"Who interrupts my Plasma Baaath?!"

• Protoform
  • 26 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

BEAST WARS
By Elliot Jones

Prologue: Mortal Combat

He sees me. I know wherever I flee, he sees me. I have to be quick.

?NGGGH!? One slice of his energy-rapier is enough to kill me. All I have is pulse lasers, a sting-crossbow, a bludgeoning hammer, and a couldn?t-care-less outlook on life. But he sees me. My fuzor-body pumps with excitement.

?Where are you, Maximal?! No one can escape the wrath of Gigatron!?

Those were the days. The days before Gigatron and his army of demons. The days before the Vehicons invaded the Maximal colony on Gaea. The days when I could live peacefully. I can but reflect on them for a split second before??ARRGH!? I?m whapped to and fro by Gigatron?s blind hit. It?s only a matter of time before he spots me in this night, the blackest of nights. The shadows can only help me for so long?

?You cannot escape the blades of Gigatron, Maximal,? said Gigatron, sounding like a broken record. He transformed into his twin-headed dragon mode, and began to scorch the countryside with his breath. I transform into shark-hawk mode, and dive deep into the smarmy water, to escape the scorching breath for only so long. It?s so hot--! It will evaporate the water before long. The roars of the dragon can be heard beneath the muddled waves. I wait for my opportunity.

?Take this, Predacon scum!? I fly at him, mouth stretched open, my head ramming into his bulky body.

It doesn?t even dent him. I quickly fly away, my warrior impulse guiding me to alight somewhere else, wait for another moment to attack. He laughs with pity at my attempt to attack him. ?This world is doomed,? he said. ?You will bathe in the flames of war and conquest. Die, Maximal!? He transforms, quickly, to robot mode, and shoots his energy-rapier like an arrow out of his hilt. I grab it, quickly transforming to robot mode. I figure if my weapons have no effect, at least his will.

I wait for my time to strike. He grows another rapier out of his hilt, and twirls the twin-blade around. Then, he fires a deadening blast out of the hand-guard. It explodes only a small distance away from my perch. I know it is time to advance. I throw the still-glowing rapier at Gigatron, and it snips through his paunch, a glancing blow. ?You will pay for this, you fool!?

I know what to do with a smallish wound on my opponent: to make it more of a dreadful one. I fire as many barbs as I can at the cut superstructure, and Gigatron makes to fly around me, to meet me on his terms. He fires more blasts from his gun, and blows up the scenery all about us. It is only a matter of time before I die.

He slams his energy rapier down on my crumbling body, and I catch it with my fin. We are locked in mortal combat now, and I must make it count. I fire my pulse blasts from my eyes at his chest, ripping it further open. He drops his energy rapier. I swoop down and pick it up.

I find my way to a high peak. He flies up in bat mode, and fires off supersonic waves, screeching through my audio receptors like the scratching of nails. I hide away in a cave not far from where we were.

I hear his tumbling footfalls. ?You will pay,? he says, ?you will pay for the damage you?ve done. You will pay.? I must buy time. I fire at the rocky ceiling, and rocks tumble down to obscure his path. Immediately he melts the rocks away, and flies at me to jab his rapier into my side. He pins me to the wall.

The wall begins to glow an eerie glow, unlike anything I?ve ever seen. ?What?what is that?? the Predacon banters.

?That,? I say, ?is your sealed fate.? I wring myself free of his bladed grip, and blast away at the wall, trapping him in a dance of fiery blasts. I do not escape fully from the firestorm. I fall unconscious. The Predacon, I wager, is gone.

#2 Black Prime

Black Prime

"Who interrupts my Plasma Baaath?!"

• Protoform
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

Chapter 1: Lost Bird

Where am I? Alive? Dead??Everything I see is a noxious white. I am in some kind of containment chamber. Outside?fighting. War. Something unpleasant is going on.

__

?Silverbolt!? it was Polar claw. He always was one of a stern composure. ?Now is not the time to be daydreaming. Do you remember the plan??

?Yes,? I replied. ?The drop ship flies over the Predacon camp, and I fly into the boiler room. I place the bomb in there, and rush to the prison, releasing the Maximal hostages. Was there anything else??

?Get out of there immediately! We?ll be waiting for you on the ridge.? I nodded. It had been three months since I had joined the Rangers, a special group of Maximals for the sole purpose of surveying the land and keeping the peace, fending off rogue Predacons. Before that?I could not remember. My mind was hazy. But something about that containment chamber fascinated me. I wanted to know where I came from.

__

And so we flew the drop ship over the Predacon camp, and I disguised myself as an eagle to avoid Predacon detection. I had an unusual ability in that respect: most of the time Maximal signatures could be picked up, even in beast mode. But I was an exception. I never knew why, but Polar Claw considered it much an advantage.

I heard blasting outside. K-9 and Wolfang were there, distracting Predacon soldiers from their post so I would have more of an opportunity to free the Maximals. But this mission would not be successful. I arrived at the boiler room. Quiet. Transforming into robot mode, I placed the bomb stealthily on a fuming gas tank. Then I sped out, flying from there into the Maximal prison. I heard their wails hugging my audio receptors with desperation. ?I?m here to save you!? I said.

?Not on my watch!? cried a voice from behind. A Pred. It was Insecticon; a Predacon whose spark was created from sparks of ancient Decepticons. I drew my sabers. ?Your little plan was not a success,? he said, brandishing his crossbow. ?I have deactivated the bomb, you see. I was creeping around the boiler room in stag form, form. A little hiding of my own body mass with the help of the Deto Device sure does go a long way, way!? He fired a concentrated charge my way. I dodged.

I ducked behind a box. Then I threw a sword at him. Deto Device? What was he talking about? But he was behind me. He cut me at the back; no time to dodge. I flew out of there. Was he bluffing? I cut open a whole in the ceiling and flew out of the base, into the drop ship hovering above. ?Silverbolt! Get in, quick!? said Polar Claw. But he was too late. A powerful charge tore the drop ship to scrap, and it plunged into the cliffs below. I cried out in stiff respite. I was sorry, but I could not help K-9 and Wolfang. I transformed into eagle mode and sped away, charges erupting from the base below. I had nowhere to go back except the ranges? base.

__

?Deto Device?? it was Cohrada, Polar Claw?s second-in-command. Longrack stood plaintively behind him. They were much uneasy. ?That?s horrible! Those ssssslimes can?t possibly have??

?But what is it?? I said, vexed.

?It?ssss? a device that allowssss one to travel into subspace, thereby having access to any weapon or massss stored there. Sssome say it even can store data in Cerebro circuits. If the Predacons have thisss device??

?Then we?re doomed,? said Longrack simply. ?We must get it before they use it to capture this planet.?

K-9 and Wolfang entered through the makeshift doors, looking quite beaten up. ?They have Polar Claw,? K-9 said. ?There was nothing we would have done.?

?I?m sorry?? I said, bowing deeply. ?It was my fault. I should?ve??
?No worriesss, Silverbolt,? said Cohrada with a sigh that said quite the opposite. ?You are new to the job. But we have little time to rest. We must call Hardhead back from his patrolsss and commence a ssstrike on that Predacon base.?

?What?s the matter?? Wolfang said.

?They have a Deto device,? Longrack said, holding nothing back. A morbid silence ensued. But it was almost a humorous one: one that said, ?it?s stupid that we?re even still alive.? But I was indignant.

?How did they know we would attack the boiler room?? I said. ?Something is seriously wrong here. They must have gotten a tip from someone.?

An even more humorously morbid silence ensued. ?Well if you?re so sure of that,? Wolfang said, ?how do we know you?re not the spy?? He flounced up to me, and stuck his weapon into my chin.

?Easy,? Cohrada said. ?Easy. I trust Silverbolt. Polar Claw did as well. We must patch communications with Headstrong.?

He walked up to the computer interface, a morose expression on his face. I knew it was on account of me. He patched communications with Headstrong. ?Headstrong,? he said with a sigh, ?how are the sector seven ruins? Any sign of the Predacons there??

?No, sir,? he said with a grunt. ?Nothing. Looks like they flew the coop. Who knows why they were here in the first place.? I picked up a subtle facetiousness in his voice. I didn?t know why; I didn?t bring it up.

?Right,? Cohrada said. ?We need you back at the base. We have to bring the Predacons down. They have a Deto Device.?

?Oh really?? Headstrong said. ?That?s troubling. I?m on my way!?

The communications ended. ?Get ready, Maximals,? Cohrada said, loading his particle gun. ?There isss no excuse for being lax.?

__

Hours passed as we prepared weapons for the strike. Headstrong never showed. After a while, I got restless and headed outside. The starry sky lit up brightly. I had heard my Maximal compatriots speak of Cybertron, light years upon light years away from this dusty planet. I had this funny feeling, like something was creeping up on me. Like something was right behind me. Then I heard a transforming noise. Insecticon! How did the Predacons know we were?

?Die, Maximal!? cried Insecticon. He shot me in the back of the head. I whirled around, made to slice at his squishy body. Then he quickly transformed into stag beetle mode, and bustled off. Two more Predacons sauntered forth, and began to fire their weapons at me and the base. I escaped back into the face of the rock, and into the base.

?Cohrada! Longrack! The Predacons are upon us!?

?Traitor,? said Cohrada. ?You are the turncoat.? He held me in place with his snake arm. I saw Headstrong?s face on them monitor.

?What?? said Silverbolt. ?But you said you trusted me??

?Choose your words carefully, Maximal. You may want to perpetuate the fa?ade to make good your escape.?

?I?m not a traitor!? I said.

?Tell that to the Predacons outside,? said Headstrong. ?I overheard a conversation that proves the whole affair. The Predacons outside walloped the rock entrance with blasts, and in they came.

?Thank you for revealing the Maximal base, comrade,? said Snapper, blasting my actual comrades. I was flummoxed. ?You have served us well. It is too bad we have no sympathy for one such as you.? He shot me, and I flew into the distance. In the din I could not make out what happened.

__

I had not known for how long I had lie in dumb stupor, covered in the husky ruins of the rangers? hideout. Wounded, I spat my arm out of the pile of rocks scattered by the Pred?s weapons, and crawled out ever so slowly. The day was waning, the sun slowly descending into the plaintive horizon. I wished I could have helped the Maximals more. Why had they named me the traitor? What was their intention?

But I didn?t care. I had to get to a CR chamber. Badly. So I limped across the country?I couldn?t even transform or fly. In the deep of the night, I saw something that irked me?frightened me to the core. It was a sign, in the middle of the wilderness, that said: ?WANTED: Traitorous Maximal. Energon reward for whomever finds him and brings him into custody.? It bore my picture, and Cohrada?s personal insignia. I knew I was doomed then. I began to make my bedraggled journey through the countryside.

?Catch him!? Slag. It didn?t matter who they were. I was slagged. Shadowy figures moved towards me, ready to grab me and hurt me. They brandished their shaded weapons as they bounded up to me, ready to fire. An Energon reward. Had the Maximals stooped to the level of the Predacons? We were supposed to be allies in this. We were supposed to be friends, united in trust to battle the Predacons in camaraderie unmatched. But no. We had become so secluded from each other that our own personal interests took precedence over the common good of all Maximals. But right as I closed my optics, I heard a quick slice through my assaulters? chests. They fell to the ground in a slump. I looked up, and on a butte stood a formidable bot. He was no ordinary Maximal: he had an impressive build and an intense look on his face. He wielded a blade of some sort?its impressive design unlike anything I had ever seen.

?Hello friend,? he said, with a grin. ?My name is Odin. You are coming with me to Cyber City. There I expect to receive my reward.?

Oh slag. I had no desire to fight the one I had assumed to be a friend.

#3 electricidad

electricidad
  • Citizen
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

Very nice. I miss the Beast era. You've captured it well.

QUOTE(Black Prime @ Dec 25 2011, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chapter 1: Lost Bird

Where am I? Alive? Dead??Everything I see is a noxious white. I am in some kind of containment chamber. Outside?fighting. War. Something unpleasant is going on.

__

?Silverbolt!? it was Polar claw. He always was one of a stern composure. ?Now is not the time to be daydreaming. Do you remember the plan??

?Yes,? I replied. ?The drop ship flies over the Predacon camp, and I fly into the boiler room. I place the bomb in there, and rush to the prison, releasing the Maximal hostages. Was there anything else??

?Get out of there immediately! We?ll be waiting for you on the ridge.? I nodded. It had been three months since I had joined the Rangers, a special group of Maximals for the sole purpose of surveying the land and keeping the peace, fending off rogue Predacons. Before that?I could not remember. My mind was hazy. But something about that containment chamber fascinated me. I wanted to know where I came from.

__

And so we flew the drop ship over the Predacon camp, and I disguised myself as an eagle to avoid Predacon detection. I had an unusual ability in that respect: most of the time Maximal signatures could be picked up, even in beast mode. But I was an exception. I never knew why, but Polar Claw considered it much an advantage.

I heard blasting outside. K-9 and Wolfang were there, distracting Predacon soldiers from their post so I would have more of an opportunity to free the Maximals. But this mission would not be successful. I arrived at the boiler room. Quiet. Transforming into robot mode, I placed the bomb stealthily on a fuming gas tank. Then I sped out, flying from there into the Maximal prison. I heard their wails hugging my audio receptors with desperation. ?I?m here to save you!? I said.

?Not on my watch!? cried a voice from behind. A Pred. It was Insecticon; a Predacon whose spark was created from sparks of ancient Decepticons. I drew my sabers. ?Your little plan was not a success,? he said, brandishing his crossbow. ?I have deactivated the bomb, you see. I was creeping around the boiler room in stag form, form. A little hiding of my own body mass with the help of the Deto Device sure does go a long way, way!? He fired a concentrated charge my way. I dodged.

I ducked behind a box. Then I threw a sword at him. Deto Device? What was he talking about? But he was behind me. He cut me at the back; no time to dodge. I flew out of there. Was he bluffing? I cut open a whole in the ceiling and flew out of the base, into the drop ship hovering above. ?Silverbolt! Get in, quick!? said Polar Claw. But he was too late. A powerful charge tore the drop ship to scrap, and it plunged into the cliffs below. I cried out in stiff respite. I was sorry, but I could not help K-9 and Wolfang. I transformed into eagle mode and sped away, charges erupting from the base below. I had nowhere to go back except the ranges? base.

__

?Deto Device?? it was Cohrada, Polar Claw?s second-in-command. Longrack stood plaintively behind him. They were much uneasy. ?That?s horrible! Those ssssslimes can?t possibly have??

?But what is it?? I said, vexed.

?It?ssss? a device that allowssss one to travel into subspace, thereby having access to any weapon or massss stored there. Sssome say it even can store data in Cerebro circuits. If the Predacons have thisss device??

?Then we?re doomed,? said Longrack simply. ?We must get it before they use it to capture this planet.?

K-9 and Wolfang entered through the makeshift doors, looking quite beaten up. ?They have Polar Claw,? K-9 said. ?There was nothing we would have done.?

?I?m sorry?? I said, bowing deeply. ?It was my fault. I should?ve??
?No worriesss, Silverbolt,? said Cohrada with a sigh that said quite the opposite. ?You are new to the job. But we have little time to rest. We must call Hardhead back from his patrolsss and commence a ssstrike on that Predacon base.?

?What?s the matter?? Wolfang said.

?They have a Deto device,? Longrack said, holding nothing back. A morbid silence ensued. But it was almost a humorous one: one that said, ?it?s stupid that we?re even still alive.? But I was indignant.

?How did they know we would attack the boiler room?? I said. ?Something is seriously wrong here. They must have gotten a tip from someone.?

An even more humorously morbid silence ensued. ?Well if you?re so sure of that,? Wolfang said, ?how do we know you?re not the spy?? He flounced up to me, and stuck his weapon into my chin.

?Easy,? Cohrada said. ?Easy. I trust Silverbolt. Polar Claw did as well. We must patch communications with Headstrong.?

He walked up to the computer interface, a morose expression on his face. I knew it was on account of me. He patched communications with Headstrong. ?Headstrong,? he said with a sigh, ?how are the sector seven ruins? Any sign of the Predacons there??

?No, sir,? he said with a grunt. ?Nothing. Looks like they flew the coop. Who knows why they were here in the first place.? I picked up a subtle facetiousness in his voice. I didn?t know why; I didn?t bring it up.

?Right,? Cohrada said. ?We need you back at the base. We have to bring the Predacons down. They have a Deto Device.?

?Oh really?? Headstrong said. ?That?s troubling. I?m on my way!?

The communications ended. ?Get ready, Maximals,? Cohrada said, loading his particle gun. ?There isss no excuse for being lax.?

__

Hours passed as we prepared weapons for the strike. Headstrong never showed. After a while, I got restless and headed outside. The starry sky lit up brightly. I had heard my Maximal compatriots speak of Cybertron, light years upon light years away from this dusty planet. I had this funny feeling, like something was creeping up on me. Like something was right behind me. Then I heard a transforming noise. Insecticon! How did the Predacons know we were?

?Die, Maximal!? cried Insecticon. He shot me in the back of the head. I whirled around, made to slice at his squishy body. Then he quickly transformed into stag beetle mode, and bustled off. Two more Predacons sauntered forth, and began to fire their weapons at me and the base. I escaped back into the face of the rock, and into the base.

?Cohrada! Longrack! The Predacons are upon us!?

?Traitor,? said Cohrada. ?You are the turncoat.? He held me in place with his snake arm. I saw Headstrong?s face on them monitor.

?What?? said Silverbolt. ?But you said you trusted me??

?Choose your words carefully, Maximal. You may want to perpetuate the fa?ade to make good your escape.?

?I?m not a traitor!? I said.

?Tell that to the Predacons outside,? said Headstrong. ?I overheard a conversation that proves the whole affair. The Predacons outside walloped the rock entrance with blasts, and in they came.

?Thank you for revealing the Maximal base, comrade,? said Snapper, blasting my actual comrades. I was flummoxed. ?You have served us well. It is too bad we have no sympathy for one such as you.? He shot me, and I flew into the distance. In the din I could not make out what happened.

__

I had not known for how long I had lie in dumb stupor, covered in the husky ruins of the rangers? hideout. Wounded, I spat my arm out of the pile of rocks scattered by the Pred?s weapons, and crawled out ever so slowly. The day was waning, the sun slowly descending into the plaintive horizon. I wished I could have helped the Maximals more. Why had they named me the traitor? What was their intention?

But I didn?t care. I had to get to a CR chamber. Badly. So I limped across the country?I couldn?t even transform or fly. In the deep of the night, I saw something that irked me?frightened me to the core. It was a sign, in the middle of the wilderness, that said: ?WANTED: Traitorous Maximal. Energon reward for whomever finds him and brings him into custody.? It bore my picture, and Cohrada?s personal insignia. I knew I was doomed then. I began to make my bedraggled journey through the countryside.

?Catch him!? Slag. It didn?t matter who they were. I was slagged. Shadowy figures moved towards me, ready to grab me and hurt me. They brandished their shaded weapons as they bounded up to me, ready to fire. An Energon reward. Had the Maximals stooped to the level of the Predacons? We were supposed to be allies in this. We were supposed to be friends, united in trust to battle the Predacons in camaraderie unmatched. But no. We had become so secluded from each other that our own personal interests took precedence over the common good of all Maximals. But right as I closed my optics, I heard a quick slice through my assaulters? chests. They fell to the ground in a slump. I looked up, and on a butte stood a formidable bot. He was no ordinary Maximal: he had an impressive build and an intense look on his face. He wielded a blade of some sort?its impressive design unlike anything I had ever seen.

?Hello friend,? he said, with a grin. ?My name is Odin. You are coming with me to Cyber City. There I expect to receive my reward.?

Oh slag. I had no desire to fight the one I had assumed to be a friend.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users