Entertainment Earth

Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Touch My Thighs : (24 May 2016 - 05:00 AM)

No need to ban him, just remove his ability to post new topics. Problem solved.

@  Msol : (24 May 2016 - 01:01 AM)

So what's the over/under for when beetleman is banned?

@  Telly : (24 May 2016 - 12:26 AM)

is the christmas/holiday special in the latest mtmte trade? or atleast mtmte's segment of that comic

@  Plokatron : (23 May 2016 - 11:09 PM)

Robotic warriors give it their all! Fighting disguised till the victor stands tall!

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2016 - 05:12 PM)

He tried to introduce himself once, but then he was compelled to kidnap himself and nobody's seen him since.

@  Paladin : (23 May 2016 - 04:53 PM)

wait, what about Candlejac

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2016 - 04:45 PM)

All legends are true, except for the ones that aren't.

@  Foffy the Sheep : (23 May 2016 - 04:39 PM)

The Nightitme Secret Aardvark exists?! I though it was just a legend!

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2016 - 04:28 PM)

Well, maybe. That depends on you, really. What you do behind closed doors is none of my business. I'm not the NSA.

@  Foffy the Sheep : (23 May 2016 - 04:24 PM)

Your nights shall be completely shame-free, however.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2016 - 04:16 PM)

Nope. You will bear the shame of this for all of your days.

@  Telly : (23 May 2016 - 04:00 PM)

can i delete this shout?

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2016 - 02:58 PM)

..goes on forever, forever, forever my...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 May 2016 - 12:58 AM)

And a partridge in the song that doesn't end, yes it...

@  Paladin : (22 May 2016 - 06:52 PM)

just as Killamanjaro rises above the Serenghetti....

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2016 - 05:41 PM)

Stayin' alive! Stayin' alive!

@  Locoman : (22 May 2016 - 05:21 PM)

Everybody walk the dinosaur!

@  Bass X0 : (22 May 2016 - 05:14 PM)

Bombin' the floor! Bombin' the floor!

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 May 2016 - 04:59 PM)

Breakin the law, breakin the law! :::air guitars:::

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2016 - 04:09 PM)

I'm watching plenty of TV, but I'm doing it all through the internet.

@  tffan01 : (22 May 2016 - 03:38 PM)

no.

@  Bass X0 : (22 May 2016 - 03:03 PM)

is anyone watching more web original shows and streamed TV shows than actual TV channels?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2016 - 10:49 AM)

I wanted to charge my book, but couldn't cause my brother was charging his cigarette... the future is stupid.

@  Pennpenn : (22 May 2016 - 09:05 AM)

I hate that situation where you spend ages to find something, then realize it isn't charged, but you can't find the charging cable.

@  Locoman : (22 May 2016 - 09:00 AM)

Only cartoons I keep up with are RID2015, Rescue Bots, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Rick & Morty

@  Locoman : (22 May 2016 - 08:59 AM)

no, I don't really watch cartoons on tv no more

@  tffan01 : (22 May 2016 - 03:54 AM)

@Locoman, have you watched the cartoon I was talking about (Supernoobs) though?

@  Telly : (21 May 2016 - 10:34 PM)

"Chaos is bad for business, y'see." depends on the kind of business youre in...

@  Foffy the Sheep : (21 May 2016 - 09:34 PM)

Unless we're talking about the guy from Hunger Games, President Snow. He has feet.

@  Foffy the Sheep : (21 May 2016 - 09:33 PM)

Snow doesn't have feet. It's just piles of frozen water.

@  Locoman : (21 May 2016 - 09:29 PM)

you wish, bud. let's see those bastards operate under six feet of snow

@  Foffy the Sheep : (21 May 2016 - 09:28 PM)

What I got out of that was that Canada really wants to have a plague of locusts unleashed upon them.

@  Locoman : (21 May 2016 - 09:25 PM)

y'see, under canadian law all broadcasting corporations operate under a mandate that at least 40% of the content they broadcast must be Canadian content. Naturally, this applies to kid's cartoon channels as well, which is a fairly niche market these days. So animators slap together very cheaply animated flash cartoons and air them in the daytime hours to fill the quota. Hence endless reruns of Johnny Test, Almost Naked Animals, etc.

@  Patchouli Kn... : (21 May 2016 - 09:25 PM)

Chaos is bad for business, y'see.

@  Foffy the Sheep : (21 May 2016 - 09:17 PM)

You're a criminal mastermind. Shouldn't you want to wreak havoc?

@  Patchouli Kn... : (21 May 2016 - 09:16 PM)

You really want to be responsible for the creation of giant radioactive moose?

@  Foffy the Sheep : (21 May 2016 - 09:13 PM)

Well, I didn't wanna have to do this, but it looks like we have to nuke Canada.

@  Foffy the Sheep : (21 May 2016 - 09:12 PM)

Johnny Test isn't even the worst of it? Mother of God...

@  Locoman : (21 May 2016 - 09:04 PM)

But in Canada, Johnny Test is just one of many terrible flash cartoons. It's not even the worst one.

@  ShadowMan024 : (21 May 2016 - 08:49 PM)

Pft. Cartoon Network aired Johnny Test TEN times a day for a loooooong time.

@  The Doctor Who : (21 May 2016 - 08:01 PM)

Mayhem Hangouts is Go! I repeat the loonies are converging on Google! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

@  Foffy the Sheep : (21 May 2016 - 07:52 PM)

My condolences. It's always sad to hear of the death of a loved one...or someone's sanity.

@  Locoman : (21 May 2016 - 07:44 PM)

Back in the days when I watched TFP on TV, they sometimes aired it six or seven times a day.

@  Locoman : (21 May 2016 - 07:44 PM)

You don't know the pain of Johnny Test until you live in Canada.

@  tffan01 : (21 May 2016 - 07:36 PM)

Anyone watched the piece of shit called the Supernoobs on Cartoon Network? It somehow managed to be worse than Johnny Test or Uncle Grandpa. It's jokes are cliche, the show is boring with stereotypical characters.

@  Confuzor : (21 May 2016 - 06:59 PM)

No euphemism. Just old farts doing stuff they shouldn't.

@  Paladin : (21 May 2016 - 06:54 PM)

unless "bounce house" is a euphemism for somethign else....

@  Confuzor : (21 May 2016 - 06:14 PM)

30 year old bodies were not meant for Bounce Houses. Oof.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2016 - 04:31 PM)

Shouldn't Sideshow be a different article?

@  ShadowMan024 : (21 May 2016 - 04:19 PM)

That's just my opinion, if you want a better viewpoint, go ask in the TFWiki thread.

Photo

Phil's review of TFPrime First Edition Bumblebee

6 replies to this topic

#1 Philister

Philister

Teutonicons Rising!

• Citizen
  • 1292 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

For more pics, click on the image above

Robot Mode: There is very little doubt where the inspiration for this robot comes from. Prime BB is very similar in look to the various Movie Bumblebees, from the angled car hood as chest to the rear of the car as feet. Now if you?re sick to death of seeing yet another variation of Movie BB, welcome to the club, but in this case there are, in fact, some changes that make this new BB bearable. Overall the look, while clearly Movie-inspired, also has some of the softer Animated-styling as well. The head isn?t quite as bug-eyed. Some other subtle differences elevate this robot mode above being yet another Movie BB.

Getting BB into robot mode requires a somewhat complex, yet short of complicated transformation. Again, similarities to the way most Movie BBs transformed, but enough differences to inspire some new interest. Side note: The instruction sheet and the back of the package disagree on how exactly BB?s upper body is supposed to look. The back of the package forgoes setting the chest pieces at an angle, while the instructions neglect flipping the shoulders out sideways. For the completely screen-accurate look, though, you need to do both.

Speaking of screen accuracy, that?s pretty good. Just about the only thing worth mentioning is that on-screen BB carries blasters on both arms, while toy BB has just the one. Apparently the ?normal? (meaning not-First Edition) Prime BB will have two guns, so if that is important to you, you might want to wait for that one. Otherwise, though, the robot is spot-on as far as resemblance to the cartoon character goes. No complaints.

Finally, articulation. Bumblebee is as agile as you?d expect from a modern-day Transformers figure, including a twisting hip. The arrangement of the shoulders takes a moment to get used to, but it doesn?t hinder him in any way. The big feet make for a stable platform, so outrageous poses and kicking stances are not a problem, either. Just about the only thing he?s missing are twisting wrists, but he can twist his forearm, which mostly negates that limitation. Bottom line: A good robot mode whose only real downside is that the character depicted has been vastly overexposed these last few years.

Alternate Mode: Shockingly Bumblebee transforms into a yellow car with black racing stripes, who would have guessed? It?s not a Camaro this time, more of a generic muscle car with the engine sticking out from the hood and a huge front grill. Apart from the black racing stripes, silver rims, red stop lights, and blue-tinted windows break up the yellow monotony. There?s also an Autobot symbol on the hood.

Sadly the transparent blue windows show the robot arms lying inside the cabin. You don?t recognize them as such necessarily, but they do fill up the insides pretty well. Apart from that, though, no visible robot bits. Bumblebee?s blaster can be stored on the underside of the vehicle; sadly there is no way to actually utilize it in this mode (making it able to plug into the exposed engine wouldn?t have been hard, I think). Apart from that, though, no complaints. A good car mode, even if it is yet another yellow and black sports car.

Remarks: Transformers Prime once again features a Bumblebee as part of the core cast. This version of the yellow bot is taken almost directly from the Movie line, both in terms of look and his inability to speak. He?s also once again the child-relatable character, being paired with the youngest of the Autobots? human friends, Raf. Personally Bumblebee has failed to make much of an impression on me in the first season of Prime, but given the limitations (lack of speech, overexposure in the movies, etc.) that is hardly surprising. Maybe he will be more entertaining to watch in season two.

I was very much opposed to getting another Bumblebee toy, especially one that resembles the Movie version so closely. If it hadn?t been for my buddy James, who got the First Edition figures for me at a very decent price, I would have left him lying. As it is, I grudgingly admit that he?s a nice toy. Far from revolutionary, but given the fact that the designers were forced to somehow make a new toy out of a character that has seen a billion incarnations already, they did a stand-up job and my hat?s off to them. So if you like Transformers Prime, there is no reason not to get this figure here, even if you?re sick to death of Movie BB.

Rating: B

#2 Caked-Up

Caked-Up
  • Citizen
  • 876 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

I am glad that you liked the price and gave him an honest to goodness quality review. I too am suffering from a BB overload but I can't hate on the yellow guy (except you TFA Bumblebee!) since Chante loves him. Besides, why would Hasbro not utilize one of their most popular characters to continue milking the cash cow?
A lesson for you to remember, "Never hate anything so much that cancer is chosen to teach you otherwise. Live your life and enjoy everyone and everything around you."

#3 Caked-Up

Caked-Up
  • Citizen
  • 876 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Oh and for those that don't know, Cyberverse Commander figures here are 8 bucks or so. Over in Germany I was seeing them for almost 19 EURO. You should look that up on a currency converter to make yourselves feel better about prices.
A lesson for you to remember, "Never hate anything so much that cancer is chosen to teach you otherwise. Live your life and enjoy everyone and everything around you."

#4 Philister

Philister

Teutonicons Rising!

• Citizen
  • 1292 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

Well, not quite. The Deluxe usually go for 17 to 20 euros here. The Commanders go for 10 to 12. Still a lot more, yes, but then again, we do have a higher average income, too. icon-waspy.gif

#5 Caked-Up

Caked-Up
  • Citizen
  • 876 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(Philister @ Jan 17 2012, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, not quite. The Deluxe usually go for 17 to 20 euros here. The Commanders go for 10 to 12. Still a lot more, yes, but then again, we do have a higher average income, too. icon-waspy.gif

I saw Blackout at that 100 plus year old store for 18,99 but that could have been the converted cost left in my brain. Oh well.

#6 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.

• Supporter
  • 4976 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

I was going to forego this Bee in favour of the next one because I liked the twin balster look. But after hearing things about an auto-transform gimmick and the fact that PRID Bee is even smaller than this one, I decided to pull the trigger on FE Bee.

I admit that I like him a lot more than I thought I would, but man is he fiddle-y! I have a real hard time getting his chest halves to stay at that angle, and I also have a hard time getting those two little chest tabs to separate from the bottom of his chest. Especially the right side.

Edited by Shockwave 75, 06 February 2012 - 02:27 AM.

"The objective truths of the world are controversial only to people who are both under-informed and who like to argue." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#7 Caked-Up

Caked-Up
  • Citizen
  • 876 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(Shockwave 75 @ Feb 6 2012, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was going to forego this Bee in favour of the next one because I liked the twin balster look. But after hearing things about an auto-transform gimmick and the fact that PRID Bee is even smaller than this one, I decided to pull the trigger on FE Bee.

I admit that I like him a lot more than I thought I would, but man is he fiddle-y! I have a real hard time getting his chest halves to stay at that angle, and I also have a hard time getting those two little chest tabs to separate from the bottom of his chest. Especially the right side.

After seeing several of the main cast PRID figures, I am happy that I got the BB and Arcee, but I am deeply saddened about Optimus. I don't know what to say about CJ or Ratchet and I worry what horrors are going to befall Bulkhead.

At least Wheeljack and Soundwave look good. Does anyone know if the Eradicon/Vehicon is going to be a redeco of the FE version?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users