776 replies to this topic

#541 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 31731 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(D Buster Prime @ Apr 22 2012, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Axaday @ Apr 21 2012, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do kids watch this show? Did it teach them that sometimes you have to steal? And that hunting is wrong?

Aladdin has a whole song dedicated to the first moral....

Yes. Bambi has a whole movie dedicated to the other. But it was just kinda striking to me.

#542 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini
  • Citizen
  • 13654 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Episode was kinda "meh" with me. Nice to get the origin of the Thunderkittens, but what I want more than anything is to see them utuilizing more of their bags or tricks in battle.

Anyway, it was satisfying to finally see Cheetara lose her cool, or at least come really darn close to it.

Edited by DrSpengler, 22 April 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#543 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8279 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(Caldwin @ Apr 21 2012, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Apr 21 2012, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"I think they want us to fight to the death." is my new favorite line from this show.

Yeah, that was a nice moment.

They shouldn't have let the kittens watch the Hunger Games.

What I especially liked is that this episode is basically simultaneous with the previous one. Nice bit of continuity/timing.

It occurs to me that, if we ever see the kittens' family again, they might not get a warm welcome. That's if they're still there. I shudder to think what could happen to those outlying homesteads now that Thundera itself is gone. And with people like Atticus and Kaynar out there. . .

#544 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini
  • Citizen
  • 13654 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Was the tornado that killed the Thunderkittens' father the same one from the Panthro origin episode and the Petlar episode?

Nice nod of continuity, if so.

#545 Caldwin

Caldwin

Outta my way!!!!

• Citizen
  • 7204 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE(DrSpengler @ Apr 23 2012, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was the tornado that killed the Thunderkittens' father the same one from the Panthro origin episode and the Petlar episode?

Wow! Completly forgot about that. Nice catch Spengler!

I'm actually a Transformers fan. That's how I joined the Allspark years ago. I just watched the first two episodes on Netflix today. But let me make one thing perfectly clear. I am not, nor will I EVER be...a brony. It's just not who I am. It just is not going to happen.

#546 Transfotaku

Transfotaku
  • Citizen
  • 1425 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(DrSpengler @ Apr 23 2012, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tornado shouldn't have killed pops if pops had half a brain.

Instead of wasting time trying to run in the same path as the twister, and try to climb over a thick tree trunk, he should just have run to the left or right of the path, so he's no longer in the funnel's path.

...oh right, cartoon, drama, lol.

Also:

The kid's family brings a large plot hole to the show. If they really existed prior to the kids going to Thundera, how come the kids never once asked to visit their old home to make sure their family is okay and take them with them (or find a safe spot for them), or gone to bury them, if the reptiles killed them on the way to Thundera.

I mean, it seems that the family home was a very long way away from Thundera, so there's a good chance they survived the invasion.
RIP Libby - Died June 1st, 2012
WANT: Nightmare Unicron, IDW Trailcutter, Hoist x2, Orion Pax x2, BH Arcee, Legend Optimus w/Roller

#547 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 31731 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

It's a good question, but not a plot hole. Even when this week's plot stirred up the memories in them, they still didn't share the story with Panthro and Cheetarah. They don't want to talk about it.

And maybe their home is in the opposite direction from the Tower of Omens and they've never been anywhere close to it since.

#548 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 54287 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

how come the kids never once asked to visit their old home to make sure their family is okay and take them with them (or find a safe spot for them), or gone to bury them...?

it seems that the family home was a very long way away from Thundera, so there's a good chance they survived the invasion.

Order your Guardians of the Galaxy tickets from now until August 4th from Fandango and you not only help The Allspark, but you also get entered in a chance to win original movie props from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers movies.

#549 Exatron

Exatron
  • Citizen
  • 471 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

Instead of wasting time trying to run in the same path as the twister, and try to climb over a thick tree trunk, he should just have run to the left or right of the path, so he's no longer in the funnel's path.

You don't live anywhere near Tornado Alley, do you? Tornadoes don't simply travel in straight lines. They swerve, they jump, they change speeds and directions, etc. Trying to guess where a tornado is going and simply moving someplace else isn't just stupid, it's suicidal. The ONLY reasonable survival tactic is to get to the nearest shelter as fast as possible. That's what he was trying to do. No unnecessary cartoon drama here.

#550 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

I am rather disappointed thus far that they haven't done anything about the refugee/survivor issue. At least they could do some lip-service to how others escaped or were all hunted to extinction or something. I dislike the implication that there's been a full blown holocaust without addressing it directly, but that's just me really.

I did like that the kids have other siblings out there though. At least in theory.
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#551 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 54287 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

I agree that you can't predict the path of the storm, but on the other hand he could certainly ran around the tree rather than trying to climb it.

Order your Guardians of the Galaxy tickets from now until August 4th from Fandango and you not only help The Allspark, but you also get entered in a chance to win original movie props from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers movies.

#552 Transfotaku

Transfotaku
  • Citizen
  • 1425 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(Exatron @ Apr 24 2012, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't live anywhere near Tornado Alley, do you? Tornadoes don't simply travel in straight lines. They swerve, they jump, they change speeds and directions, etc. Trying to guess where a tornado is going and simply moving someplace else isn't just stupid, it's suicidal. The ONLY reasonable survival tactic is to get to the nearest shelter as fast as possible. That's what he was trying to do. No unnecessary cartoon drama here.

While you can't predict the path of the storm, you can hedge your bets on getting out of the IMMEDIATE PATH of it, then hunkering down somewhere safe when you're not going to get tornado-nabbed. The kid's dad should have moved out of the obvious, immediate path of the storm by going off to one of the two sides of it, then finding safety.
RIP Libby - Died June 1st, 2012
WANT: Nightmare Unicron, IDW Trailcutter, Hoist x2, Orion Pax x2, BH Arcee, Legend Optimus w/Roller

#553 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 30707 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Apr 24 2012, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that you can't predict the path of the storm, but on the other hand he could certainly ran around the tree rather than trying to climb it.

I kinda like how every cat can jump two stories high... except in an emergency.

#554 Confuzor

Confuzor

Now put em in Smash Bros!

• Supporter
  • 5003 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(Vestras @ Apr 24 2012, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am rather disappointed thus far that they haven't done anything about the refugee/survivor issue. At least they could do some lip-service to how others escaped or were all hunted to extinction or something. I dislike the implication that there's been a full blown holocaust without addressing it directly, but that's just me really.

Looks like this week's episode deals with that. Also introduces us to a long awaited character!

http://www.thunderca...-videos-images/

#555 Caldwin

Caldwin

Outta my way!!!!

• Citizen
  • 7204 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Woo hoo! Been waiting for this one. Finally, my all time favorite Thunder chick. *looks at Cheetara* Sorry, hon. That's what you get for being such a bitch lately.

I'm actually a Transformers fan. That's how I joined the Allspark years ago. I just watched the first two episodes on Netflix today. But let me make one thing perfectly clear. I am not, nor will I EVER be...a brony. It's just not who I am. It just is not going to happen.

#556 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8279 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Squeee!

#557 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 31731 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

Do we need to change the title to Thundercats Hoes now?

#558 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6417 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

Huh, is that a take on Doberlord from the Wildstorm comics, I wonder?

Edited by Chris McFeely, 26 April 2012 - 04:04 AM.

#559 Caldwin

Caldwin

Outta my way!!!!

• Citizen
  • 7204 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(Axaday @ Apr 26 2012, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do we need to change the title to Thundercats Hoes now?

You know...that was totally not what I intended when I originally created this topic. I only named it this because it's their battlecry. *sigh*

Edited by Caldwin, 26 April 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#560 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 31731 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

*Pokes Caldwin some more

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users