Photo
- - - - -

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (audio version narrated by Wil Wheaton)

4 replies to this topic

#1 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Retired Staff
  • 19835 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...view/index.html
http://www.ew.com/ew...0517083,00.html

I don't know if anybody else has read this book, but it made number one in sci-fi on both Amazon and Barne's and Noble last year, and the most highly rated on Audible last year. I just finished it yesterday, and it was an awesome nerdfest.

I think a great deal of people who frequent the Allspark would enjoy it, so I just hope to spread the good news so more can enjoy! It's not the best book ever, but it's a lot of fun.

#2 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

LOoks like a fun read to me, right up my ally! I'll check for it when I'm next in a bookstore
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#3 Dake

Dake

I can see my house from here!

• Supporter
  • 13625 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

It does look interesting. I'll wait until April when the paperback hits and the ebook price drops.
PApddmT.jpg

#4 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10938 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

I heard of it and definately want to read it. Just havn't got the chance yet.
Had this, and Snuff, Reamde, Micro and the existant volumes of Unwritten on my xmas list, but just got the first one and the last two (Though since Unwritten was like 4 volumes, thats still pretty good.)

It'll probably be my next book grab. Maybe this weekend. Can't go wrong with internet, sci-fi mystery with Uber 80s nostalgia. (Other than the 80s nostalgia part the description reminds me a bit of Tad William's Otherland which I loved.)

-ZacWilliam, just wishes it were thicker though. Years of epic Fantasy reading has left me thinking anything that's not almost as thick as it is tall looks skimpy. icon-hotrod.gif

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#5 Dake

Dake

I can see my house from here!

• Supporter
  • 13625 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Jan 17 2012, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard of it and definately want to read it. Just havn't got the chance yet.
Had this, and Snuff, Reamde, Micro and the existant volumes of Unwritten on my xmas list, but just got the first one and the last two (Though since Unwritten was like 4 volumes, thats still pretty good.)

It'll probably be my next book grab. Maybe this weekend. Can't go wrong with internet, sci-fi mystery with Uber 80s nostalgia. (Other than the 80s nostalgia part the description reminds me a bit of Tad William's Otherland which I loved.)

-ZacWilliam, just wishes it were thicker though. Years of epic Fantasy reading has left me thinking anything that's not almost as thick as it is tall looks skimpy. icon-hotrod.gif

Thickness isn't always a virtue though. I enjoyed Tad Williams for example but both of his early series - the Dragonbone Chair and Otherland - got unwieldy by the end. Heck, Dragonbone's "fourth" book was released in two parts and Otherland's was over a thousand pages on top of the six to seven hundred pages of the previous three each. His stories are interesting but he needs a better editor.
PApddmT.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users