40 replies to this topic

#1 Fishbug

Fishbug

Injector has a posse

• Citizen
  • 9397 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

So last night I had this dream where I was in a store, and there were two TFs I had never seen or heard of. One was Deluxe DotM Soundwave, with green accents on his robot parts, inexplicably called "Que". Box-art was still the same, no effort made to make the toothy Decepticon maw any more benevolent-looking.

Another was "Suburban", who I guess was supposed to be Crowbar, but didn't look like him. He had a different word in every sentence of his bio bolded, and every one of them could have been his name but it was so random that I couldn't figure out which one it was supposed to be.

What kinds of toy dreams have y'all had? Which ones do you hope and pray stay figments of your imagination and never come anywhere near the shelves?

#2 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 124 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

I did actually have a dream once where I was checking the price of a new Fortress Maximus (about the size of Primus) in Universe/Generations styled packaging. Pretty detailed dream, such as the fact that it was, like I said, about Primus sized, the head turned into another robot but it was NOT a double headmaster, and there was a lot more sculpted detail on it, like adding a lot of minicon ports.

I'd love to see that in RL somehow.

#3 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4831 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Many years ago I had a dream about a teal Jetfire, which sadly I never found in real life.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#4 tec

tec

Season of the witches...Strike Witches

• Citizen
  • 15224 posts
  • Location:Second star to the right and straight on till morning.
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

Dreams about TFs...far far to many

I have a recureing dream about a fictinal city that I live in play in and alot of times I hit the retail stores looking for TFs

#5 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

.Des//tron

• Citizen
  • 22416 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

I have nightmares about the day I passed up getting the Bomber Megatron and Starscream 2 pack at Canadian tire because "megatron wasn't a jet." ... coulda had a 'thunderclash' too but nope "I was a big boy then" who'd only just bought G2 Devestator for the irony of having the disposable income to just walk in and buy all 6 Constructicons.

Spank me for the 1st of only 2 times in my life BAW... I'll show you parents... 'can't get them all. pick one HA!'

yeah should'a got the ones at Canadian tire instead of the Woolworth's going out of business sale 3 dollar constructicons

icon-screamer.gif

Edited by Destron D-69, 23 December 2011 - 05:36 PM.

Going back to our regular bi-weekly schedule
Can newer newbs be found? Will the old newbs return? Find out in November!

#6 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 2192 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

Coincidentally, just the other night I had a dream that I was watching a new Transformers movie on the big screen. It was set between Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon.

I'm not sure if that counts as a nightmare or not.
TFWiki.net - The Transformers Wiki: more comprehensive than Teletraan I, longer lasting than Teletraan II, not as violent as Teletraan 10.
Follow the Transformers Wiki on Twitter!

#7 Fishbug

Fishbug

Injector has a posse

• Citizen
  • 9397 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

Had the latest in a long series of "finding knockoffs amidst the real things" dreams. Movie Starscream with Prime Starscream's proportions, and a "Prime" Skywarp who was Movie Starscream with Stealth Iron Man's colors.

#8 Naas

Naas

ORAORAORA

• Citizen
  • 5175 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(Destron D-69 @ Dec 24 2011, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have nightmares about the day I passed up getting the Bomber Megatron and Starscream 2 pack at Canadian tire because "megatron wasn't a jet." ... coulda had a 'thunderclash' too but nope "I was a big boy then" who'd only just bought G2 Devestator for the irony of having the disposable income to just walk in and buy all 6 Constructicons.

Spank me for the 1st of only 2 times in my life BAW... I'll show you parents... 'can't get them all. pick one HA!'

yeah should'a got the ones at Canadian tire instead of the Woolworth's going out of business sale 3 dollar constructicons

icon-screamer.gif

Wait, what Bomber Megatron and Starscream set?

DOES SAYAKA SAYAKA JOJO SWORDS POSING ARCHER BLADE WORKS SOMETHING ME?

#9 Skullgrin2014

Skullgrin2014
  • Citizen
  • 2284 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

Unicron eating the earth. Me floating on a piece of earths topography. Into the dead cold of space. icon-bee.gif.

Then....

ouch... wakey, wakey...

Now I know what the Lithone experience was like.

#10 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32088 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

I dreamed last night of a super awesome triple changer Megatron. One mode was a tank, one was a badass robot, and one was an artillery truck.

#11 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32088 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

I dreamed last night of a super awesome triple changer Megatron. One mode was a tank, one was a badass robot, and one was an artillery truck.

#12 Kickstrike

Kickstrike

Surrounded by crazy people

• Citizen
  • 14317 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

I once dreamt of a Deluxe F-22 Classics Starscream with a wing sword like Armada Starscream, but he had Prime Starscream-ish colors.

I also dreamt of a Samurai prowl toy before it was even announced, and dreamt of a Lugnut Supreme-like toy before the finale of TFA.
Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#13 tigerhawk

tigerhawk
  • Citizen
  • 4751 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:16 AM

I dreamt of power core combiner Soundwave where Ravage becomes the body, Rumble/Frenzy and Laserbeak/Buzzsaw become the legs, then after that comes Soundblaster where Ratbat is the body, Slugfest, Overkill, Squawktalk and Beastbox become limbs.

"Do not be led by others, awaken your own mind, amass your own experience, and decide for yourself your own path." -The Atharva Veda

#14 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

.Des//tron

• Citizen
  • 22416 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

This one... Clear memories of walking right past both this and Thunderclash Prime, don't know what the deal was- how they got there... but I know I picked up Megatron and Starscream and said ...Nope This is not something Megatron would do with Starscream. and then Picking up the thunderclash box and looking -for a long time- at the box art, and I remember thinking "who are they trying to fool with this? there is no Way that Cab section turns into that robot.

#15 Naas

Naas

ORAORAORA

• Citizen
  • 5175 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

^ Wait, you walked past a set that was supposedly never released? And they were in a retail store? What?

I'm confused here. icon-depth.gif

Edited by Item42, 26 December 2011 - 10:44 AM.

DOES SAYAKA SAYAKA JOJO SWORDS POSING ARCHER BLADE WORKS SOMETHING ME?

#16 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

.Des//tron

• Citizen
  • 22416 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

Canada had them very briefly just like the Europeans did, like I said I never learned the particulars of how and why... but I held them both in my hands...

#17 kinjacono

kinjacono
  • Supporter
  • 295 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

A couple of years ago I dreamt I saw a new line with minimalist packaging - mostly white with black text and a little red, not unlike the MUJI Lego craft sets, that was part of a Hasbro environmental initiative.

The one I took off the peg was a Scout class Ramhorn, an Autobot packaged in alt-mode which was a bright red robotic triceratops. There was also a black and clear plastic Decepticon hovercraft.

Disappointed when I woke up, loved the packaging and Ramhorn seemed pretty cool.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kinjacono
B*S*T: Kinjacono's Buy*Sell*Trade <<<<<<< new auctions on eBay 13/02/2012

#18 B-Fox

B-Fox
  • Citizen
  • 149 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

I constantly dream about finding BW and Universe stuff on the racks alongside whatever the current line is, gathering the ones I want and heading to the register only to wake up.

Dreamt of a carded Basic-sized Optimus Primal and a Voyagers BM Silverbolt once and pretty sure there was a new Nightbeat and Scorponok in there, too.

Edited by B-Fox, 29 December 2011 - 06:27 PM.

Exterminate All Rational Thought

#19 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32088 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

I do the same, Fox!

#20 tec

tec

Season of the witches...Strike Witches

• Citizen
  • 15224 posts
  • Location:Second star to the right and straight on till morning.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:16 AM

Ok I just woke up in total fustration cos of a dream the story

Ok I was shoping online for Fs and came to a mom and pop online toy store where there when tons of lose G1s but I dint order anything but I noticed they talk about a connetor for the MM combiners like Six Turbo that allowed the random guy pluged in the back to be placed better
And that certan stored where still selling the connector so off I went to serch
Fast forward and I guess the serch was still on and I was at a newly hugey remodeled covenance store known around heres as Buc'ees and they sometime carry toys so I went looking but there toy section had moved and well I had managed to get to look in the back room
And come to find out they where a distrabution node for a lot of online retailers
Includeing the online mom and pop toy shop there was a section of shelf crammed with G1s
The firs I spoted was a Rodimus but I went digging but a lot of it I already owned
Now fustration sets in....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users