2012, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This echoes exactly how I felt. When people were buying FE Voyager Op off eBay, I wanted to jump but made myself wait because I had my BBTS pre-orders. Now, it seems I'm going to have to either accept being gouged or just do without, unless some friendly Canuck is able to assist me.

This bites.

Yep same thing here. I didn't buy anything off of Ebay or Canadian sellers with BST threads because I was secure in the knowledge that I had preorders at BBTS and therefore was assured getting everything I wanted for just a small markup. Now I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that a Canadian contact I have can find me a Bulkhead, Prime, and Cliffjumper so I don't hafta pay scalper prices for them. In the 11 or so years that I've been dealing with BBTS this has never happened to me before, words can't describe the aggravation I feel right now.

#153 Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk

Fight the Future

• Retired Staff
  • 18259 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

I'm sorry, is there any indication that Canadian TRU stores are restocking FE toys? I was under the impression that they got in their initial stock and maybe a brief restock of some deluxes and then they've been bare.

#154 Shattered

Shattered

The Other Spider

• News and Content
  • 5166 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(Quantumhawk @ Jan 28 2012, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry, is there any indication that Canadian TRU stores are restocking FE toys? I was under the impression that they got in their initial stock and maybe a brief restock of some deluxes and then they've been bare.

I've seen at least three restocks of Prime FE at Canadian TRUs. Last one was probably two weeks ago.

Edited by Shattered, 28 January 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#155 CORVUS

CORVUS

• Supporter
  • 28941 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

So, can we perhaps start a thread in the BST forum, and sticky it, for people looking to acquire FE toys and people in the Great White North willing to go to bat and hook them up if possible?

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#156 Magick

Magick

Autobot Rainbow Brigade

• Citizen
  • 2562 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(Jeremy @ Jan 28 2012, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just as a heads up for everyone, BBTS has some preorders back open again for the Takara versions of First Edition Bulkhead and Cliffjumper. They might go fast, so you better get on it. The Japanese versions are slightly nicer looking, and might be slightly cheaper than aftermarket prices on the Hasbro ones anyway:

http://www.bigbadtoy...p;category=8098

First Edition stuff is on the second page of the link.

Those are the main line releases. Not the FE versions.
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

#157 Shattered

Shattered

The Other Spider

• News and Content
  • 5166 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Magick @ Jan 28 2012, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Jeremy @ Jan 28 2012, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just as a heads up for everyone, BBTS has some preorders back open again for the Takara versions of First Edition Bulkhead and Cliffjumper. They might go fast, so you better get on it. The Japanese versions are slightly nicer looking, and might be slightly cheaper than aftermarket prices on the Hasbro ones anyway:

http://www.bigbadtoy...p;category=8098

First Edition stuff is on the second page of the link.

Those are the main line releases. Not the FE versions.

FE versions are on page 2.

Edit: Cliffjumper's already sold out. Glad I got in on that when it first opened.

Edited by Shattered, 28 January 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#158 CORVUS

CORVUS

• Supporter
  • 28941 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

And the Optimus Prime pre-order is also sold out.

Dammit.

#159 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14500 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(^0^CORVUS^o^ @ Jan 29 2012, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, can we perhaps start a thread in the BST forum, and sticky it, for people looking to acquire FE toys and people in the Great White North willing to go to bat and hook them up if possible?

That's what they're doing at TFW so why not here?

#160 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23565 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(^0^CORVUS^o^ @ Jan 29 2012, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the Optimus Prime pre-order is also sold out.

Dammit.

Yeah, the Takara First Edition Optimus Prime preorder never was opened back up today that I saw. And yes, I shockingly knew what I was talking about all along. icon-fire.gif

Times like these make me wish they had a waitlist system for when preorders open back up Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Edited by Jeremy, 28 January 2012 - 09:37 PM.

"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users