36 replies to this topic

#21 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 2572 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(Ursa Magnus @ Nov 15 2011, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT: Ah, wait. I see him in the Insert Coin section. Judging by his appearance, is he a Nightwing-esque kind of guy? Bat-gadgets and the like?

Yep, pretty much gadgets he makes himself. He doesn't have super-strength or anything. His "super-power" I guess is that sponge-like adaptability power.

--SoS
3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#22 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

I... beg your pardon?

• Retired Staff
  • 8769 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(Strike @ Nov 15 2011, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I'm at it. Might as well show the updated art for Osprey.

NICE! Very pulp 1930's-40s hero vibe. Phantom Reporter, Mister E, Crimson Avenger and the like.

#23 Strike

Strike
  • Citizen
  • 243 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

Exactly!!

my artist friend did this in the Bruce Timm-style of Batman: The Animated Series. One episode specifically, guest starring the best batman, next to Kevin Conroy. Mister Adam West himself!

The episode I speak of? "Beware The Gray Ghost"!!

I LOVE that episode, it is perhaps my favorite one.

While this IS just a sketch Osprey's colors are taken directly from the North American Osprey itself.
as seen here::

So, that band across the eyes? his mask is that color. The wings? Osprey's cape is the same. Et Cetera ^^

Edit:: ooh, I DO hope this pic isn't TOO big o.o

Edited by Strike, 15 November 2011 - 11:37 PM.

Transformers: Another Universe
Universal Stream Designator: Primax 509.21 Iota

#24 Detour

Detour

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Supporter
  • 17742 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

Okay, Osprey is hugging awesome. The stylish suit, the bird-feathers-cape, the feathered hat and the bird-beaked domino mask?
I mean that's just some epic freaking awesomeness right there.

QUOTE(SoS @ Nov 15 2011, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Solaredge

Abilities:
- Genius-level Intellect
- Photographic Memory
- Martial Arts Adaptability (able to learn any form of fighting style)

His personality is a mixture of Batman and Spider-Man.

Few criticisms there:
For someone with the word "solar" in his name, he is very, very dark.
Also, I hate hate hate hate hate these "learn anything" types as heroes. It's a trope that works for a villain, like Taskmaster, because it makes a challenge for the hero, but when you slap it on a hero, like GIJoe's Agent Helix, it results in a god-moder.

Edited by Detour, 16 November 2011 - 01:52 AM.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#25 Strike

Strike
  • Citizen
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE(Detour @ Nov 16 2011, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, Osprey is hugging awesome. The stylish suit, the bird-feathers-cape, the feathered hat and the bird-beaked domino mask?
I mean that's just some epic freaking awesomeness right there.

Thanks Detour!! I'm really liking this version of the costume. It also fits since the others in The UnOrthodox also wear 'street clothes' as their costumes.

As you can figure, Osprey is a gadget user ^_^

He's... a sort of young batman from batman: brave and the bold. a little over the top, a little hammy. He recognizes the craziness of fighting crime in a cosutme, especially with no powers. So he has fun with it!

Ahh... was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on how to write a good bio for him. I didn't want to make it like "superhero encyclopedia" long but... I do want to go in-depth, you know?

#26 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 17742 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(Strike @ Nov 16 2011, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's... a sort of young batman from batman: brave and the bold. a little over the top, a little hammy. He recognizes the craziness of fighting crime in a cosutme, especially with no powers. So he has fun with it!

The awesome keeps piling up.

Ahh... was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on how to write a good bio for him. I didn't want to make it like "superhero encyclopedia" long but... I do want to go in-depth, you know?

Lord I wish I could help you there. Every time I try to write a bio it feels like I'm either prattling on needlessly or layering purple prose over purple prose or glossing over more important details or just plain old using the wrong words. It's why only BT has a bio, and even then I'm not satisfied with it.

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#27 CORVUS

CORVUS

It's always sunny in Heliopolis!

• Supporter
  • 28934 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

Osprey is indeed awesome. Great design and a great name too.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#28 Strike

Strike
  • Citizen
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Detour @ Nov 16 2011, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Strike @ Nov 16 2011, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The awesome keeps piling up.

Lord I wish I could help you there. Every time I try to write a bio it feels like I'm either prattling on needlessly or layering purple prose over purple prose or glossing over more important details or just plain old using the wrong words. It's why only BT has a bio, and even then I'm not satisfied with it.

Thank you! And I TOTALLY know where you're coming from Detour. I just have so many ideas since I've been working on the group of characters Osprey runs around with since I was in High School. The UnOrthodox are very close to my heart, so I'm loving the fact the artist friend who drew pulp-osprey is willing to do a comic! Finally I shall be published in some form or another!!

If you want, maybe I could look your attempts for BT's bio over? I find it helps to have a sounding board/beta-reader/whatever

QUOTE(^0^CORVUS^o^ @ Nov 16 2011, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Osprey is indeed awesome. Great design and a great name too.

Thanks Corvus!

You should love him even more when I say that Osprey's -dad- was a masked hero too. By the name of Corvus.

Corvus was, in fact, the inspiration for Osprey's costume. Osprey had no idea he was using his dad for inspiration.

Fun fact! Osprey's mom is also a former hero, by the name of Valkyrie.

as I told SmokedToast when I was first telling him about Osprey. "Osprey is sorta like "what if Bruce Wayne and Princess Diana married and had a kid, and that kid was Dick Grayson". That's Osprey for ya" ^^

I do hope I'm not rambling. I'm just very ... excited, or energetic... to get back into the superhero-ing thing

Edited by Strike, 16 November 2011 - 08:33 PM.

#29 SmokedToast

SmokedToast

Just your friendly neighborhood Ally!

• Citizen
  • 1699 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

I figured Ally would be an associate member in the same sense as Osprey. Technically he's also a probationary member, but with the creation of the dead enders and the responsibilities that got put on him... lol... icon-hotrod.gif
That reminds me, I should rewrite his revised bio now. It's... changed around a bit, a little less golden age as his former one had been.

Yes, I'm working with those sort of sprites now. :p

#30 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 2572 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(Detour @ Nov 16 2011, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(SoS @ Nov 15 2011, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Solaredge

Abilities:
- Genius-level Intellect
- Photographic Memory
- Martial Arts Adaptability (able to learn any form of fighting style)

His personality is a mixture of Batman and Spider-Man.

Few criticisms there:
For someone with the word "solar" in his name, he is very, very dark.
Also, I hate hate hate hate hate these "learn anything" types as heroes. It's a trope that works for a villain, like Taskmaster, because it makes a challenge for the hero, but when you slap it on a hero, like GIJoe's Agent Helix, it results in a god-moder.

I'll agree to the criticisms, I created this character when I was in elementary school and really haven't worked on him since. I originally had named him Sombra (Shadow), then changed it to Solo. Heck I only slapped the name Solaredge because I was unable to use his original name on the DCUO game.

His profile and abilities are not set in stone, like I said I created that guy in elementary school. The last piece of drawing I have for him is from probably from middle school. So I'm open for any advise and ideas you guys, who have been doing this more frequently and far longer than I, to help me flex him out.

--SoS
3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#31 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 2572 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

Ursa, just wanted to let you know I went ahead and created the Omega Guardians on Star Wars: The Old Republic as well. Didn't want non-Allspark members snatching up the name. icon-hotrod.gif

--SoS

#32 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

I... beg your pardon?

• Retired Staff
  • 8769 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

icon-ironhide.gif

#33 Noprobsrobs

Noprobsrobs

STILL THE BEST 1973

• Citizen
  • 2761 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:01 AM

Maybe Galvat can be considered an associate member?

#34 Mewberry Cake

Mewberry Cake

HAI GAIZ

• Citizen
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:23 AM

I... have no idea. From the way things seem to be headed, Pulse is liable to end up either joining The Show or remaining more or less solo... she's also my only superhero right now. Not that I don't have ideas, but there's so many awesome heroes that it's hard not to step on people's toes. icon-wildride.gif

#35 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1319 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:40 AM

nonsense, put your ideas out there and see what happens icon-hotrod.gif
'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'
Lilwall.net

#36 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 17742 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(SoS @ Nov 16 2011, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll agree to the criticisms, I created this character when I was in elementary school and really haven't worked on him since. I originally had named him Sombra (Shadow), then changed it to Solo. Heck I only slapped the name Solaredge because I was unable to use his original name on the DCUO game.

His profile and abilities are not set in stone, like I said I created that guy in elementary school. The last piece of drawing I have for him is from probably from middle school. So I'm open for any advise and ideas you guys, who have been doing this more frequently and far longer than I, to help me flex him out.

Well, feel free to hit me up on PM, AIM or MSN and I'll be more than happy to help you flesh him out.

#37 Strike

Strike
  • Citizen
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(Mewberry Cake @ Nov 26 2011, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I... have no idea. From the way things seem to be headed, Pulse is liable to end up either joining The Show or remaining more or less solo... she's also my only superhero right now. Not that I don't have ideas, but there's so many awesome heroes that it's hard not to step on people's toes. icon-wildride.gif

well, it's hard NOT to be awesome when you have Osprey's sense of style when it comes to one's crime fighting attired XD

seriously though, I love Pulse. She's a fun character, I love her background! Don't sell yourself short!!

I also agree with Admiral Lilwall! If you got more ideas, share them! We're friends here, if you need help with a half-baked idea... we'll help fully bake it!!

Edited by Strike, 28 November 2011 - 07:13 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users