From all accounts its superb.

#162 Daytonus

Daytonus

Boring

• Retired Staff
  • 11761 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Pretty good all around. The head on the Scavenger guy sits on a kinda precarious platform, but the plastic itself is great.

#163 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Time to reopen negotiations with the wife...

I'm not a fan of voting on peoples posts. it just seems very passive aggressive to click 'down vote' and not add anything to the thread. and up votes are exactly the same. to my mind the whole point of a forum is discussion and being able to just easily agree or disagree takes the discussion out of the equation.

#164 KidTDragon

KidTDragon

Unmotivated Webcomicker

• Citizen
  • 1612 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Very nice. But I already ordered the yellow version as well as Hercules, so I'll have to pass.

Almost Comics!
When you're done laughing, visit the store!

Wii code: 3876 7890 2673 4072 (let me know if you're adding me)
XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
PS3 User ID: KidTDragon

#165 CORVUS

CORVUS

Not the one you were expecting!

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

In my case I'm glad I passed on both. This looks awesome icon-hotrod.gif

#166 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Showtime!

• Citizen
  • 21457 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

yeah I caved on Green Giant. I'm down with the preorder ...it just has everything I want in a Constructicon team

I will miss the more even distribution of green and Purple on the individual robots, but yeah Giant looks better for it.

now for the saving up for.

Edited by Destron D-69, 24 April 2012 - 06:44 PM.

Tommy,',tec,OP,Shenanigans,Destron and some other guy. Thursdays.
TOMORROW: "Jen... 'nuff said."

#167 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 26484 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

Squeeeee.... The second set is shipping from BBTS, which is the one I'm most excited about getting. Mainly for Long Haul, despite the naysayers.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#168 Daytonus

Daytonus

Boring

• Retired Staff
  • 11761 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

Long Haul looks AWESOME. Hook is a little awkward looking, though serviceable, but Long Haul? He's a bruiser like he should be.

#169 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 16992 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

After reading the reviews on this latest set...

I'm glad Herc is my primary Devastator. While there's some rough spots with a couple of the individual figures, most of those have been sorted out, and they're all sturdy, solid figures.

The Giant guys sound like they're following in the footsteps of the Battle Tanker release: nice to look at, but really awkward upon handling.

Sounds like there's all sorts of straight up design issues with the second set, that can't be fixed without going back to the drawing board. Mostly with Mobile Crane. Zero ground-clearance in vehicle mode, overly tight joints, and the crane boom is strapped to his right arm in a really awkward fashion, in a way that's far less flattering than Cybertron Mudflap or RtS Grapple. Both robot heads stick out like a sore thumb in vehicle mode, and for those of you who get all up in arms when their toys can't stand beanpole straight, then you're going to hate him because there's spring-loaded buttons on the bottom of his left foot that mean that it can never stand flat on the ground. And I've also heard that his combined form doesn't quite sit right, stressing the central hinge.

Dump Truck gets off more lightly, but has this weird thing going on where his heels don't extend down as far as his toes do, by a fairly significant margin, which makes balancing the toy more difficult than it should be. And there's some overly tight hinges on him too, to the point where they're liable to break (forcing MT to issue a statement saying that replacement parts will be coming with the third set).

Still buying these guys, though, to see for myself. Still like their individual robot modes at least. So the Herc guys get to stay as my Devastator, while these guys will be generic Construction Transformers or something.

#170 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6712 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

I would agree that while they look pretty straight forward and have nice decos, the execution of the toys have a ways to go. MakeToys themselves have a ways to go. Haven't opened my Battle Tanker yet but from all indications their releases just don't quite have the polish of official engineering like some of the other companies have accomplished.

Definitely glad I got Hercules. I still get giddy just looking at him...so big and so beautiful.
What is singature?

#171 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Showtime!

• Citizen
  • 21457 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

should all be worked out by the time hohoho ships

#172 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

I like my Maketoys Battle Tanker, but while the extra armor is easy enough to add to Prime, the bulk of the tanker is awkward to handle. I'm a little dissappointed to hear that Giant suffers some similar design problems. The bright side is that the tanker looks fantastic once you get it to the pose you want. It's getting there that's the problem.

Any chance we'll see some fixes for the (ho ho ho!)Green Giant?

#173 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

• Supporter
  • 16992 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(Alpha Omega Trion Supreme @ Apr 26 2012, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any chance we'll see some fixes for the (ho ho ho!)Green Giant?

There's some fixes coming for the yellow version. A replacement head for Giant, as well as a new front end for Dump Truck are supposed to be included in Set C to solve the most common breakage issues.

The green version may see further tolerance tweaks.

#174 Decepticon

Decepticon

GEEWUN IS ALL YOU NEED!!! ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES.

• Citizen
  • 1909 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Wow it's been years since I left Transformers as a hobby but I was at a comic convention and there was a TF dealer and I saw some stuff and I got wheeled back in by the 3rd party TFs!

The Green Giant looks amazing but I don't like the head on the yellow version. Are they are better pics of the head on the Green Giant?
My Sales Receipt for Energon Galvatron

#175 Meister79

Meister79
  • News and Content
  • 2409 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

Lots of combined mode pics!

http://bbs.78dm.net/.....;extra=page=1

#176 Daytonus

Daytonus

Boring

• Retired Staff
  • 11761 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

Scavenger and Bonecrusher weren't at all awkward to me. Scavenger's head being on a weird rotating joint is a bit worrisome, but the plastic is sturdy enough that I'm not too worried. I still haven't shipped my PoL, so I dunno about the other two, but I continue to be excited.

I always prefer robots with a dynamic look to them, like the FP Insecticons and now these guys. I think it has to do with the arrangement and types of joints for me, and on that count, the Hercules individual bots always look too stiff and too old-school boxy. The crane on Hook looks to be a little awkward, but I'm not sure it IS that much more awkward than Mudflap, who I really like. I do wish it was removable.

We'll see.

#177 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 44680 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

Such a better scale with Not-Bruticus. icon-ironhide.gif

Can't wait for the green version.

#178 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

• Supporter
  • 16992 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE(Daytonus @ May 19 2012, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The crane on Hook looks to be a little awkward, but I'm not sure it IS that much more awkward than Mudflap, who I really like. I do wish it was removable.

If you unscrew it, it's supposed to be able to stay attached fairly well, and there's a spot you can stick it on his back for storage.

It is more awkward than Mudflap and Grapple, because it can't be swung back and up. So it's either permanently sticking straight out of his arm, or sticking out perpendicular from his elbow.

#179 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Showtime!

• Citizen
  • 21457 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

I wont have him separate all that much anyway

#180 Meister79

Meister79
  • News and Content
  • 2409 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Size comparison pics

249155_363256300406983_1296932680_n.jpg
205367_363256320406981_1440803065_n.jpg
579957_363256310406982_754646940_n.jpg

Reply to this topic