Transformers Prime First Edition

642 replies to this topic

#21 Engledogg

Engledogg
  • Citizen
  • 1936 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

I'm hoping that BBTS get these in...but from their response to Robogeek, it doesn't look good.

Could the fact that the role-play Bumblebee Ion Blaster has been spotted at TRU be a glimmer of hope that maybe the rest of the stuff is coming eventually?

MIKE
engledogg

Edited by Engledogg, 26 January 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#22 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14432 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE(Engledogg @ Jan 26 2012, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm hoping that BBTS get these in...but from their response to Robogeek, it doesn't look good.

MIKE
engledogg

I remain optimistic, I have no other choice. icon-fire.gif

However the fact that no other U.S online retailer has gotten any either is really making optimism hard.

#23 Engledogg

Engledogg
  • Citizen
  • 1936 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Let's say they never show up at TRU or BBTS.

Couldn't HTS put them out themselves? I mean, these things already have to be packaged and are probably just sitting in some warehouse, right?

Or did actual store orders dictate how many toys were actually produced and what has been produced is all that will be produced?

If they were produced and packaged, I can't see Hasbro sitting on them and taking a huge loss like that.

But, then again, who knows?

MIKE
engledogg

Edited by Engledogg, 26 January 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#24 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 2811 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

Transformers always seems to have a particularly panicky fandom to me.

Woo, 1500 posts in ten years.

Edited by LV!, 26 January 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#25 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 45838 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(LV! @ Jan 26 2012, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Transformers always seems to have a particularly panicky fandom to me.

Woo, 1500 posts in ten years.

Because we're spoiled. I'm pretty sure we have ti better than any other collector based fandom other than Gundam. When things have the appearance of going wrong people freak out. It's not the norm.

This though... this is just plain off.

15421072186_462d2859a6_o.jpg

#26 Doofy

Doofy

Anusface

• Citizen
  • 3510 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

I don't get upset very often but this news makes me angry. I'm a consumer with a crazy-limited budget at the moment, but I'd STILL buy Cliffjumper/Prime/Bulkhead if I encounter them. I'm basically in the position of begging Hasbro to take my money and they pull this jive. Very uncool. Just put them on HTS, please.

#27 Blindmouse

Blindmouse

Ya need a cookie?

• Supporter
  • 6665 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

That sounds too odd too be completely true.
I bet the figures start showing up around the time TRU finishes doing it's inventory.

...At least I'm hoping.

#28 Fishbug

Fishbug

Injector has a posse

• Citizen
  • 9370 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Jan 26 2012, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, doing some logic in my head.
"TRU stores in each market"
BBTS, TFsource, HTS and other US webstores have never received the Voyagers or 1.5
Canadian TRUs ordered the full line, US TRUs only ordered wave 1
All the voyagers and etc went to Canada which is why US webstores never got them.
We will not see these toys in Ross, et al, because US TRUs have no overstock to sell.

... Blame Canada?

#29 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 2811 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hasbro never even says that TRU is sold out of them in its message. How could they? They don't know TRU's internal inventory. Maybe there aren't any more Prime FE toys in TRU's distribution chain waiting for someone to get around to resetting post-Christmas. It's possible. But Hasbro has no way of knowing anything other than "are we taking more orders for Prime FE for anyone", which they're not.

#30 Omega-Tron

Omega-Tron
  • Citizen
  • 1089 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

Personally, I'm a completist for some lines (like Classics and Human Alliance). When figures don't make it to mass release then I get bummed out...but not so bummed out that I want to pay $60 for a $30 toy online. My issue with buying online these days for anything but Japanese figures is that FAAAAR too often the figures have two left feet or something like that and I don't want to hassle online returns.

It's cases like these that have made it increasingly easier for me to stop collecting...that and I've found new hobbies that I enjoy more now. lol

Edited by Omega-Tron, 26 January 2012 - 01:52 PM.

Omega-Tron

#31 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(LV! @ Jan 26 2012, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hasbro never even says that TRU is sold out of them in its message. How could they? They don't know TRU's internal inventory. Maybe there aren't any more Prime FE toys in TRU's distribution chain waiting for someone to get around to resetting post-Christmas. It's possible. But Hasbro has no way of knowing anything other than "are we taking more orders for Prime FE for anyone", which they're not.

While its true, Hasbro has no way of knowing TRUs internal inventory, they would know where their cases shipped (Canada or America). Besides webstores seemingly not getting any of the voyagers, the fact that the voyagers are up on canadian tru's website, but not the US website is further cause for concern that this isn't a case of "they just haven't put them out yet." I hope I'm wrong though, FE Cliffjumper and Bulkhead look so good. If they don't show up anywhere by the end of April, they'll be going for a premium at Botcon if anyone has them or the Takara versions. I wonder if we'll see a Weaponizer version of Bulkhead at Toyfair?

#32 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

There go I, but for my face.

• Forum Moderator
  • 20024 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Looks like people acted on this news quickly. I had a Takara Prime FE Cliffjumper in my BBTS cart yesterday, but as of this morning they're sold out. I went ahead and ordered from TFSource, who still has them in stock for the same price, but I'll pay more in shipping. Sigh.

That and FE Voyager Optimus are the only Prime toys I want out of what we've seen so far, so I hope BBTS eventually gets their Voyager shipment so I can get Optimus too. If not, I'll live, but I really didn't want to miss Cliffjumper.

#33 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Guided by the wind

• Citizen
  • 2137 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

So... EBay exclusive or Ross exclusive? icon-screamer.gif

Also, does this mean that we won't be seeing another release of the Entertainment Pack anytime soon? You'd think they'd try and get that pack out before Prime's first season ended...

Edited by Demovere Xeno, 26 January 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#34 ExVee

ExVee

Unmentionable

• Supporter
  • 7964 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

All I see in Hasbro's response is they do not plan to make any additional figures under the First Edition branding. I don't see this as at all referring to the availability of the toys that have been produced.

@exveebrawn | @FigureReviewers

Sentai and Tokusatsu podcast!
Superhero Time - Here We Go!
@Superhero_Time

The Original Transformers Internet Radio Show
Radio Free Cybertron

#35 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34096 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(LV! @ Jan 26 2012, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correct. But it would seem to imply that Hasbro is no longer producing/shipping them. So whatever is in TRU's inventory is it. Could be none, could be buttloads.

But whenever that is gone, there won't be any more.

#36 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

I still have one other TRU in the region I can check, but the results of late have been discouraging.

I mostly am annoyed because I wanted the FE CJ, who is distinctly awesome compared to his RiD counterpart. I assume Arcee and Screamer will be fairly similar when they see an RiD release. Couldn't care less about BB.
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#37 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23565 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

Seems awfully weird to imagine Hasbro not filling their orders with BBTS, on toys that were actually in production and shipped out to some North American vendors. I just bit the bullet and put in some preorders there. The prices don't seem terribly higher and you don't have to hunt, but I'll have the hassle of some extras to unload.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#38 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(Vestras @ Jan 26 2012, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still have one other TRU in the region I can check, but the results of late have been discouraging.

I mostly am annoyed because I wanted the FE CJ, who is distinctly awesome compared to his RiD counterpart. I assume Arcee and Screamer will be fairly similar when they see an RiD release. Couldn't care less about BB.

I agree, FE Cliffjumper is much better then his RiD incarnation. The other one I am worried about is Bulkhead. We haven't heard anything about a new Bulkhead, but...Toy Fair is coming up.

#39 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Yay...

• Retired Staff
  • 17525 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

Transformers Prime is already becoming Animated 2.0. icon-screamer.gif icon-screamer.gif icon-screamer.gif

DAMN YOU HASBRO

#40 CORVUS

CORVUS

It's always sunny in Heliopolis!

• Supporter
  • 28795 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(Robogeek1973 @ Jan 26 2012, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Engledogg @ Jan 26 2012, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MIKE
engledogg

I remain optimistic, I have no other choice. icon-fire.gif

However the fact that no other U.S online retailer has gotten any either is really making optimism hard.

This, right here. I pre-ordered Voyager Optimus when he was initially offered, largely because I tend to strike out when hunting for toys, and BBTS has been a pretty sure bet. So at this point, I'm getting kind of ticked, but reserving my griping to see what actually transpires.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users