Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 07:44 PM)

Can I just take a moment and declare that we need some female Dinobots? Because we really need some female Dinobots.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:41 PM)

It was awesome seeing all those heroes together on screen, though. I hope Superman and Martian Manhunter get to participate in the next crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:36 PM)

The solution was also just a bit too easy... the Dominators are apparently just big sissys, give 'em a poke with a caddle prod and they'll run off

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:35 PM)

Yeah, I felt Arrow was the weakest entry... but after least season I kind of got turned off the show, and haven't watched any of the current season.

@  Jalaguy : (03 December 2016 - 05:34 PM)

It was good, but would've been better if Arrow hadn't co-opted its portion to do an relatively pointless anniversary episode.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 December 2016 - 05:31 PM)

Haven't seen any of the DC shows.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (03 December 2016 - 05:24 PM)

How did y'all feel about this week's CW DC shows crossover? I thought it was great and reminiscent of comic books!

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 08:25 AM)

I'm still exploring all the possible mods for the PC version of Fallout New Vegas.

@  Pennpenn : (02 December 2016 - 11:03 PM)

So what, my species is perfectly happy to completely obliterate an undeveloped species to make servants, go full on ADVENT on more developed worlds, but for the middle of the road species suddenly my hands ar tied? Bah.

@  Pennpenn : (02 December 2016 - 10:58 PM)

It's annoying in Stellaris how "Pre-sentient" life forms can be Uplifted (turned into sentient and loyal races) and pre-space age civs can be messed around with and taken over, but you can't do anything about "Stone Age Primitives" so they just end up as a permanent debuff to a planet and end up squatting in valuable tiles.

@  Verity Carlo : (02 December 2016 - 10:53 PM)

To put it simply, everyone is in a race to become god.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (02 December 2016 - 10:42 PM)

I'm playing Tales of Zestiria instead.

@  Touch My Thighs : (02 December 2016 - 10:10 PM)

So basically I'm 15 hours into Final Fantasy XV and it seems like they took the edgy FF7-style game they were going to make, threw it out and made something actually fun instead.

@  BlackMax : (02 December 2016 - 09:29 PM)

...and now that I've sat home a short bit I realize I completely forgot to look for Ross, TJ MAXX or Marshalls in the area. Damn.

@  ShadowMan024 : (02 December 2016 - 09:20 PM)

I envy you.

@  BlackMax : (02 December 2016 - 09:17 PM)

Just found RiD Warriors Bisk and Ratchet, plus TR Hot Rod, while hunting. It was a good night.

@  ShadowMan024 : (02 December 2016 - 08:28 PM)

"You hugin' people..."

@  Strafe : (02 December 2016 - 07:36 PM)

I liked that one, too. I'm not a fan of the guy at all, but "A Few Good Men" is still one of my all-time favorite movies. He's fantastic as Lt. Daniel Kaffee.

@  Kalidor : (02 December 2016 - 06:24 PM)

Tom Cruise sucks but I really did enjoy Edge of Tomorrow

@  Benbot : (02 December 2016 - 03:57 PM)

What? They made a new Mummy movie and cast Tom Cruise? I love Cruise, but isn't he kind of expensive? Kind of stupid to rely on his star power to boost a new franchise instead of...like...good writing? I hope it had both, but I'm not holding my breath.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 11:36 PM)

Now if only I could get one of my GoG games to work right (well series of games) :(

@  Kalidor : (01 December 2016 - 11:24 PM)

Thanks, I picked it up. Worth it for the soundtrack alone

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 10:01 PM)

GoG is awsome.

@  wonko the sane? : (01 December 2016 - 08:07 PM)

woot woot, thank you kindly!

@  Dekafox : (01 December 2016 - 07:42 PM)

Head's up, GOG has Neverwinter Nights up for free for about another 30 hours or so

@  Verity Carlo : (01 December 2016 - 07:30 PM)

the men who murdered my imaginary friends

@  Locoman : (01 December 2016 - 05:30 PM)

I'm coming, Baby Legs! I'm.... Regular... Legs!

@  Benbot : (01 December 2016 - 04:05 PM)

What are you worried about, come get fake doors!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (01 December 2016 - 02:07 PM)

I just found out that Blue from Blue's Clues is a girl. Whoa.

@  Bass X0 : (01 December 2016 - 01:14 PM)

Holy Magikrap!

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 08:45 AM)

Also, TR Triggerhappy is a good mold.

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 07:34 AM)

I should have said "not staying together", but anyway.

@  unluckiness : (01 December 2016 - 06:50 AM)

My Astrotrain had that but some floor polish on the tabs helped.

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 06:48 AM)

On the subject of recalcitrant TR voyagers, does anyone else have an issue with Sentinel Prime's legs staying together in space-brick mode?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 03:40 AM)

Holy crap or holy carp? ;)

@  BlackMax : (30 November 2016 - 08:41 PM)

...holy crap it works!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 November 2016 - 07:14 PM)

Hold the button (orange spot) on his chest and push them down till they click.

@  BlackMax : (30 November 2016 - 06:05 PM)

The horns can never be kept down! \m/. >_< .\m/

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 November 2016 - 04:19 PM)

I was about to say.. I have no problem getting him to stay together in any mode. The horns was the worst thing for me. But I got that fixed.

@  unitremover : (30 November 2016 - 12:26 PM)

...and I just figured that out too

@  unitremover : (30 November 2016 - 12:24 PM)

Oh, hey, I figured it out. Now if I can just find a way to get his upper and lower body to stay pegged together in robot mode I'll be in business.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 November 2016 - 12:12 PM)

Cold showers.

@  unitremover : (30 November 2016 - 12:11 PM)

Oh, what's the trick to getting his horns to stay down?

@  unluckiness : (30 November 2016 - 08:26 AM)

Alolan baristas say the darndest things

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 November 2016 - 08:26 AM)

I like Alpha trion. Just gotta see if his horns will stay down now that I learned the trick.

@  Robowang : (30 November 2016 - 07:55 AM)

Alpha Trion is awesome. Fun transformation, beefy robot mode, sweet sword, amazing headsculpt, and great colors.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 November 2016 - 05:48 AM)

Why? Alpha Trion is pretty cool, even with some flaws. He reminds me of BW2 designs.

@  unitremover : (29 November 2016 - 11:34 PM)

I should've listened to what everybody else said about Alpha Trion and not gotten lured in by the sweet siren call of a new toy evoking Vector Prime

@  Msol : (29 November 2016 - 10:12 PM)

Hot damn Astrotrain is way better than I was expecting.

@  BlackMax : (29 November 2016 - 06:32 PM)

I would've guessed that unaired theme for Beast Machines.

Photo
- - - - -

BotCon: Invasion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1773 replies to this topic

#1761 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7256 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jan 6 2012, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Btw, here is one last prophetic foretelling: the customisation class figure shall be SG Oilslick, using the Treadshot figure (as the Universe figure was a repaint of U. Treadshot). In Animated Oil Slick colors. icon-hotrod.gif

I could dig that.
3DS Friend Code: 0490-6399-8582

#1762 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Champion of Towing

• Citizen
  • 32401 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

That would be amazing.

"Disabled people don’t have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isn’t a “special need”. It’s a basic human right. It’s a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#1763 Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0

...or should I?

• Citizen
  • 7774 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE(thrust222 @ Jan 6 2012, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Treadshot 2.0 @ Jan 6 2012, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(thrust222 @ Jan 6 2012, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Treadshot 2.0 @ Jan 6 2012, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....aaaaaaand I don't want it. I mean, it's a nice deco of the toy, and that's actually one of the better exclusive headsculpts I've ever seen, but it's TOTALLY NOT TREADSHOT. Trust me, I know, LOL. What it is, is Armada Sideswipe in a Jazz body with a bigass Decepticon logo.

okay, now my interest level in this set has dropped off considerably. A G1-colored Warpath redeco would have been GLORIOUS and a must-buy, and you could have even gotten away with not changing the head.

Since it looks like ALL the rumors ARE true, I don't even know if I want this. I don't want Insecticon colored Junkions. I don't want a Soundwave van with a goony face (if I cared about SG, which I don't, I already have the white Music Label Soundwave), I like but don't need Road Rage, I don't need Giga, I don't feel emotionally connected with a new toy of MY NAMESAKE. What I do feel is underwhelmed. There is no way I am springing $400 for this when I could buy a completely new-mold Devastator for that price.

I find the word underwhelmed annoying, and its been in like fifty posts about botcon. Is there some instruction book out there on how to criticize botcon exclusives.

1. use the word underwhelmed
2. say head sculpt sucks
3. bring up what could have been
4. curse fp for making fans tf exclusives
5. say your quitting transformers because of this set
6. ......

Interesting, because I find your annoyance underwhelming. icon-arcee.gif

Maybe the fact that it's been used so often is because THAT'S HOW PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT THIS SET? I don't think it sucks by any means, I just don't WANT it. (if they had made the Battlechargers part of the set and made SG Treadshot and SG Tracks the Club exclusives, I BET there'd be WAY more excitement about it!)

And for the record, I'm not one of those guys who hates everything. I said I LIKE the deco. Just not as TREADSHOT. (it doesn't ACTUALLY homage ANY Treadshot!) I have bought many BotCon figures and even a few whole sets in the past. But with the plethora of aftermarket and third-party goods available now, it just doesn't make sense to spend this much money on wacky redecos with new head molds, when I could get a set of completely original toys that is a much more 'spot-on' fulfillment of 'what I wish I could buy at retail'. There are just too many things I don't want, in EVERY BotCon set; the philosophy of 'force people to buy Cindersaur to get Rapido' has lost me. I might spring and/or trade for a few individual toys I want (as I did with the Wings of Honor set) but that'll probably be it.

I thought it was esstablished earlier in this thread that treadshot is a homage to universe treadshot, and sideswipe, just saying thought I read that.

I've bought almost all the botcon toys and some third party, in most cases the hasbro molds are made better, and I would rather have an official exclusive any day. That said I do like the 3rd party set you are refering to, but if I had to choose, the botcon toys would win every time.

I established for myself that this character is an homage to a figure that was repainted into a Treadshot. But that's like calling God Ginrai an Ultra Magnus homage. it's not the same thing. It's like a direct homage twice removed or something.

I will say this: for what it's worth, I'm one of the few people in the fandom who has ALWAYS gravitated to Treadshot. Yeah, he was a non-character, but he was arguably THE most interesting-looking Action Master. It baffles me that many equally obscure but far less visually interesting toys have gotten much better homages.

I'm sure he will be a cool character, it's nice looking, yadda yadda yadda. DEVASTATOR. #thatisall

But like I said, that's why I'm just not that into shattered glass as a whole. It NEVER quite satisfies me. When it's something that sounds cool, it's never as cool as I hoped. When they do something really clever and cool, it's usually by giving backstory to an existing toy. I could see how it's cool to have funky toys turned into actual characters but it's not inspiring enough to really motivate me to fork over RENT for.

#1764 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 14368 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

So he's the SG version of a one-off character from a universe that's only fiction was on a toy blurb.

Come on. His symbol was red.

#1765 CORVUS

CORVUS

Are you ready to stand right here, right now?

• Supporter
  • 31052 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Welp. Stage one of me trying to hit up Botcon is complete. I'm now a club-member.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#1766 Defensis Prime

Defensis Prime

Multiversal Singularity-haters = puppykickers who belong on Junk

• Citizen
  • 1765 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

It was up...momentarily.

(IT'S NOT MY FAULT I DIDN'T CRASH IT NO WAY)
-- L A S E R AUTOBOT LEADER DEFENSIS PRIME : Psychotic Completist®
"...Transformers should have retina-searing colorschemes--your eyes bleed after one glance..."

#1767 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7256 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

From Bot-Twitter:

One very minor issue. Resolved. Stay tuned!

#1768 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 37733 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

Stay on target...

Stay on target...

#1769 Walky

Walky

STRONG GRUDGE

• Citizen
  • 35815 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

online registration fee... came from... behind...

#1770 CORVUS

CORVUS

Are you ready to stand right here, right now?

• Supporter
  • 31052 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

Use your credit-card, Luke!

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#1771 Defensis Prime

Defensis Prime

Multiversal Singularity-haters = puppykickers who belong on Junk

• Citizen
  • 1765 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

I don't think I wanna complain about that six-buck online processing fee being non-temporary...it beats the hell outta making my home PC dial endlessly or babysitting the faxes here at work.

(I sorta miss the electronic screeching, though...)
-- L A S E R AUTOBOT LEADER DEFENSIS PRIME : Psychotic Completist®
"...Transformers should have retina-searing colorschemes--your eyes bleed after one glance..."

#1772 Walky

Walky

STRONG GRUDGE

• Citizen
  • 35815 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(Defensis Prime @ Jan 6 2012, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think I wanna complain about that six-buck online processing fee being non-temporary...it beats the hell outta making my home PC dial endlessly or babysitting the faxes here at work.

(I sorta miss the electronic screeching, though...)

I feel kind of like a tool since they claimed it was only for the first year to pay for they physical system, though.

#1773 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7256 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'm very glad I only had to deal with faxing registration in 2009, because it was a deal-breaker. I really don't think I could've gone through that utter nonsense again.

#1774 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Retired Staff
  • 48435 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Continue discussion here http://www.allspark....showtopic=84340
This thread is getting too bulky.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg