Entertainment Earth

Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 July 2016 - 12:08 PM)

Osmosis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 July 2016 - 11:09 AM)

Mayhem is, somewhat ironically, one of the least random parts of the board. I really don't know how that happened.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 July 2016 - 06:34 AM)

Not even close.

@  MEDdMI : (25 July 2016 - 05:51 AM)

What, Mayhem isn't random enough???

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 July 2016 - 04:02 AM)

This place never feels random enough in that respect.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 July 2016 - 02:10 AM)

I thought that was snarking at random strangers without fear of retribution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 July 2016 - 07:22 PM)

Topic-specific threads are the main feature of messageboards like this, you know.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 July 2016 - 07:21 PM)

You should ask that in the TFWiki thread.

@  tffan01 : (24 July 2016 - 07:21 PM)

watch?v=94l4qCKMYZ0  

@  tffan01 : (24 July 2016 - 07:18 PM)

there's a pewdiepie video promoting Transformers Earth Wars and it is an official promotion video, does this mean he should get a tfwiki page?

@  ▲ndrusi : (24 July 2016 - 07:01 PM)

I thought King Kong '05 was pretty great! I just wish I hadn't watched it as a double feature with that movie about the island with the giant bugs.

@  tffan01 : (24 July 2016 - 04:46 PM)

yeah it was long as hell, it took me several days to finish it.

@  Paladin : (24 July 2016 - 11:58 AM)

maybe this new one won't take half a day to watch all the way through...

@  tffan01 : (24 July 2016 - 11:00 AM)

I believe this new Kong movie will not be as good as the 2005 one.

@  Pennpenn : (24 July 2016 - 08:52 AM)

You'd figure something like that would get a pass, some kind of grandfather clause since the name is already intractably established.

@  Paladin : (24 July 2016 - 08:15 AM)

"DS-1 Orbital Battle Station." That's the official classification...

@  Bass X0 : (24 July 2016 - 08:04 AM)

now that Hasbro can't use the word "Death" on the packaging of their toys, what will they call the Death Star?

@  Whirl Maximus : (24 July 2016 - 07:44 AM)

It's in the comic con trailer and seems like a hideous waste. I guess the show makers have no reverence for Doctor Who like they do Star Trek.

@  Bass X0 : (24 July 2016 - 04:20 AM)

Which is the height of quality for Family Guy jokes...

@  Whirl Maximus : (24 July 2016 - 04:00 AM)

David Tennent has done a cutaway for Family Guy. Don't get to excited it was a fart joke.

@  Broadside : (23 July 2016 - 03:17 PM)

"Micronauts: Starring psychic Peter Quill and E123-Omega".

@  Broadside : (23 July 2016 - 03:16 PM)

Ooh, sounds neat.

@  Sockie : (23 July 2016 - 01:16 PM)

Yeah, the first was definitely the weakest of the three. Really looking forward to the next issue; judging by the preview for it, it's delving into Karza and Shazraella's past and Microspace's exact political situation.

@  Broadside : (23 July 2016 - 01:11 PM)

I was ambivalent about the first issue, but the quality stepped up in the second and again in the third.

@  Sockie : (23 July 2016 - 10:37 AM)

And yes, Micronauts is great! I enjoyed the first three issues quite a lot.

@  Sockie : (23 July 2016 - 10:36 AM)

Cave Carson looks really cool as well, so I can't be too saddened about that.

@  Broadside : (23 July 2016 - 06:29 AM)

I ended up checking it out, and it's pretty damn neat.

@  Broadside : (23 July 2016 - 06:28 AM)

So. Micronauts, huh?

@  Maruten : (23 July 2016 - 03:49 AM)

Oh, it's only backups in "Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye". Still. Onboard.

@  Maruten : (23 July 2016 - 03:44 AM)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

@  Maruten : (23 July 2016 - 03:43 AM)

I didn't think I was interested but OH DEAR GOD WONDER TWINS yesssssssss

@  Sockie : (22 July 2016 - 08:29 PM)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/superpowers-b18fd.jpg

@  Sockie : (22 July 2016 - 08:26 PM)

Oh man, Tom Scioli's next project is a DC superhero one. Superb!

@  siccoyote : (22 July 2016 - 06:40 PM)

Feeling left out?

@  Arthur Burlo : (22 July 2016 - 06:11 PM)

"about time" ???????????????????? :(

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2016 - 05:08 PM)

There was a shooting near a shopping mall in Munich, currently eight or nine people are dead. Three suspects, still at large.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2016 - 05:07 PM)

About time...

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2016 - 05:07 PM)

So now it's Germany's turn to be the target of what appears to be aterrorist attack.

@  Nutjob R/T : (22 July 2016 - 02:44 PM)

Which is kinda... I preordered the new VF-2ss, and then before it shipped there was the exclusive version with the SAP pack that was only open for two days of orders. And then I got the naked VF2ss and it's... Not... Good.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 July 2016 - 12:18 AM)

Yeah, Japanese online sellers seem to take it very seriously, in my experience. When you commit to something, it's expected that you follow through on it, and cancelled transactions seem to be frowned upon. However, I've never dealt with more courteous or considerate sellers than those in Japan; some have even enclosed a small gift item in the package on occasion.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 July 2016 - 03:44 PM)

Nothing really happened, I just got an email saying I shouldn't do that.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 July 2016 - 03:43 PM)

But I ended up buying it later since it got delayed.

@  Bass X0 : (21 July 2016 - 03:43 PM)

and what did they do?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 July 2016 - 03:42 PM)

I've cancelled something with them once.

@  Nutjob R/T : (21 July 2016 - 03:27 PM)

AmiAmi is nice but if you preorder you gotta friggin' MEAN it

@  Dracula : (21 July 2016 - 03:17 PM)

Yep, I ordered a bunch of Gundam kits from them earlier this year. The shipping was high but I had to do EMS due to the weight of the package

@  Bass X0 : (21 July 2016 - 03:09 PM)

and amiami is a reputable site? this is the first time i'm using them.

@  Dracula : (21 July 2016 - 02:56 PM)

Oh! Nice. I guess I thought SAL was always untracked.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 July 2016 - 01:39 PM)

Registered means it has tracking.

@  Dracula : (21 July 2016 - 01:26 PM)

Yeah it's just slower and doesn't have tracking...usually the best economic option

Photo

Omega Guardians Membership

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 3238 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(Ursa Magnus @ Nov 15 2011, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT: Ah, wait. I see him in the Insert Coin section. Judging by his appearance, is he a Nightwing-esque kind of guy? Bat-gadgets and the like?

Yep, pretty much gadgets he makes himself. He doesn't have super-strength or anything. His "super-power" I guess is that sponge-like adaptability power.

--SoS

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#22 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9170 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(Strike @ Nov 15 2011, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I'm at it. Might as well show the updated art for Osprey.

NICE! Very pulp 1930's-40s hero vibe. Phantom Reporter, Mister E, Crimson Avenger and the like.

#23 Strike

Strike
  • Citizen
  • 243 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

Exactly!!

my artist friend did this in the Bruce Timm-style of Batman: The Animated Series. One episode specifically, guest starring the best batman, next to Kevin Conroy. Mister Adam West himself!

The episode I speak of? "Beware The Gray Ghost"!!

I LOVE that episode, it is perhaps my favorite one.

While this IS just a sketch Osprey's colors are taken directly from the North American Osprey itself.
as seen here::

So, that band across the eyes? his mask is that color. The wings? Osprey's cape is the same. Et Cetera ^^

Edit:: ooh, I DO hope this pic isn't TOO big o.o

Edited by Strike, 15 November 2011 - 11:37 PM.

Transformers: Another Universe
Universal Stream Designator: Primax 509.21 Iota

#24 Detour

Detour

People.... What a bunch of bastards!

• Supporter
  • 19420 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

Okay, Osprey is hugging awesome. The stylish suit, the bird-feathers-cape, the feathered hat and the bird-beaked domino mask?
I mean that's just some epic freaking awesomeness right there.

QUOTE(SoS @ Nov 15 2011, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Solaredge

Abilities:
- Genius-level Intellect
- Photographic Memory
- Martial Arts Adaptability (able to learn any form of fighting style)

His personality is a mixture of Batman and Spider-Man.

Few criticisms there:
For someone with the word "solar" in his name, he is very, very dark.
Also, I hate hate hate hate hate these "learn anything" types as heroes. It's a trope that works for a villain, like Taskmaster, because it makes a challenge for the hero, but when you slap it on a hero, like GIJoe's Agent Helix, it results in a god-moder.

Edited by Detour, 16 November 2011 - 01:52 AM.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#25 Strike

Strike
  • Citizen
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE(Detour @ Nov 16 2011, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, Osprey is hugging awesome. The stylish suit, the bird-feathers-cape, the feathered hat and the bird-beaked domino mask?
I mean that's just some epic freaking awesomeness right there.

Thanks Detour!! I'm really liking this version of the costume. It also fits since the others in The UnOrthodox also wear 'street clothes' as their costumes.

As you can figure, Osprey is a gadget user ^_^

He's... a sort of young batman from batman: brave and the bold. a little over the top, a little hammy. He recognizes the craziness of fighting crime in a cosutme, especially with no powers. So he has fun with it!

Ahh... was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on how to write a good bio for him. I didn't want to make it like "superhero encyclopedia" long but... I do want to go in-depth, you know?

#26 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 19420 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(Strike @ Nov 16 2011, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's... a sort of young batman from batman: brave and the bold. a little over the top, a little hammy. He recognizes the craziness of fighting crime in a cosutme, especially with no powers. So he has fun with it!

The awesome keeps piling up.

Ahh... was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on how to write a good bio for him. I didn't want to make it like "superhero encyclopedia" long but... I do want to go in-depth, you know?

Lord I wish I could help you there. Every time I try to write a bio it feels like I'm either prattling on needlessly or layering purple prose over purple prose or glossing over more important details or just plain old using the wrong words. It's why only BT has a bio, and even then I'm not satisfied with it.

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#27 CORVUS

CORVUS

Can you hear the thunder thatís breaking?

• Supporter
  • 30620 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

Osprey is indeed awesome. Great design and a great name too.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

card_grandmaximus.jpg

#28 Strike

Strike
  • Citizen
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Detour @ Nov 16 2011, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Strike @ Nov 16 2011, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The awesome keeps piling up.

Lord I wish I could help you there. Every time I try to write a bio it feels like I'm either prattling on needlessly or layering purple prose over purple prose or glossing over more important details or just plain old using the wrong words. It's why only BT has a bio, and even then I'm not satisfied with it.

Thank you! And I TOTALLY know where you're coming from Detour. I just have so many ideas since I've been working on the group of characters Osprey runs around with since I was in High School. The UnOrthodox are very close to my heart, so I'm loving the fact the artist friend who drew pulp-osprey is willing to do a comic! Finally I shall be published in some form or another!!

If you want, maybe I could look your attempts for BT's bio over? I find it helps to have a sounding board/beta-reader/whatever

QUOTE(^0^CORVUS^o^ @ Nov 16 2011, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Osprey is indeed awesome. Great design and a great name too.

Thanks Corvus!

You should love him even more when I say that Osprey's -dad- was a masked hero too. By the name of Corvus.

Corvus was, in fact, the inspiration for Osprey's costume. Osprey had no idea he was using his dad for inspiration.

Fun fact! Osprey's mom is also a former hero, by the name of Valkyrie.

as I told SmokedToast when I was first telling him about Osprey. "Osprey is sorta like "what if Bruce Wayne and Princess Diana married and had a kid, and that kid was Dick Grayson". That's Osprey for ya" ^^

I do hope I'm not rambling. I'm just very ... excited, or energetic... to get back into the superhero-ing thing

Edited by Strike, 16 November 2011 - 08:33 PM.

#29 SmokedToast

SmokedToast

Just your friendly neighborhood Ally!

• Citizen
  • 1757 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

I figured Ally would be an associate member in the same sense as Osprey. Technically he's also a probationary member, but with the creation of the dead enders and the responsibilities that got put on him... lol... icon-hotrod.gif
That reminds me, I should rewrite his revised bio now. It's... changed around a bit, a little less golden age as his former one had been.

Yes, I'm working with those sort of sprites now. :p

#30 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 3238 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(Detour @ Nov 16 2011, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(SoS @ Nov 15 2011, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Solaredge

Abilities:
- Genius-level Intellect
- Photographic Memory
- Martial Arts Adaptability (able to learn any form of fighting style)

His personality is a mixture of Batman and Spider-Man.

Few criticisms there:
For someone with the word "solar" in his name, he is very, very dark.
Also, I hate hate hate hate hate these "learn anything" types as heroes. It's a trope that works for a villain, like Taskmaster, because it makes a challenge for the hero, but when you slap it on a hero, like GIJoe's Agent Helix, it results in a god-moder.

I'll agree to the criticisms, I created this character when I was in elementary school and really haven't worked on him since. I originally had named him Sombra (Shadow), then changed it to Solo. Heck I only slapped the name Solaredge because I was unable to use his original name on the DCUO game.

His profile and abilities are not set in stone, like I said I created that guy in elementary school. The last piece of drawing I have for him is from probably from middle school. So I'm open for any advise and ideas you guys, who have been doing this more frequently and far longer than I, to help me flex him out.

--SoS

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#31 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 3238 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

Ursa, just wanted to let you know I went ahead and created the Omega Guardians on Star Wars: The Old Republic as well. Didn't want non-Allspark members snatching up the name. icon-hotrod.gif

--SoS

#32 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9170 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

icon-ironhide.gif

#33 Noprobsrobs

Noprobsrobs

STILL THE BEST 1973

• Supporter
  • 2837 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:01 AM

Maybe Galvat can be considered an associate member?

#34 Mewberry Cake

Mewberry Cake

HAI GAIZ

• Citizen
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:23 AM

I... have no idea. From the way things seem to be headed, Pulse is liable to end up either joining The Show or remaining more or less solo... she's also my only superhero right now. Not that I don't have ideas, but there's so many awesome heroes that it's hard not to step on people's toes. icon-wildride.gif

#35 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1329 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:40 AM

nonsense, put your ideas out there and see what happens icon-hotrod.gif
'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'
Lilwall.net

#36 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 19420 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(SoS @ Nov 16 2011, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll agree to the criticisms, I created this character when I was in elementary school and really haven't worked on him since. I originally had named him Sombra (Shadow), then changed it to Solo. Heck I only slapped the name Solaredge because I was unable to use his original name on the DCUO game.

His profile and abilities are not set in stone, like I said I created that guy in elementary school. The last piece of drawing I have for him is from probably from middle school. So I'm open for any advise and ideas you guys, who have been doing this more frequently and far longer than I, to help me flex him out.

Well, feel free to hit me up on PM, AIM or MSN and I'll be more than happy to help you flesh him out.

#37 Strike

Strike
  • Citizen
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(Mewberry Cake @ Nov 26 2011, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I... have no idea. From the way things seem to be headed, Pulse is liable to end up either joining The Show or remaining more or less solo... she's also my only superhero right now. Not that I don't have ideas, but there's so many awesome heroes that it's hard not to step on people's toes. icon-wildride.gif

well, it's hard NOT to be awesome when you have Osprey's sense of style when it comes to one's crime fighting attired XD

seriously though, I love Pulse. She's a fun character, I love her background! Don't sell yourself short!!

I also agree with Admiral Lilwall! If you got more ideas, share them! We're friends here, if you need help with a half-baked idea... we'll help fully bake it!!

Edited by Strike, 28 November 2011 - 07:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users