1987 Mini-Bot bios

5 replies to this topic

#1 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17126 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

I was thinking about the Mini-Bots earlier today, and noted the fact that while some of the 1984 guys got redecos back in the day, the 1985 guys never got any; the Throttlebots kinda squeezed them out.

In that sense, I eventually came up with some what-ifs for what might have been had they been redone back in the day.

Maverick
(Powerglide mold; white alt mode w/ blue robot bits)
Function: Wild Weasel
"Hey y'all - watch this!"

An army has two options when it comes to countering hostile air forces. The first is to develop air forces of one's own. The second is to boost one's anti-aircraft defenses and detection equipment. When the Aerialbots turned the tide against the Decepticon air forces, the Decepticons responded by rolling out the most intense anti-aircraft batteries and most intricate radar and detection systems they could muster.

But to a mech like Maverick, that's just a challenge.

While most other flying Autobots might be content with avoiding the Decepticon forces, Maverick likes to dive on in, often just feet above the ground, and unleash his full arsenal on the confused Decepticons he's targeting. One day he might just get in over his head and get shot down, but until then he's content to tell stories of how even mechs like Runabout and Runamuck flee from his presence.

Heavy Metal
(Warpath mold; black alt mode w/ red robot bits)
Function: Night Fighter
"Go silently into the night... then they won't hear you coming."

No matter how badly they were being defeated in battle, the Decepticons typically had one single respite: the Autobots on Earth tend to keep human hours; when the sun went down, so did they, leaving the Decepticons a few precious hours each night to rest and recover.

Now they don't even have that.

While most Autobots love the sun, Heavy Metal hates it; a flaw in his power absorbers means that he runs hotter than normal to begin with, and direct sunlight can actually push him towards overheating. Instead, he prefers to do his hunting in the cool of the night, when the wind and the darkness help him better regulate his cooling systems. At one point, his fellow Autobots used to question the wisdom in going out alone after hours. Nowadays, not even the Sweeps are safe from this one-Autobot commando team.

Torpedo
(Seaspray mold; silver alt mode w/ white and sky blue highlights)
Function: Commando
"Bigger isn't always better."

As one of the smaller Autobots, Torpedo is used to being mocked and ridiculed for his height by mechs on both sides... until people see him in action. While his small size makes him a poor choice for a front-line fighter, it readily permits him to sneak into Decepticon outposts and starships undetected, at which point he can conduct his operations as he sees fit. Listening devices in bizarre locations? Mysteriously disabled components? Munitions unexplainedly going off? By the time the Decepticons even realize he's been around, they've already been defeated.

Leatherneck
(Beachcomber mold; olive alt mode w/ sandstone robot bits)
Function: Force Recon
"Good reports make excellent battles."

One might be tempted to ignore the jovial mech with the air of bravado around him, especially after he gets into his tall tales concerning his various exploits. But the fact of the matter is that his stories are true (if somewhat exaggerated) and his bravado is warranted. You see, Leatherneck is famous for his ability to sneak into Decepticon territory, often with without any weapons at all, and somehow survive to bring back both incredibly detailed reports and a cache of stolen Decepticon arms. Even the most carefully hidden Decepticon outpost can quickly be detected and ratted out by this cunning Autobot. It's possible that one day his luck will run out, but until then, he's easily a legend in his own mind.

Wildcard
(Wheelie mold; light blue alt mode w/ white robot bits)
Function: Security
"But I got the bad guy, right?"

It's not that Wildcard is deliberately reckless or violent. It's that he often doesn't appreciate whatever situation he's gotten himself into or how he's violated protocol for the umpteenth time. It's true that he always managed to apprehend whatever smuggler, con artist, or thief he's after... but only after a chain of events that would be hilarious if it wasn't for the mayhem and collateral damage he leaves in his wake. He may be too inept to be kept as a security officer, but he's captured too many criminals for Optimus Prime to simply let him go. Until then, he'll still be (unsteadily) walking his beat.

Skidmark
(Bumblebee mold; magenta alt mode w/ white robot bits)
Function: Interceptor
"It's not what a bot looks like; it's what he has under the hood that counts."

Ever since he was a sparkling, Skidmark has been obsessed with going faster and faster. While this occasionally means he'll be too quick to act or make judgements for his own good, it also means that he's frequently the first one to respond at all to a situation. When Autobot high command gave him a ground-based alt mode not known for its speed in the hopes of teaching him a lesson about moderation, Skidmark responded by secretly upgrading his own systems to make himself faster and faster. While not quite so fast as mechs like Blurr or Maverick, he can still outpace even many airborne Decepticons with ease. Imagine the surprise of even a seemingly mighty Sweep when it realizes that it's being chased down by a tiny subcompact!
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#2 Freddycon

Freddycon
  • Citizen
  • 593 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:01 AM

I like it, now if we could get some customizers or photoshoppers to do this it would be all the sweeter!

#3 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17126 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

Let's see - who else from 84 / 85 never got a canon redeco?

I can think of:

*Hound
*Mirage

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Deviant Art page

#4 n10zguy

n10zguy

Da Hawt Gay Geek

• Citizen
  • 246 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Love the bios but I think "Skidmark" might be right up there with Windbreaker and Erecctor for unfortunate TF names. LOL

#5 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17126 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(n10zguy @ Jan 23 2012, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love the bios but I think "Skidmark" might be right up there with Windbreaker and Erecctor for unfortunate TF names. LOL

All six names are taken from G. I. Joe figures released between 1983 and 1988.

Skidmark was an amateur street racer who enlisted because he figured it'd give him access to bigger, more powerful machinery to fool around with. He wound up the principle driver for the Desert Fox 6WD, an open-air IFV armed with a heavy machine gun and a pair of anti-tank missiles.

Deviant Art page

#6 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22723 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Jan 16 2012, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's see - who else from 84 / 85 never got a canon redeco?

I can think of:

*Hound
*Mirage

I'd count Detritus as a canon redeco.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users