SLAG-A-CON 2012

41 replies to this topic

#1 transjazz

transjazz
  • Citizen
  • 150 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:12 AM

We are happy to announce that SLAG-A-CON 2012 we be held at the Millcreek Civic Center in Chesterfield, Indiana on October 13, 2012. We cannot wait to see all the return attendees from previous years and all the new ones who have yet to come.

#2 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 5693 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(transjazz @ Nov 7 2011, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are happy to announce that SLAG-A-CON 2012 we be held at the Millcreek Civic Center in Chesterfield, Indiana on October 13, 2012. We cannot wait to see all the return attendees from previous years and all the new ones who have yet to come.

Awesome! Here's hoping I can make it three for three! icon-fire.gif
William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.

#3 transjazz

transjazz
  • Citizen
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

This may end up being a two day event....We will have to see how things progress.

#4 Daggor

Daggor

Rogue Decepticon

• Supporter
  • 2114 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

Great news!
Follow me on Twitter, why not? @dopponline

#5 Obsidian

Obsidian

Is gone.

• Citizen
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

Let's see...

Calender, check.
October, check.
The thirteenth, check.
Going to my third Slagacon, double check.

#6 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48517 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

Still think it shouldn't be on the same weekend as New York Comic Con, but I guess you guys probably don't have a lot of overlap (I just think it takes away from Slag-A-Con if you have a bigger convention with actual Hasbro Transformers presence the same weekend).

Randy

#7 Telly

Telly

Puckish Rogue

• Retired Staff
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

gonna try to make it again
When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

"It had a very sinister appearance," Coakley told reporters. "It had a battery behind it, and wires."

"It's the Avatar of video games-except it's better written"-Time magazine quote about Mass Effect 2

#8 transjazz

transjazz
  • Citizen
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Nov 8 2011, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still think it shouldn't be on the same weekend as New York Comic Con, but I guess you guys probably don't have a lot of overlap (I just think it takes away from Slag-A-Con if you have a bigger convention with actual Hasbro Transformers presence the same weekend).

Randy

Hi Randy,

We do not have any overlap because Hasbro will not come to our show. Thus far we have only had people from nine states show up to Slag-A-Con. The furthest East any attendee has came from is PA. I do not see the shows being the same weekend being an issue for now.

Chad

#9 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48517 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

Thanks for the response Chad. icon-hotrod.gif

#10 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 11123 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

Whether Hasbro is at Slagacon isn't really an issue, I think... It's that any news or coverage of the convention will be buried by Hasbro news from NYCC. Even the buildup is likely to be heavily overshadowed.

Edited by Lukeblast, 08 November 2011 - 07:12 PM.

"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#11 transjazz

transjazz
  • Citizen
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE(Lukeblast @ Nov 8 2011, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whether Hasbro is at Slagacon isn't really an issue, I think... It's that any news or coverage of the convention will be buried by Hasbro news from NYCC. Even the buildup is likely to be heavily overshadowed.

Tha is true but if we want to have a convention not covered up by some other bigger convention we would have to do it it in December, January or February which is not possible in the north. We will look into moving the shows date where it is not over shadowed by another show but remember there are a lot of conventions in the United States.

#12 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48517 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

Yeah when I mentioned not having it the same weekend I was thinking more along the lines of the week before NYCC or the week after kind of thing.

Randy

#13 transjazz

transjazz
  • Citizen
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

We have decided to do two days this year. It will be October 13 &14 2012 this year. We will have more nformation in the coming weeks with a possible special event on Friday October 12, 2012. More information will be available in the weeks ahead as the website is brought up to date.

#14 transjazz

transjazz
  • Citizen
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

THE DAY BEFORE...

SLAG-A-CON 2012 is taking a trip to the Indianapolis Children?s Museum on October 12th, 2012. They have a lifesize Bumblebee statue used in the first TF live action movie. They also have a Bumblebee style Camaro on display. They have a large assortment of TF goodness in their gift shop as well. Come and have some fun with us in October!!!

#15 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 5693 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE(transjazz @ Nov 29 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THE DAY BEFORE...

SLAG-A-CON 2012 is taking a trip to the Indianapolis Children?s Museum on October 12th, 2012. They have a lifesize Bumblebee statue used in the first TF live action movie. They also have a Bumblebee style Camaro on display. They have a large assortment of TF goodness in their gift shop as well. Come and have some fun with us in October!!!

The Camaro's been gone for a while, I'm afraid, but they've still got assorted Transformery goodness in the gift shop. Had a recent restock, in fact.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.

#16 transjazz

transjazz
  • Citizen
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

SPECIAL CHRISTMAS SALE!!!

We are going to have a Special Christmas Sale at www.slagacon.com It will be held for one week, beginning December 22nd and ending on December 28th 2011. It will be be the only time pre-registration is open until April. We are going to offer two day admission for two/thirds of the regular price. We will also offer the Day Before Trip at this special time.

Edited by transjazz, 04 December 2011 - 06:44 PM.

#17 transjazz

transjazz
  • Citizen
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

IT IS ON!!! That is right. Right now at www.slagacon.com our Special Christmas Sale has begun!!! Check it out!!!

#18 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Omega Guardians, FTW!!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8708 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

Odds are I won't be able to attend, but I'm looking forward to getting a copy of the 2012 comic. I assume that's an option again this year?

#19 transjazz

transjazz
  • Citizen
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

It will be available after the con on indyplanet.com

#20 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Citizen
  • 3961 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

Registration has now been opened for Slagacon 2012. Due to some ever-so-pleseantness from Paypal, we've switched to using WePay for this year's con. As a result, when you check out, you'll get actual tickets to print out and bring to the convention.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users