Transformers Prime First Edition

642 replies to this topic

#561 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4729 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hasbro just proved me wrong. Doesn't sound like the FE's are anywhere on the horizon for the USDM.

Just got PRiD CJ, now I really want FE CJ. At least the Tailgate redeco might look fairly different.

Edited by Nanite, 11 February 2012 - 06:05 PM.

On them twitters

#562 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

I don't like the color...

• Supporter
  • 3231 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(RCX @ Feb 11 2012, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Feb 11 2012, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welp. I went ahead and overpaid for Japanese Bulkhead. He IS very pretty, so I'm okay with it. Still hoping someone will be able to pick me up a Prime.

Got a look at PRiD Bulkie, didn'tcha?

He's not so good, is he? I haven't seen the pictures yet, and now I'm almost afraid to look...

Anyway, I just got Wheeljack in... this thing is so many layers of awesomeness wrapped into one. My favorite of the line, so far. That includes the FE figures, but I don't have the Takara Cliffjumper or Bulkhead in yet, so that may yet change. I just love the way he transforms! And the fact that he doesn't seem to have any fake bits going on... as far as I can tell everything folds out like it should, no fake wheels, no second windshields... well, there's the little black bit on his chest, but it's so minor, I hardly count it.

0n39.png

#563 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32085 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Feb 11 2012, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(RCX @ Feb 11 2012, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Feb 11 2012, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welp. I went ahead and overpaid for Japanese Bulkhead. He IS very pretty, so I'm okay with it. Still hoping someone will be able to pick me up a Prime.

Got a look at PRiD Bulkie, didn'tcha?

He's not so good, is he? I haven't seen the pictures yet, and now I'm almost afraid to look...

He doesn't look like total jive, but he's way less nice looking than the glorious FE.

#564 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4729 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:54 AM

Impressions from the toyfair floor sound like the prime toyline as a whole is heading for the backburner. The fourty Generations figs next year seems to support this.

I do not understand what is going on, and will again state, this is going to be an interesting botcon.
On them twitters

#565 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4485 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Meh. I got my FE Arcee today (she'd been in my pile of loot for ages at BBTS and I shipped her after I decided I'd look for FE CJ and BH else where) and guess what? She's misassembled! icon-megs.gif

The pinned part of her front wheel assemblage has been put on backwards; she can transform and stuff alright, it just prevents her handle bars and wheel kibble from going as low as it should be and is hugging annoying considering I can't replace her.
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#566 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23551 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(Liege @ Feb 13 2012, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meh. I got my FE Arcee today (she'd been in my pile of loot for ages at BBTS and I shipped her after I decided I'd look for FE CJ and BH else where) and guess what? She's misassembled! icon-megs.gif

The pinned part of her front wheel assemblage has been put on backwards; she can transform and stuff alright, it just prevents her handle bars and wheel kibble from going as low as it should be and is hugging annoying considering I can't replace her.

One of mine was like that. Nothing that some hot water, a tiny hammer and screwdriver, and a block of wood can't fix. Just heat it up, knock out the pin, and reassemble it correctly.

It's a good idea overall to be able to do small fixes like that. icon-op.gif
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#567 radicaldeth

radicaldeth
  • Citizen
  • 303 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Well for those that have heard the chatter at Toyfair would it be a good idea to do Takara pre-orders...like NOW? I've made few orders already but skipped on Breakdown and Starscream. though I'm a little paranoid after not ordering the Soundwaves and seeing how well that turned out.

Eee, sorry to hear about Arcee.

#568 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4696 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

I have never had that good of luck with taking pins out of real Hasbro Transformers. It's annoying because I would really like to be able to rearrange the struts on Cybertron Ransack.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#569 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23551 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(gargunkle @ Feb 13 2012, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never had that good of luck with taking pins out of real Hasbro Transformers. It's annoying because I would really like to be able to rearrange the struts on Cybertron Ransack.

That one is pretty beginner-level. I just recently fixed mine after getting comfortable with working with pins in the past couple years, and not having had Ransack out for awhile. Just have to let it sit in the hot water for maybe 20 seconds, and then be able to tell which direction to hammer from to hit the rough end of the pin out first. Certain pins are much harder than others due to the position in the toy working against you, or what kind of pin they actually are though.

Anyway, not to drag the thread too far off-topic. How about that First Edition fiasco, are those not coming out? Can someone catch me up? icon-fire.gif
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#570 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4485 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Yeah, I don't want risk it, last time I tried to correct a pin it didn't go so well icon-wildride.gif . I'd normally be up for trying it again but it would be hard to replace her if I did screw it up.

She's a cool looking figure though, really makes me want to find FE Cliff for her.

Edited by Liege, 13 February 2012 - 05:41 PM.

QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#571 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

• Supporter
  • 3231 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

Got Takara FE Cliffjumper and Bulkhead in from BBTS. They're pretty awesome... although the metallic color on Bulkhead is a bit... off-putting. I almost like the flat color on the Hasbro version better... but for the prices they're going, I was actually better off getting the Japanese release.

Although... strangely my FE Cliffjumper did not come with the advertized display base and appeared to have been resealed. Not that I care, the figure was complete an undamaged and the instructions were all there and everything, but it was just an odd thing none the less.

Also: Is it normal for the Japanese TF's to have English packaging with localized stickers covering the legal information? The few times I've gotten Japanese Transformers, they had unique packaging...

Edit: I mean 'undamaged' not 'unopened' oops.

Edited by The Doctor Who, 13 February 2012 - 07:05 PM.

0n39.png

#572 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

There go I, but for my face.

• Forum Moderator
  • 19879 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Feb 13 2012, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although... strangely my FE Cliffjumper did not come with the advertized display base and appeared to have been resealed. Not that I care, the figure was intact an unopened and the instructions were all there and everything, but it was just an odd thing none the less.

Yeah, I wondered about that too. It says "Includes Display Stand!" (or similar) on the outside of the package, but inside there's no mention of it. I was expecting some instructions on how to cut and fold the box to make a crappy platform or something.

#573 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

• Supporter
  • 3231 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Feb 13 2012, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Feb 13 2012, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although... strangely my FE Cliffjumper did not come with the advertized display base and appeared to have been resealed. Not that I care, the figure was intact an unopened and the instructions were all there and everything, but it was just an odd thing none the less.

Yeah, I wondered about that too. It says "Includes Display Stand!" (or similar) on the outside of the package, but inside there's no mention of it. I was expecting some instructions on how to cut and fold the box to make a crappy platform or something.

Huh... did yours have extra tape applied to the back as well? Mine had obviously been taped up on the back. I wonder if the displays were removed for some reason. Usually they're these sort of silly little cardboard boxes that are stored in the bottom of the package. You could even see where it would have been.

0n39.png

#574 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 33765 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

The display stand is the bottom of the packaging. If you're missing it, you're missing half of the package.

#575 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

There go I, but for my face.

• Forum Moderator
  • 19879 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Feb 13 2012, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The display stand is the bottom of the packaging.

How so?

#576 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 33765 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Feb 13 2012, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(NightViper @ Feb 13 2012, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The display stand is the bottom of the packaging.

How so?

The cardboard "box" with "Transformers Prime" printed across it. The thing that fills half the window of the packaging.

You just kinda balance the figure on that.

http://a8.sphotos.ak...1_4195259_n.jpg

#577 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

• Supporter
  • 3231 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Feb 13 2012, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The display stand is the bottom of the packaging. If you're missing it, you're missing half of the package.

I bought three FE figures so far. Prime, Cliffjumper and Bulkhead. Both Bulkhead and Prime came with these little cardboard box things with 'Transformers Prime' on it and some other decoration. They were stuck in the bottom of the packaging, under the figure. Cliffjumper, on the other hand, had nothing under the figure except a huge empty space and a lot of extra tape on the back of the package, like he had been opened and then resealed.

The figure itself was in perfect shape... except, now to think about it, he had those plastic and wire twist-ties, not the paper ones that seem to have taken their place.

Bulkhead and Prime both had the paper ties and no extra tape. Evidence suggests that someone opened Cliffy and took out his display base. Again, not that I care... these guys sit on my shelves and I wasn't exactly looking forward to the display or anything. It's just odd.

The thing that fills half the window of the packaging.

Except for the front insert on the package. If my packaging weren't already in a tied up trash bag I'd take pictures to illustrate. Suffice to say I couldn't tell from the outside that there wasn't anything inside.

*blinks*

*puts two and two together and rummages through the trash*

You know... they had these things already assembled in the Voyager ones... XD

Oh wow... that... that's facepalm territory there...

Edit: Or no, no that wasn't what I thought it was... ok, so I was right, it's not there.

Edited by The Doctor Who, 13 February 2012 - 07:42 PM.

0n39.png

#578 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 47814 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(Jeremy @ Feb 13 2012, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, not to drag the thread too far off-topic. How about that First Edition fiasco, are those not coming out? Can someone catch me up? icon-fire.gif

Hasbro said they're really going to try to get them released in America in late 2012. Take that as you will.

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Feb 13 2012, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got Takara FE Cliffjumper and Bulkhead in from BBTS. They're pretty awesome... although the metallic color on Bulkhead is a bit... off-putting. I almost like the flat color on the Hasbro version better... but for the prices they're going, I was actually better off getting the Japanese release.

Although... strangely my FE Cliffjumper did not come with the advertized display base and appeared to have been resealed. Not that I care, the figure was complete an undamaged and the instructions were all there and everything, but it was just an odd thing none the less.

Also: Is it normal for the Japanese TF's to have English packaging with localized stickers covering the legal information? The few times I've gotten Japanese Transformers, they had unique packaging...

Edit: I mean 'undamaged' not 'unopened' oops.

The First Edition Prime figures have the same packaging as their Hasbro counterparts due. Except they have some extra stickers covering some of the Hub labels and Japanese information on the bubble. They use the old plastic twisties and the bubbles are taped on all sides rather than glued in some areas.

Also the Deluxes (not the Voyagers) don't have the cardboard display stands the Hasbro ones do. Even though the package mentions them (my Cliffjumper and Vehicon didn't).

Randy

#579 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 33765 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Feb 13 2012, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know... they had these things already assembled in the Voyager ones... XD

They're assembled for the Deluxe as well. Pretty much exactly the same set up as the Voyagers.

It's just cardboard filler.

#580 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

• Supporter
  • 3231 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 13 2012, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The First Edition Prime figures have the same packaging as their Hasbro counterparts due. Except they have some extra stickers covering some of the Hub labels and Japanese information on the bubble. They use the old plastic twisties and the bubbles are taped on all sides rather than glued in some areas.

Also the Deluxes (not the Voyagers) don't have the cardboard display stands the Hasbro ones do. Even though the package mentions them (my Cliffjumper and Vehicon didn't).

Randy

Ah, ok, so this is a known thing. Seemed really weird for a bit there.

Odd that they should leave the display boxes out of the deluxe figures, though.

0n39.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users