10 replies to this topic

#1 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 5334 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

In musing on Exiles, I've started to wonder whether it might be interesting to have a fuller governing body of Cybertronian society, with more specialized roles based on the passing of the artifacts of the Thirteen.

Prime would remain the position held by a Matrix-bearer, as their authority comes from being the successors of Prima.

Magnus in my mind could be a position whose symbol of office is the hammer of Solus Prime, and their duty would be to keep the armories of Cybertron.

Alpha Trion doesn't seem to have passed his artifact on, but how interesting would it be to have a number of successors who each carried the quill and the Covenant of Primus?

I think I even see room for Nemesis as a position, as a devil's advocate whose job it is to re-examine the Prime's plans and point out their flaws. I'm not sure which of the Thirteen this one would stem from. Perhaps a position to remember the Fallen's mistakes? Maybe the spiritual successors of Amalgamous Prime?

#2 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

So the Prime is the overall leader, and the Magnus the general of the Military, since they have the authority over weaponry? Nice, and opens up the way for an unscrupulous Magnus to seize control by keeping the Prime away from any true power, like the shoguns did with the emperor of Japan.

On the Nemesis front, how I've imagined it is "Nemesis Prime" is the term for any Prime who has abused his power, like the roman tradition of damnatio memoriae, their crimes were regarded as so heinous that their names were stricken from record.

#3 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 5334 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

I think it mostly interested me in the context I described it because how much story potential is there in a Nemesis who isn't necessarily a bad guy? The idea that Cybertron's governing body needs a Nemesis because there has to be someone who can tell the Prime "no."

#4 Daytonus

Daytonus

Boring

• Retired Staff
  • 11761 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

Appointing a Devil's Advocate is an important means of preventing groupthink, so it definitely has potential. I think Amalgamous descendants would be good for this role, so perhaps there could be a high-ranking Shifter.

#5 MonsterFromMars

MonsterFromMars
  • Citizen
  • 1534 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

The fallen's role was preventing Entropy right? Dosen't that mean that they'd have to replace the fallen with someone else?

Or does it mean that his role still is preventing Entropy. Only that he's learned to use entropic factors to create weapons. Also, does this mean the Decepticons symbolize the absolutist order by force principle. And, aren't really about destruction and chaos...

Also... I'm supposing that Liege Maximo. Is basically Legion maximum. Does that mean the liege symbolizes mass expansion and colonialism?

So the question here would the liege need to be replaced? Or is his fall the cause of cybertron's stagnation?

I'm guessing the fallen and Liege Maximo are still loyal to their causes. They just chose to ignore the balance the other primes give to their roles. To the point where they went to. The sake of our purpose only and damn everything else.

Edited by MonsterFromMars, 26 November 2011 - 08:40 PM.

#6 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 5334 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

I don't think his role was preventing entropy, but overseeing it. At least if I'm recalling correctly.

#7 SteamPunk Astrotrain

SteamPunk Astrotrain
  • Citizen
  • 1026 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

You make an interesting point. It would explain why only some transformers can combine into giant gestalts, because they are the only ones descended from Nexus Prime. That was my thought, when Nexus was described in detail, in Exodus. By the same logic, most of the robots with two or more alternate modes, must have some of Amagamous Prime in them; Having some shape-shifter CNA would explain how they can do something that is impossible for most other Cybertronians.

CW "We could always force him to watch that security footage of Waspinator trying to play an accordion.
DH "Are you kidding? Waspinator couldn't play a kazoo without fragging himself!"

#8 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 5334 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

They do more or less directly state that the remaining shapeshifters among the Cybertronian population claim descent from him, yeah.

#9 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 14009 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(Daytonus @ Nov 26 2011, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Appointing a Devil's Advocate is an important means of preventing groupthink, so it definitely has potential. I think Amalgamous descendants would be good for this role, so perhaps there could be a high-ranking Shifter.

Wouldn't that more or less lead to something like the two-party system in the States, where it seems the purpose of whoever isn't in power is to keep the ones who are from getting anything done?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

R41hv4t.jpg

gNLoMUt.png

#10 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Bristleback hated you all before it was trendy.

• Citizen
  • 9414 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:50 AM

I have been working on a fanfic set in a sort of amalgamated universe called "JLC" aka "Justice League of Cybertron (obviously, an amalgamation of TFs and the DC universe). icon-hotrod.gif In this universe, the thirteen would all be TFs with a very specific role set for them by their creator - there is a Scholar, a Bastion (last line of defense), a Protector, a Keeper, a Gatherer of Knowledge, a Seer, etc... But due to a global event caused by a certain antagonistic race, all but one of them have now no memories of their former purpose, living in the general TF populace - yet, their primal programming does emerge, even if sometimes in seriously warped ways.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 28 November 2011 - 04:51 AM.

#11 Blacknife

Blacknife

Josie Beller has a sunny disposition

• Citizen
  • 4724 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

I've been attempting to write this story about government for Transformers.

It seems to me at least, that the fact of the Quintessons have enslaved the TFs will be seemingly kept as part of the overall mythos.

That TFs are so jaded about about governing systems, that they go off of a completely election based system. In effect, the civilian population wants something done, they vote to have it passed or not. Mass majority rules. Exceptions are added to laws by minority opposition to prevent abuse of the system. It acts like it's own check and balances. Trials are held by something similar to the jury selection process. There is no presiding Judge, but a jury of peers randomly selected to weigh the case against the law.

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Nov 28 2011, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been working on a fanfic set in a sort of amalgamated universe called "JLC" aka "Justice League of Cybertron (obviously, an amalgamation of TFs and the DC universe). icon-hotrod.gif In this universe, the thirteen would all be TFs with a very specific role set for them by their creator - there is a Scholar, a Bastion (last line of defense), a Protector, a Keeper, a Gatherer of Knowledge, a Seer, etc... But due to a global event caused by a certain antagonistic race, all but one of them have now no memories of their former purpose, living in the general TF populace - yet, their primal programming does emerge, even if sometimes in seriously warped ways.

BB, you and I need to have a nice friendly chat at some point...

Because, I've been wanting to do DC: Transformed like ever since the rumors of DC entertaining the TF license was circulated and created a stir.

DC: Transformed being a full fledged Transformer/DC fanfic group of titles {short story fanfics released like "issues" of a comic, each centered on the characters of the title.}.

And yes, I've done this kind of thing before icon-fire.gif.

Edited by Blacknife, 29 November 2011 - 04:56 PM.

Marvel Universe: Transformed Still in it's #80 in a four issue limited series phase.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users