IDW Metalhawk - custom

3 replies to this topic

#1 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 6967 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:13 AM

When I heard that Botcon 2012 Metalhawk would likely be the Thunderwing mold, I was disappointed. I had honestly been hoping for something a little less thick/wide, as the new IDW version of Metalhawk has a Beast Machines-esq thinness.

I was going to make one out of Universe Cyclonus, like many others customizers. However, I noticed some good mold similarities in TF Prime Starscream (limb fins, thin build, etc...).

Going with the IDW theme, he doesn't have any autobot insignias. N.A.I.L is spelled out on the left side of his chest.

UPDATE: I changed the abs+waist to better blend the vehicle mode. I wanted the more G1 all gold torso, but it doesn't work with the transformation.

OLD VERSION

The head is from Cybertron Longrack. I chopped the heads of Starscream and Longrack so that the new head could use the old joints. Despite my head being trimmed all over, it has to be removed in transformation, as the cavity for TF Prime Starscream's head is very small.

Edited by Solarstorm, 15 January 2012 - 09:18 PM.

"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#2 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 46872 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

That is a kick-ass Prime Metalhawk! icon-ironhide.gif

The jet mode is a little stark with the cut-offs. Maybe you could add some gold deco to the fuselage to kinda bring it together.

Edited by MrBlud, 07 January 2012 - 03:25 AM.

#3 Noprobsrobs

Noprobsrobs

STILL THE BEST 1973

• Citizen
  • 2780 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:18 AM

Or completely paint the cockpit.

Other than that it's rather sweet. Paint is rather smooth and neat.

Edited by Gunrage, 07 January 2012 - 07:18 AM.

#4 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 6967 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

Advice taken. Waist improved. Vehicle blends a lot better now. Thanks!
"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users