C16

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Citizen
  • 6609 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

http://www.tfw2005.c...fsource-174084/
http://www.tfw2005.c...updates-174085/

Don't really see the appeal of add-ons for G1 toys since the base figure is still outdated. Or the Bludgeon ones, since there's already a tank/Pretender shell mold out there. Definitely going to get a couple of these Tomahawk kits just for the feet, in case the figure gets repainted into something I like.

And the Trailbreaker, eh. I definitely see Hasbro doing him in the next Classics line and he'll look better than this.

Edited by C16, 05 January 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#2 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 31431 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

I'm totally down with the Cerebros head, assuming that its robot mode is colored like Spike was in the cartoon also.

#3 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Live Free or Dinosaur.

• Supporter
  • 9167 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

I like the Fort Max set for the simple reason my god damn Korean Spike went missing and it really pisses me the hug off.

So, if these guys aren't a million dollars, they'll be worth it to me.

#4 C16

C16

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Citizen
  • 6609 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

He's colored to match the lighter gray on the toy, but the layout aside from the upper chest looks the same.

#5 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

There go I, but for my face.

• Forum Moderator
  • 19435 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

Oh, I like the sound of that Whirl upgrade. Shame it's announced just after all the last Tomahawks have disappeared from even the clearance shelves...

#6 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Jan 5 2012, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I like the sound of that Whirl upgrade. Shame it's announced just after all the last Tomahawks have disappeared from even the clearance shelves...

Was the Tomahawk ever recolored? Or was it just the black version?

#7 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4281 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

Wow, I am surprised Headrobots is going into doing full robots since, well, it's more than just a head.

I wonder, could you use HA Whirl's lower legs or feet in a similar manner?
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#8 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

There go I, but for my face.

• Forum Moderator
  • 19435 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

There was the Japanese Vortex release, with the alternate head. Not sure if the colors were different on the regular Japanese Tomahawk, if he was even released there.

#9 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Purple is the right of all sentient beings

• Citizen
  • 21513 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

its clearly the same mold as the hardhead headmaster so If I could get the grey one and the sword separately I'd love to put it on my TFCON NotMax
Tammy,',tec,OP,Shenanigans,Jen,Destron and some other guy. Thursdays.
"next week not 12hours long"

#10 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 10240 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'd love to get that Bludgeon upgrade in colors that match Wreckage.

...no real reason. I just think it'd look awesome.

Edited by Lukeblast, 06 January 2012 - 12:29 AM.

"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#11 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1838 posts
  • Location:Mt. Vernon, VA Home: Long Island, NY Previous: Tampa, FL

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Jan 5 2012, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be fair, we've known this kit was in the works for a while now.

Trailbreaker would be awesome....if it wasn't trying so desperately to be a 1980s Hilux. That's not how Classics works. If the same transformation was done with a more modern (and generic-y) truck alt-mode, it'd be pretty win.
xvpu.jpg
Looking for; 2005 Botcon Ratchet, Junker Classics Optimus Prime (for parts)

#12 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Bristleback hated you all before it was trendy.

• Citizen
  • 9438 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:55 AM

I have been waiting patiently for this upgrade... but man, it has become a huge disappointment.

The original plans were to give Wreckage/Bludgeon a tank turret too, and Whirl would have had a cool new head made for a Voyager toy - I was planning to use it for Energon Bulkhead. This new head - looks just sad, and Bludgeon is just the head and the katana.

Trailbreaker looks really nice, but much like the IGear minibots, looks too much like a more articulated G1 toy then a Classics toy. I love the Legends one and am sure that sooner or later Hasbro will give us a Deluxe - after all, we got Windcharger last year, and him and Trailbreaker are perhaps the two least known members of the 1984 cast.

#13 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 46233 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Jan 5 2012, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was the Japanese Vortex release, with the alternate head. Not sure if the colors were different on the regular Japanese Tomahawk, if he was even released there.

The Japanese Tomahawk was mostly the same. His gray was darker than the Hasbro version IIRC.

Randy

#14 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 10240 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jan 6 2012, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The original plans were to give Wreckage/Bludgeon a tank turret too, and Whirl would have had a cool new head made for a Voyager toy - I was planning to use it for Energon Bulkhead. This new head - looks just sad, and Bludgeon is just the head and the katana.

You can see the short sword in Bludgeon's other hand, and what appears to be a scabbard on his left hip. I don't know if we're getting the full-blown turret, but it's definitely more than a head and one sword.

Also, are you sure that the Voyager head you're thinking of wasn't the ROTF Whirl upgrade? They did that as a limited-edition resin set nearly a year ago.
"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#15 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 5851 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

If Trailbreaker's price doesn't break me, I could see myself picking him up to fill the time until Hasbro makes one. I'm impatient.

I'd also pick up the Whirl set in a heartbeat, if I didn't already have a neat Whirl custom (which did break me).
Check out my Botcon Film Trilogy...thing...sort of.

#16 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12205 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm mildly interested in Trailbreaker. We got the little one, but it's not really satisfying, and there's been no signs to my knowledge of a continuing generations line at the moment, so....

Kinda interested in the Fortress/Cerebros set too. Will have to see price.

#17 Sciflyer

Sciflyer

Tomorrow's Harvest

• Citizen
  • 1411 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Trailbreaker looks OK. I'm all for G1, but I would actually have preferred a figure that uses his original character design as a springboard to something a little more creative. His vehicle mode is pretty slavish to the original too, which would actually make it seem a bit out of place amongst the Generations/Classics/etc. IMO, seeing as they are updates and reimaginings of original characters.

The Cerebros set is cool but BBTS has it on preorder for roughly $60, which is a little more than I really want to pay for 2 headmasters and a sword. At half that I might consider biting, but I'm just not emotionally invested enough in the character to shell out the full $60.

Edited by Sciflyer, 08 January 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#18 Shattered

Shattered

It's time

• Citizen
  • 3980 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(Sciflyer @ Jan 8 2012, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Cerebros set is cool but BBTS has it on preorder for roughly $60, which is a little more than I really want to pay for 2 headmasters and a sword. At half that I might consider biting, but I'm just not emotionally invested enough in the character to shell out the full $60.

I'd be interested in this set as well, but $60 is FAR more than I'd be willing to pay.
Posted Image

#19 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14171 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'm liking those Headmasters but I have nothing for them to attatch to, ah well.

#20 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

You know what might be a cool set... release a recolor of Butcher minus the head that it colored to go with Botcon Clench. You obviously wouldn't want to replace that wonderful Clench head, but you could give him weapons.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users