Photo
- - - - -

Your most wanted E-Hobby character update?

34 replies to this topic

Poll: Most wanted update

Which is it?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Monzo

Monzo

The Weirdest Fan Experience

• Citizen
  • 2137 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

People always bring up Detritus when talking about possible redecos of Universe Hound, but if my memories of BotCons past serve me right, he was always one of the most easily available e-HOBBY releases from convention dealers; nobody wanted him. I think he's been replaced in this capacity in recent years by Protect Black Ironhide and Emergency Green Ratchet, but it's still a pretty distinct memory for me.

#22 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

Twincast!

I'm not a fan of voting on peoples posts. it just seems very passive aggressive to click 'down vote' and not add anything to the thread. and up votes are exactly the same. to my mind the whole point of a forum is discussion and being able to just easily agree or disagree takes the discussion out of the equation.

#23 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 10869 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Nov 7 2011, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why isn't Pathfinder from Legends Cosmos on this list?
The only Legend on the list is a non-Gobot. Presumably this is Bug Bite's doing.
QUOTE(Monzo @ Nov 7 2011, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People always bring up Detritus when talking about possible redecos of Universe Hound, but if my memories of BotCons past serve me right, he was always one of the most easily available e-HOBBY releases from convention dealers; nobody wanted him.

I don't think you understand. Classics allows us to want characters no one wanted in a new format! icon-arcee.gif

I know it's an off-the-wall suggestion, but I personally want Detritus from Lockdown/Axor. Classics allows for re-imagining of some of these guys, so let's take advantage of that. I think the mold is perfect for a Junkion--the colors would be snazzy and it's even covered in Dery-spikes!
"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#24 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22680 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

My wants, In order of Priority:

Sunstorm from Classics Starscream - Not surprising to anyone, but if only one more Seeker was made it should be Sunstorm.
Detritus from Universe Hound with Howlback from Universe Ravage - More Junkions, plus a bonus of a female(?) cassette.
Road Rage from RTS Tracks - I'm always up for more femmes, though I still wish the Tracks mold didn't look so boxy.
Black Starscream from Classics Starscream - Give him a new name or recycles old name (Nightscream or Darkscream), I'm always interested in more Seekers.
Laser Magnus from RTS Laser Prime - Not my first choice for the mold (MM Overload is), but Laser Magnus would be neat, and I think it'd be fun seeing if 3rd parties make new armor for him. icon-fire.gif
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#25 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23551 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

I would have been more into the initial eHobby versions of these guys, but I wasn't even into buying the vintage G1 molds that much before Classics started, let alone after the promise of getting better molds for the characters came around. There were just newer, more fun toys at the time that were cheaper.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#26 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

There go I, but for my face.

• Forum Moderator
  • 19880 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(Monzo @ Nov 7 2011, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People always bring up Detritus when talking about possible redecos of Universe Hound, but if my memories of BotCons past serve me right, he was always one of the most easily available e-HOBBY releases from convention dealers; nobody wanted him.

But then he got to be cheap, so everybody bought him. Now we all have him, so an homage would be fun.

Also, the Hound mold is fantastic and should be repainted again.

#27 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41476 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

I say Detritus.

I've repurposed him to take Death's Head's place although he's still called Detritus, can now transform and originates from Junk. Same personality and mannerisms, yes?

#28 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 47818 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

Yeah Detritus and Overcharge (some years ago) could be bought for cheaper than the reissue they were recolored from.

Randy

#29 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 19827 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(Monzo @ Nov 7 2011, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd argue that the potential appeal of a CHUG-style figure is significantly different from that of a new-character "reissue," to the point that this isn't really relevant even though it seems like it should be. Detritus is one of the few e-Hobby guys who didn't tie themselves into one collecting Big Deal or another so as to overcome the inherent problems of being an outdated mold without "classic character" status to justify it.

Also, this Detritus would actually have other decent Junkions to hang out with.

QUOTE(Lukeblast @ Nov 7 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know it's an off-the-wall suggestion, but I personally want Detritus from Lockdown/Axor. Classics allows for re-imagining of some of these guys, so let's take advantage of that. I think the mold is perfect for a Junkion--the colors would be snazzy and it's even covered in Dery-spikes!

Oh, I like that.

Edited by ▲ndrusi, 07 November 2011 - 01:57 PM.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#30 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 46008 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Nov 7 2011, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why isn't Pathfinder from Legends Cosmos on this list?

Ohhhhh yeah. icon-wildride.gif

*added*

#31 windsweeper

windsweeper
  • Citizen
  • 1192 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

Darkscream (Black Starscream repaint)

A few more not on the list:

G2 Motormouth from Ironhide

G2 Doubleclutch from Mirage

RID REV and G2 Firecracker from Sideswipe

#32 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 10869 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE(windsweeper @ Nov 7 2011, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A few more not on the list:

Because they aren't eHobby.

But those ides are fun and I'd love to see some talk about them... I went looking for our "Suggest a Universe repaint" thread and it looks like it was culled recently. I started a new one! icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by Lukeblast, 07 November 2011 - 07:52 PM.

"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#33 Moroboshi

Moroboshi

Longtime member, sometimes lurker

• Citizen
  • 839 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Clampdown, Deep Cover...really, any use they want to put that mold to; I love it.

The below explains why Detritus and Overcharge were my only e-hobby guys for awhile! Still want a real Blitzwing for my collection...

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Nov 7 2011, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Detritus and Overcharge (some years ago) could be bought for cheaper than the reissue they were recolored from.

Randy

Edited by Moroboshi, 07 November 2011 - 07:54 PM.

#34 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22680 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

I wouldn't mind Pathfinder, but I'd prefer her in her gobot colors (Black and Silver with Red details) then the e-hobby look which, unlike most the others, isn't very different from normal Cosmos.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#35 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4729 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

It will always be Sunstorm until we get a Sunstorm.

Watch him be the attendee exclusive figure for 2012.
On them twitters

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users