• Citizen
  • 1848 posts
  • Location:Mt. Vernon, VA Home: Long Island, NY Previous: Tampa, FL
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE(Bleargh001 @ Feb 6 2012, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OhcrapIamsostupid.

I messed up and forgot a word in that last questioning post. I meant to ask:

So the RiD Cyberverse Legion Cliffjumper (who is the best version of Prime CLiffjumper, IMO) says "Series 2" on the packaging. I thought he was in the first wave and all that.

Sorry about that. Anyway, what was Series 1 of the Cyberverse Legion Class?

Like I said earlier, DOTM Cyberverse is series 1.
xvpu.jpg
Looking for; 2005 Botcon Ratchet, Junker Classics Optimus Prime (for parts)

#462 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 32005 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

Is regular FE Cliffjumper in car mode and Zombie in robot mode in their packaging?

Edit - Oh, also are all the Japanese versions from RID?

Edited by Axaday, 06 February 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#463 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle

Brick guy

• Citizen
  • 4666 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 6 2012, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got my TakaraTomy FE Vehicon and Cliffjumper today. They're pretty nice, CJ especially (who is a pain, well both of them are, to transform). Also the Vehicon was very mistransformed in his packaging.

Randy

I keep reading that about FE Cliffjumper, but I don't get it. Apart from the minor but brief terror of forcing the back of the car together when the tabs are made of clear plastic, what's so tough about the guy? He seems entirely straightforward.

(And while you're looking at differences, note that TakaraTomy FE Cliffjumper's robot-head horns have been blunted versus the pointier Hasbro ones. Go fig.)

Ax - All the current toys out in Japan are the FE molds. RiD will be the next set, with the lower price and Mini-Cons and etc. Nobody has released Terrorcon Cliffjumper yet.

Edited by SwiftEagle, 07 February 2012 - 12:05 AM.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#464 Magick

Magick

Autobot Rainbow Brigade

• Citizen
  • 2559 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE(Axaday @ Feb 6 2012, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is regular FE Cliffjumper in car mode and Zombie in robot mode in their packaging?

Edit - Oh, also are all the Japanese versions from RID?

They are if their number starts with "AM-". AM-03 is Takara RID Cliffjumper.
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

#465 Magick

Magick

Autobot Rainbow Brigade

• Citizen
  • 2559 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ Feb 7 2012, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(And while you're looking at differences, note that TakaraTomy FE Cliffjumper's robot-head horns have been blunted versus the pointier Hasbro ones. Go fig.)

Are you serious? Have we entired some backward parallel dimesion? That actually annoys me. I wonder why Takara would choose to do that now? Unless the factory switched the First Editions on them. icon-fire.gif

EDIT: Correct quote reference so that my comments makes sense.

Edited by Magick, 07 February 2012 - 11:36 AM.

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

#466 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle

Brick guy

• Citizen
  • 4666 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

I don't entirely understand. Which bit seems backwards? Just like here (sort of), Takara released the FEs first and the RiD molds second...except for ZombieCliff, who's coming out in the later assortment there and seemingly not at all here.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#467 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48051 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

TakaraTomy probably thought it too early to release Zombie Cliffjumper in the First Edition wave they release (it was just one wave for them). Either that or they wanted to hold off on the spoiler for the younger kids until later.

Randy

#468 Magick

Magick

Autobot Rainbow Brigade

• Citizen
  • 2559 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Sorry for the confusion. I kept the wrong quote in my reply. I was referring to Takara's version having the neutered horns instead of Hasbro.

#469 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 9248 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(Magick @ Feb 7 2012, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for the confusion. I kept the wrong quote in my reply. I was referring to Takara's version having the neutered horns instead of Hasbro.

It's unusual, but not unprecedented. Takara's God Ginrai had "neutered" smokestacks while Hasbro's Powermaster Prime still had longer ones.
TransformingSeminarian.2.gif
Curator of The Unofficial Convention and Club Exclusive data pages (now with a new URL thanks to Captured Prey).

#470 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48051 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

Just recently United Thunderwing has very soft spikes/cannons on his shoulders that Generations Thunderwing and Sky Shadow do not.

Randy

#471 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 5883 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

I caved on Takara Arcee, Starscream and Cliffjumper. I just can't like the RID molds on those better.

#472 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4748 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

I can see liking the TT one better for sure, but for my perspective, I can't see paying 2-4x the cost for it.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#473 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48051 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

Be careful of Cliffjumper's things that flip down below his headlights, I didn't realize they existed and snapped one off trying to cram his legs into car mode.

This is with the presumably more detailed TakaraTomy instructions too.

Randy

#474 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 5883 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

Well, First Edition never hit in this area, and my preorder with BBTS was for the 1.5 wave, and thus got changed to RID.

#475 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2424 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 7 2012, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Be careful of Cliffjumper's things that flip down below his headlights, I didn't realize they existed and snapped one off trying to cram his legs into car mode.

This is with the presumably more detailed TakaraTomy instructions too.

Randy

Ouch. My TT FE Cliffy just went in my BBTS pile of loot. He, Bulk, and the Vehicon are on their way to me!
Also, there is a new pre-order for the Arms Microns (a set of 10, 4 models).

http://www.bigbadtoy...amp;mode=retail
"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#476 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48051 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Yeah it was the TakaraTomy one. The instructions didn't point out (at least I hadn't noticed) flipping that section out, and how his legs were supposed to fold at the knees to fit inside the car.

Randy

#477 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 32005 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ Feb 6 2012, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ax - All the current toys out in Japan are the FE molds. RiD will be the next set, with the lower price and Mini-Cons and etc. Nobody has released Terrorcon Cliffjumper yet.

Ok, why do I see Cliffjumper packaged in either mode on blue cards?

#478 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

There go I, but for my face.

• Forum Moderator
  • 19945 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 7 2012, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it was the TakaraTomy one. The instructions didn't point out (at least I hadn't noticed) flipping that section out, and how his legs were supposed to fold at the knees to fit inside the car.

Randy

Yeah, the Takara instructions were terrible. I'm still not convinced I'm doing it right--the car's sides still bulge out way more easily than it seems they should--but trying to figure out how to get that toy from robot to car the first time using those instructions was just hopeless. There were clearly notes pointing out important non-pictured steps, but, well, I don't speak Japanese.

I think the Hasbro version, packaged as a car, would be much easier to deal with.

#479 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48051 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(Axaday @ Feb 7 2012, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ Feb 6 2012, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, why do I see Cliffjumper packaged in either mode on blue cards?

Car Mode = Hasbro
Robot Mode = TakaraTomy

The Cliffjumper released by TakaraTomy is the First Edition version.

QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Feb 7 2012, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 7 2012, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Randy

Yeah, the Takara instructions were terrible. I'm still not convinced I'm doing it right--the car's sides still bulge out way more easily than it seems they should--but trying to figure out how to get that toy from robot to car the first time using those instructions was just hopeless. There were clearly notes pointing out important non-pictured steps, but, well, I don't speak Japanese.

I think the Hasbro version, packaged as a car, would be much easier to deal with.

Did you fold the black parts of his legs down (the knees), as they fold down and to the side sort of like the below when transforming him?

Wrong
Cliff_Legs_Wrong.jpg

Right
Cliff_Legs.png

Or a approximation of the above.

Randy

#480 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 33870 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(Hasbro)
TRANSFORMERS fans,

As we greatly value our TRANSFORMERS fans and consumers, we appreciate the opportunity to clarify and explain the current situation with TRANSFORMERS PRIME First Edition figure availability in the U.S.

We very much apologize for the miscommunication with our great retailers in the U.S. Regrettably, as a result, the TRANSFORMERS PRIME First Edition Wave 2 Deluxe, Wave 1 Voyager and Entertainment Pack figures were posted for pre-sale in error. Final product was not produced for these figures to ship within the U.S. As such, any consumer who placed a pre-sale order with Big Bad Toy Store or Entertainment Earth in the U.S. received a note that their order had been cancelled and these orders will not be fulfilled. While it is common for Hasbro to cancel production and/or shipment of collectible figures prior to being listed for pre-sale, this particular situation was unique. We deeply regret this circumstance and understand your frustration.

We would also like to express that we hear the fan community in the U.S. loud and clear ? you want these specific TRANSFORMERS PRIME First Edition figures. While we can?t confirm anything at this time, and the format in which these figures are packaged and distributed may change, the team is looking into ways to make these available at a later date in the U.S. and will keep the fan community and our retailers posted as opportunities develop. We want to make this right, and making these figures available to the U.S. fans is a top priority for the team. We greatly appreciate your understanding and ongoing enthusiasm for the brand and hope in the mean time, you enjoy the TRANSFORMERS PRIME figures that are hitting shelves now and in the coming weeks.

Regards,

The TRANSFORMERS Team

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users