Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Clone Wars Discussion Thread; All new 4 Episode Arc available online!

828 replies to this topic

#241 Dake

Dake

I can see my house from here!

• Supporter
  • 13261 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Zombie ninja witches plopping out of sarcophagi sacs at that - pretty creepy stuff and not something I thought I'd ever see in the Star Wars universe. All I can say is the clones don't know how lucky they are they didn't wind up on that planet!

I don't remember from the earlier episodes though - were those all the Nightsisters? Otherwise it seems it'd be pretty easy to just go to another enclave. Or are there only more on other planets?
PApddmT.jpg

#242 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48453 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE(Dake @ Feb 25 2012, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zombie ninja witches plopping out of sarcophagi sacs at that - pretty creepy stuff and not something I thought I'd ever see in the Star Wars universe. All I can say is the clones don't know how lucky they are they didn't wind up on that planet!

I thought the same thing on both accounts. Granted the clones would have been able to counterattack them better, but yeah who knows what the undead would have done to them. They were generally terrifying.

Also the universe needs to kick Asajj a bit more, I don't care much for her. I did like seeing her and Grievous fight. Grievous tends to lose to anyone Sith or Jedi who is above average skill/experience.

Randy

Edit: Also, how ignorant is Asajj to think that the Separatists aren't just going to storm the Night Sisters and wipe them all out.

Edited by Powered Convoy, 26 February 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#243 Gridlock

Gridlock
  • Citizen
  • 148 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hey guys, lately I've been thinkin', and this seems to be as good place as any to ask: before he created Empire, who knew that Sidious and Palpatine are one and the same? Does Dooku know?

#244 Dake

Dake

• Supporter
  • 13261 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(Gridlock @ Feb 26 2012, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys, lately I've been thinkin', and this seems to be as good place as any to ask: before he created Empire, who knew that Sidious and Palpatine are one and the same? Does Dooku know?

I'm fairly certain no one knows for sure (though the Jedi suspect something's wrong) until he reveals himself to Mace and company when they come to apprehend him in ROTS. The most Dooku knows is Sidious has "high-placed" sources within the Republic, but he doesn't realize he's a part of Palpatine's plan too.

Also, how ignorant is Asajj to think that the Separatists aren't just going to storm the Night Sisters and wipe them all out.

She says early on that she's been hiding, so she probably thought the trail had cooled enough that it would be safe for her to return to Dathomir.

Edited by Dake, 26 February 2012 - 01:28 PM.

PApddmT.jpg

#245 Daith

Daith

Hero of Makeb

• Supporter
  • 5628 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(Dake @ Feb 26 2012, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Gridlock @ Feb 26 2012, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm fairly certain no one knows for sure (though the Jedi suspect something's wrong) until he reveals himself to Mace and company when they come to apprehend him in ROTS. The most Dooku knows is Sidious has "high-placed" sources within the Republic, but he doesn't realize he's a part of Palpatine's plan too.

Actually I think Dooku is one the people who do know. He's probaly not always in both sides of Palpentines plans (ie: wanting Anakin to off and replace him) But consider that every time we have him capture Palpentine, Palpentine is never harmed, and Dooku tends to just have him on periphery just off the battlefield. Heck the look Dooku has on his face just before he dies in RotS tells you he wasn't expecting to die then and there. He knows he was betrayed and when Palpentine tells Anakin to kill him he knows how despite how deep Palpentines plans were he was now expendable.

Of course it's never confirmed but there are hints to it there. I'd find it hard for Dooku to trust Sidious completely without ever revealing his face to him. Even in the Darth Plagueis Novel they inch Dooku towards Palpentine as he leaves the order and they have very interesting discussions about how the Republic needs to be taken down and rebuilt, but Palpentine doesn't reveal his true face as Sidious to him then. Still with that there it's vary hard to even suggest Dooku has no idea the two are one and the same.

3DS Friend Code : 1633-4354-6578 Username: Daith Pokemon X - Trainer Name :Phil

#246 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48453 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

I think there is a difference of opinion as to whether Dooku knew Palpatine was Sidious or not. I got the impression he did watching RotS but now I'm not so sure.

Randy

#247 Daith

Daith

Hero of Makeb

• Supporter
  • 5628 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

About the only other person that did know both sides of Palpentine to my knowledge was Sate Pestage who is only seen as a glance in RotJ in the Death Stars throne room. Outside that he was recently outed as knowing both Sidious and Plagueis true power in the Plagueis novel. Not sure if he ever knew the full story but he knew they were manipulating the galaxy into their own plans and were force users.

#248 Dake

Dake

• Supporter
  • 13261 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(Daith @ Feb 26 2012, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually I think Dooku is one the people who do know. He's probaly not always in both sides of Palpatines plans (ie: wanting Anakin to off and replace him) But consider that every time we have him capture Palpatine, Palpatine is never harmed, and Dooku tends to just have him on periphery just off the battlefield. Heck the look Dooku has on his face just before he dies in RotS tells you he wasn't expecting to die then and there. He knows he was betrayed and when Palpatine tells Anakin to kill him he knows how despite how deep Palpatines plans were he was now expendable.

You do have a good point - the look of surprised fear in Dooku's face when Palpatine tells Anakin to lop off his head in ROTS could be taken in a couple of different ways. Either he's surprised because he knows who Palpatine is and didn't expect to be the expendable one on his team, or he thinks Palpatine really is just the chancellor and is shocked he would order his execution at the hands of the Jedi after all the talk of loathing the violence and destruction of the war.

As for Palpatine always remaining safe in Dooku's hands though, that's easier to explain. Sidious says, "Hey Dooku, go kidnap the chancellor but DO NOT HARM HIM! We'll use him get the Republic to do X or Y."
PApddmT.jpg

#249 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10498 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

That was a pretty pointless episode. Especially since we have four villains starring, with no reason or emotional investment for me to root for either of them.

Btw, doesn't this whole swamp witch origin story totally contradict Ventress' comic book origin?

And man, for nigh-invincible mystical ninjas, this clan sure went down pretty fast. Compared to their previous appearance, they seemed to have forgotten that ninjas are NOT good at full frontal assaults, you know. If they'd have scattered and let the enemy advance, they could have easily taken out Grievous, who quite stupidly marched out into the open... (he is not a Jedi, he would not sense the arrows coming...)

The whole thing felt like Lucas deciding "oh we need to wrap up this plot thread too and we have only 1.5 seasons to go..."

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 26 2012, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also the universe needs to kick Asajj a bit more, I don't care much for her. I did like seeing her and Grievous fight. Grievous tends to lose to anyone Sith or Jedi who is above average skill/experience.

Yeah, remember the Grievous who took on 6 Jedi and killed 3 of them, alone? Or who single-handedly kidnapped Palpatine?

Yeah, that never happened. Seriously, I am expecting the last episode of Season 5 to show us that Grievous accidently bumped into Palpatine in a "sinister cloaks" convention and that's where he kidnapped him from, not the senate... icon-fire.gif

Edited by BB Shockwave, 28 February 2012 - 10:58 AM.

Boo-Sig.jpg

#250 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8573 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(Dake @ Feb 25 2012, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zombie ninja witches plopping out of sarcophagi sacs at that - pretty creepy stuff and not something I thought I'd ever see in the Star Wars universe.

Actually, Sith-created zombies have appeared previously, in the Mysteries of the Sith video game. I've long suspected that the Dathomiri Nightsisters were related to the old (Pre-Bane) Sith, this just reinforces it.

And this actually smoothes over a continuity hiccup between this and the next time we see Dathomir (in The Courtship of Princess Leia). With the Nightsisters (mostly) wiped out by Grievous, any other Dathomiri tribes (like the Singing Mountain Clan) would experience a resurgence. The Courtship-era Nightsisters end up as a weak fringe movement --nothing more than the half-remembered shade oftheir previous glories.

#251 Daith

Daith

Hero of Makeb

• Supporter
  • 5628 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Feb 28 2012, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Btw, doesn't this whole swamp witch origin story totally contradict Ventress' comic book origin?

Actually a previous episode did show her past with her former Jedi Master at least and him getting killed off in front of her. Does change her original homeworld though.

#252 Fishbug

Fishbug

Injector has a posse

• Citizen
  • 9370 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Dammit Dengar, you stop being awesome this instant!

#253 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 13030 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Rule #1 of "Protect the Box" plots: if the box is big enough to hold a person, then there's a nearly 100% chance it holds a person. The rest of the time it's empty.

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#254 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8573 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

"He rules thish world with an iron fish." icon-fire.gif

And damn if I'm not starting to like Ventress.

#255 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48453 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

I don't think I can ever like her personally. I just don't sympathize with her. I still want her to end up on the wrong side of a lightsaber (can't say that about any of the other villains).

Randy

#256 Hecate

Hecate

Beyond the Bounds

• Citizen
  • 27785 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:57 AM

People can change. Ventress clearly has, in some small way.

Loved how she stuffed Boba in a box.

superliminalsubliminalliminal

#257 Daith

Daith

Hero of Makeb

• Supporter
  • 5628 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:09 AM

I have nothing really against Ventress trying to redeem herself, but this has made a couple of bland episodes in a row to me. Don't get me wrong Zombie ninja witches and the great train fight are cool but I really don't feel like this went anywhere for the most part.

#258 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Yay...

• Retired Staff
  • 17525 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Mar 2 2012, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rule #1 of "Protect the Box" plots: if the box is big enough to hold a person, then there's a nearly 100% chance it holds a person. The rest of the time it's empty.

---Dave

I'd assumed it was going to be a bomb, and that the guy who hired them was a revolutionary and that the Ninjas were actually the kings royal guard.

Would have made for a better episode.

So last week we had kinda pointless but fun Zombie Witches Vs Robots. This week we had a kinda pointless but fun Bounty Hunters Vs Ninjas. Next week clearly needs to be Pirates Vs Knights. Or Spaceships Vs Dragons. Or Pirates in Spaceships Vs Knights riding Dragons!

I did like the design of the chick bounty hunter with the feather boa of death.

Edited by Master Fwiffo, 03 March 2012 - 03:14 AM.

#259 Hecate

Hecate

Beyond the Bounds

• Citizen
  • 27785 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:40 AM

Everything is pointless with you people. You're so impatient.

superliminalsubliminalliminal

#260 Dake

Dake

• Supporter
  • 13261 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

I enjoyed this episode and it was neat to see Dengar in fighting trim. I don't know why but I was tickled by the bartender giving Ventress the drink, "courtesy of the lizard in the corner". That made me chuckle.

Also, I loved the space elevator. That's a staple of sci-fi that I don't recall seeing in the Star Wars universe before.

On the technical side of things the animation continues to get more and more impressive. Ventress' facial expressions and lip movements are wonderful and the fight scenes with the ninja train robbers were excellent.

As for the next episode, I guess we're going back in time a bit since Mother Talsin is still alive.
PApddmT.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users