16 replies to this topic

#1 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

I'm tacky and I know it

• Citizen
  • 2611 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

You wouldn't believe it but I bought a Sonicron at a really good discounted price and all his joints were tight and he stood up really well ;p :lol:

Nah he was just as I expected; loose hips and all. But I do really like this design and felt bad for the poor little guy so I did what I was joking about and made him a crutch. Yup a crutch and you know what it really helps :lol:

So I now give to you Tiny Wave:

Then my wife who thought the idea was hilarious gave me this Idea

As Tiny Wave says "Primus Bless us everyone"

Edited by orionpax44, 19 January 2012 - 05:39 PM.

that whole "when I became a man i put away childish things." ... deal

and to that I say, yeah they're away up there on that shelf

#2 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 33555 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

In the first image, it looks like someone is making a Valentine's Day card for him. icon-fire.gif

#3 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

I'm tacky and I know it

• Citizen
  • 2611 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Jan 19 2012, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the first image, it looks like someone is making a Valentine's Day card for him. icon-fire.gif

icon-fire.gif Thats my wife making animal masks for my boys movie we were making. She was clear for all the other shots I took and this one ended up being the best one. Go figure.

#4 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 19773 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

I honestly expected this to be about an actual third-party (fourth-party?) upgrade for Sonicron that gave him a bunch of add-on missile boxes for no good reason or something.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#5 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

I'm tacky and I know it

• Citizen
  • 2611 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Jan 19 2012, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I honestly expected this to be about an actual third-party (fourth-party?) upgrade for Sonicron that gave him a bunch of add-on missile boxes for no good reason or something.

Nah this is an upgrade that he really needs.

I did hear about the black version of him and supposedly all the quality issues are resolved.

#6 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

I just fixed the loose hips on my Sonicron. I pulled him off the shelf to apply a faction sticker to his chest, and when I went to put him back he wouldn't stand properly without having to tip his torso back slightly. Otherwise his torso would fall forward. So I pulled apart the hips and went to work.

It's pretty easy, really. Dissassemble each hip by just a single screw on the back of each. You'll have a front part that has the FF or Rewind triangle on it, there's a half circle for the hip joint to channel through this part. The back part is a completely flat piece.

I applied a thin coating of super glue(don't have any nail polish) to the inside of the half-circle because that's where the friction is needed, let it harden, then put the hips back together. Viola! Also did something similar to the upper right arm swivel which was also much too loose.

I wish I could figure out what to do about the left leg when going to alt mode. I can never get the lateral part of the leg to collapse completely and hold, so there's always a slight gap when viewing that section from above. I know what part is the culprit, but I can't figure out what part of it I need to shave or add to.

#7 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

I'm tacky and I know it

• Citizen
  • 2611 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

In the alt mode I know what you mean my legs don't collapse flush either but close enough. My biggest issue was the left arm and leg slots needed some trimminging. but after that it went together nicely and I really cant stop playing with him. I wanna make his crutch collapsable so maybe it will fit in his chest icon-fire.gif
If I get brave enough I may take his legs apart but till then I am very happing with him

Thanks for the tips

#8 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3692 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

Personally, I would recommend an outline symbol from Reprolabels. True, the downside is that you need to buy $20 worth of stuff, in order to get them, but it looked the best of the stickers I've tried.

Admittedly, I thought this was going to be a post about Tremor & Frequency. Since both are out now.

Edited by Kevin S, 19 January 2012 - 05:33 PM.

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#9 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

I'm tacky and I know it

• Citizen
  • 2611 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

Tremor and Frequency really dont do anything for me. Now the Ratbat and Ravage ones if they release them for me are a deff buy

I kinda feel bad bout everybody getting misled by the name but so Im gonna change it

#10 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3692 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Alpha Omega Trion Supreme @ Jan 19 2012, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish I could figure out what to do about the left leg when going to alt mode. I can never get the lateral part of the leg to collapse completely and hold, so there's always a slight gap when viewing that section from above. I know what part is the culprit, but I can't figure out what part of it I need to shave or add to.

Just by off hand chance, you know about that the heels have to be rotated inward, in the transformation? As I recall, that part isn't in the included instructions (too lazy to go looking), but until I figured this out, I had the same problem.

(Just had time to check instructions, confirmed that heel rotation isn't depicted.)

Kevin

Edited by Kevin S, 19 January 2012 - 05:59 PM.

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#11 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jan 19 2012, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the alt mode I know what you mean my legs don't collapse flush either but close enough. My biggest issue was the left arm and leg slots needed some trimminging. but after that it went together nicely and I really cant stop playing with him. I wanna make his crutch collapsable so maybe it will fit in his chest icon-fire.gif
If I get brave enough I may take his legs apart but till then I am very happing with him

Thanks for the tips

I had to trim the left arm pegs a bit so they'd slide properly into the slots on the torso when going to alt mode too.

There's no screws holding the lateral leg panels in place. They pop off pretty easy, just don't force it. If you remove the speakers on the legs, you'll see the two slats(?) that are holding the lateral leg panel on. One's towards the front of the leg, the other towards the back. The problem slat(on mine at least) is the one towards the front of the leg. It's an interesting system they have, which I assume only works when the part is perfectly molded, which on my left leg it clearly is not.

And I'll doubly recommend Kevin S's outline symbol suggestion. icon-ironhide.gif Although being that the inside of the tape deck is silver, I'm having trouble taking a good pic that really shows it off.

Attached Thumbnails

• CIMG3645.JPG

#12 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(Kevin S @ Jan 19 2012, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just by off hand chance, you know about that the heels have to be rotated inward, in the transformation? As I recall, that part isn't in the included instructions (too lazy to go looking), but until I figured this out, I had the same problem.

Kevin

It's not the heels. The heels are part of what helps the leg panels pop out and lock in place making for the fuller leg in bot mode. My problem is when going to alt mode. Like I said, I know the exact piece that's the problem The right leg has no problem. It's just that one slat and notch system on the left front leg.

#13 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3692 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(Alpha Omega Trion Supreme @ Jan 19 2012, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'll doubly recommend Kevin S's outline symbol suggestion. icon-ironhide.gif Although being that the inside of the tape deck is silver, I'm having trouble taking a good pic that really shows it off.

Yeah, looks great in person, but refuses to appear in photos.

Thus far, this is the best photo I've managed & it doesn't convey what the thing looks like in person. Maybe I just need a better camera.

best_copy.jpg

Edited by Kevin S, 19 January 2012 - 06:32 PM.

My FlickR folder...

#14 Might Gaine

Might Gaine

ARMS UP!! \(^_^)/

• Retired Staff
  • 12791 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

nice custom upgrade icon-fire.gif
(,>.<, ) ....******

#15 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(Kevin S @ Jan 19 2012, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Alpha Omega Trion Supreme @ Jan 19 2012, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, looks great in person, but refuses to appear in photos.

Thus far, this is the best photo I've managed & it doesn't convey what the thing looks like in person. Maybe I just need a better camera.

best_copy.jpg

Better than my attempt, but like you said, doesn't give the same fantastic impression when you see it in person.

#16 CORVUS

CORVUS

Its showtime, folks!

• Supporter
  • 28427 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

Nicely done, and very amusing icon-hotrod.gif

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#17 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

I'm tacky and I know it

• Citizen
  • 2611 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(Kevin S @ Jan 19 2012, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(Just had time to check instructions, confirmed that heel rotation isn't depicted.)

Kevin

I took the legs apart last night and trimmed the square cage that has the the locking tabs. When I put him back together everything lined up so much better and when in alt mode the gap is gone. You don't have to take much off just a little.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users