26 replies to this topic

#1 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14042 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

I have a lot of Transformers. Like, a whole ton. Around 500. And honestly once I stop playing with somebody, there's a good chance I'll forget about him for most of the year beyond having him decorate my room. So to make sure all my toys receive the attention they desire, last year I went through and Transformed all of them into their alternate modes by New Years. This is fun and occasionally frustrating and progressively more difficult each year, especially now that I have Kre-Os. I'm a little tempted to film the whole thing since I have some sexy hands.

Also while I'm transforming everybody, I'm also watching Community or Arrested Development or Golden Girls. 'cause I got a pocket full of Hawthornes.

Anybody else interested in similar projects?
Woooo!

#2 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12233 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

If 99% of my collectionm wasn't in storage, this would still be a way too time consuming project.

I do tend to transform them all on occasion, but spread out over a year or two instead of a month.

#3 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 6905 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

I should probably just count my collection. People always ask me how many Transformers I have, and I don't have a good answer.
I have signatures disabled because they suck.

#4 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 46269 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

If any part of my collection gets ignored for that long I either sell it or it for parts.
15701410048_b3857042e0_o.jpg

#5 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

I have a Magmatron so, no.

I'm not a fan of voting on peoples posts. it just seems very passive aggressive to click 'down vote' and not add anything to the thread. and up votes are exactly the same. to my mind the whole point of a forum is discussion and being able to just easily agree or disagree takes the discussion out of the equation.

#6 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 32235 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(Smitty @ Nov 12 2011, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a Magmatron so, no.

I didn't know someone had already won the thread before I walked in. That's not fair.

=-=-=

I could probably do them all in a month. But I have other things I have to do in December too.

Edit - Assuming that I sleep 8 hours every day in December and only work 40 hours a week (which is a ridiculous assumption right there), that would give me about 12 minutes per bot. Beast Wars and minibots and minispies and Playskool gobots and Actionmasters would give me a good head start.

Edited by Axaday, 12 November 2011 - 05:53 PM.

#7 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17287 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

I'm working three jobs and attending grad school right now.

When I get new TFs, I fiddle with them for a little bit, do up a review, and then put them in storage for the time being; there just aren't enough hours in my day to do more than that.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#8 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Rub A Dub Dub, Twelve Men In a Tub

• Supporter
  • 3415 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

I really should do something like that... too much dust is all over these guys.

0n39.png

#9 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Retired Staff
  • 19761 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

I already keep all of my TFs displayed in alt mode. I only transform them when I pick them up to play around with them, and always transform them back before I put them away.

#10 tec

tec

Its a Gundam!!!

• Citizen
  • 15336 posts
  • Location:Second star to the right and straight on till morning.
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

I just re did my G1 shelf so most of thoses went from vehical in strage to bot mode it took a week to TF everybody and to give thim there weapons and accessorys

But a good count of all my TFs seems like a great idea

sigtest1D_zpsa793aca9.jpg
When the first finger slipped on a keyboard without the tools to erase the mistake, tec was there. When the first pencil hit paper with no eraser to remove error, tec was there. When the first cave painting depicted a buffalo when it meant to show a horse, tec. was. there.
-Phage

#11 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

This feels like a thread I see on a certain evil image board from time to time. hehe

I do feel some temptation to try this. It would give me an excuse to reorganize the shelves and another round of rediscovering old favorites and culling the herd down a bit.

I did start something similar while I have been on medical leave. Sitting up in bed reading, I looked over and started trying to NAME every single transformer I could see. I had to do both real name and fanon names where I had changed them for bonus points in my head. I was doing really well as I worked through most of AEC, BW/M, but I faltered as I hit movie and some of the J-tfs. The one that did me in and made me go online to figure out was DotM Cyberverse Hatchet. That's just sad somehow. It was also sad as I passed through movie to see how many times Reverb and Ransack have been recycled of late.
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#12 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 20038 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

I've been reworking a lot of my space, which has had a similar effect.

Man, I never thought I'd have Armada Sideswipe of all toys on display. He and my loose-jointed G2 Inferno are important parts of my new Name Reuse Shrine. Well, okay, they're hidden in the back, but still.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#13 tec

tec

Its a Gundam!!!

• Citizen
  • 15336 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

I have 205 G1s on display I dint even know I had gotten over the 200 mark

When the first finger slipped on a keyboard without the tools to erase the mistake, tec was there. When the first pencil hit paper with no eraser to remove error, tec was there. When the first cave painting depicted a buffalo when it meant to show a horse, tec. was. there.
-Phage

#14 Lazy Garou

Lazy Garou

Raider of fridges, eater of food.

• Citizen
  • 3306 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Nov 12 2011, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I get new TFs, I fiddle with them for a little bit, do up a review, and then put them in storage for the time being; there just aren't enough hours in my day to do more than that.

Three jobs? that's really unusual in my area! with the scehdules bosses tend to toss employees here not counting extra hours.
A persistent predator is always alert!awake! focused! and Zzzz.....

#15 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17287 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Pony of Merak @ Nov 15 2011, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Nov 12 2011, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Three jobs? that's really unusual in my area! with the scehdules bosses tend to toss employees here not counting extra hours.

I've got a newspaper route, I run a Half.com store, and I'm registered with a slew of paid survey sites.

In a good year, the Half.com store and the survey sites will give me anywhere from 1/4th to 1/2th of my pay from the paper route.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#16 CatSCAN

CatSCAN
  • Supporter
  • 3990 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

I just recently moved and got all my Transformers back in one place again (vs having some at my parent's house and some with me wherever I was living). It took me about 2 months to get everything pulled out, transformed, databased, and on shelves. I have 563, I now know. icon-hotrod.gif So, I probably transformed about 375 of them in some way for display. That project was the most fun I've had with my Transformers in a long while. It convinced me that they're still important enough to me to keep them all.

#17 Blacknife

Blacknife

Josie Beller has a sunny disposition

• Citizen
  • 4825 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

I won't move my older TFs out of storage until I have my own place where I can put them on display...and I know said place is going to be set for at least five years...
But my pattern is pretty much get current wave, store once not current, buy new wave, repeat....

Edited by Blacknife, 15 November 2011 - 11:18 PM.

Marvel Universe: Transformed Still in it's #80 in a four issue limited series phase.

#18 tec

tec

Its a Gundam!!!

• Citizen
  • 15336 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:08 AM

well 205 TFs where stored in one 33 gallon tub and I have 3 more tubs plus a tote I know im going well over the 1000 mark

-Phage

#19 Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger
  • Supporter
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

Nice project!

With only 100+ (and very far from 200) Transformers it's not hard to change they all to alt mode and back icon-hotrod.gif
Good to remove some dust, too...

WANTED: Animated MTMTE for Botcon 2015

#20 Skullgrin2014

Skullgrin2014
  • Citizen
  • 2448 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

I've probably gone past a thousand now. But i've never really counted.

I tend to not transform them much. I tend to like just playing with them in robot mode. Although, I'll just fiddle with whatever strikes my fancy at any time.

Some of them are figures I own because I like their robot mode design. So I don't feel bad that theres a few I play less with.

I know theres characters I'll gravitate to playing with more than others. Like I'll usually fiddle with most of my Megatron and Optimus Figures from classics till now. To the point where I've actually gotten a few extras.

Mind you those are figures I want to stay in my collection till I finally get too old to really be able to keep them anymore.

If I were to sell anything I play with the least. It would be masterpiece Figures. Don't get me wrong I love them. But I don't transform or touch them for fear of breaking them. And, if my collection gets too large and dosen't have suitable space. I'll either box them or sell them. Because they might end up becoming a liability.

Especially MP Megatron whose Fragility scares me. He's more of a toy that I only own because I used to fantasize about a figure like that being made when I was in my early teenage years. It's basically something im proud to just display and hardly touch. It feels like one of those imagined dreams come to fruition type of toys. I can forgive the toys fragility and the fact that I don't fiddle with it.

It feels like your imagination from youth come true. And thats satisfying enough for me. To be worth the cost of the figure.

Edited by MonsterFromMars, 28 November 2011 - 06:05 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smolder-and-his-pal-Chopster/1497598050488573

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users