Photo
- - - - -

The GIJOE Thread.

5342 replies to this topic

#741 Detour

Detour

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Supporter
  • 17644 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

VARIANTS!
http://generalsjoes....nough-variants/

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#742 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Oh, that is crazy as hell.

*looks at custom T'gin-Zu*

It's okay, Daddy still loves you... kinda...

Man, I wonder what I could repurpose that Snake Eyes as. The colors just pop for me, but I don't need yet another SE.
"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#743 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus
  • Citizen
  • 2160 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(Detour @ Apr 23 2012, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

INSANITY!

I don't get them, unless they are prototypes or Hasbro will get squirrely and send BOTH sets of figures out to retail. The only two I'm interested in are the green Snake Eyes and grey Duke. I know there is a joke to be made about an assortment of figures where Hasbro sends TWO colors of the same core characters out at the same time.
Already got a "comic" Cobra Commander...4 years ago and with more deco. Never cared for "comic" Cobra Troopers to begin with.

Also, new trailer due tommorrow, Hisstank has the ET preview up: revealing that the old President is still alive.

And I just pieced together the entire GI Joe Retaliation plot....

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 23 April 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#744 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 8969 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

All I want is the green SE (nice color combo, very Reptile), and green Shipwreck (good base for anyone). T'ginzu is okay. Duke, CC and the trooper are easy passes, but the Cobra colors are nice and bright.

ho6m.png

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE

Virtually&nbsp;every custom as good as the title suggests!

#745 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Gray Duke repurpose?
"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#746 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 17644 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Curse you, Luke! Now I'll have to get it!

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#747 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 8969 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Whew, not working on me. icon-fire.gif I want another wave of these -- different existing molds! Make me some new-sculpt-era guys!

ho6m.png

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE

#748 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 17644 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

That's what the Shipwreck is! icon-waspy.gif
(also we're getting a VvV-inspired Kamakura in the Retaliation line)

I wouldn't mind seeing something inspired by the CLAWS and the Neo-Vipers from JvC. The unreleased Iron Klaw head would work nicely on the former.

#749 Dake

Dake

I can see my house from here!

• Supporter
  • 13296 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE(Steevy Maximus @ Apr 23 2012, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Detour @ Apr 23 2012, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

INSANITY!

I don't get them, unless they are prototypes or Hasbro will get squirrely and send BOTH sets of figures out to retail. The only two I'm interested in are the green Snake Eyes and grey Duke. I know there is a joke to be made about an assortment of figures where Hasbro sends TWO colors of the same core characters out at the same time.
Already got a "comic" Cobra Commander...4 years ago and with more deco. Never cared for "comic" Cobra Troopers to begin with.

Also, new trailer due tommorrow, Hisstank has the ET preview up: revealing that the old President is still alive.

And I just pieced together the entire GI Joe Retaliation plot....

If they're really discount store specials it could be as simple as some for Dollar Generals, some for Family Dollar, some for Big Lots... who knows. I think it'd be hilarious if they just kept releasing these four figures in different colors at 3 bucks a pop.

PApddmT.jpg

#750 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17218 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(Dake @ Apr 24 2012, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they're really discount store specials it could be as simple as some for Dollar Generals, some for Family Dollar, some for Big Lots... who knows. I think it'd be hilarious if they just kept releasing these four figures in different colors at 3 bucks a pop.

I can actually see that.

Shipwreck:
*Yellow beard + machine gun + olive uniform = Rock & Roll
*Red beard + laptop + olive uniform = Ton-Up

Cobra Commander:
*Red uniform = v. 21

Officer:
*Bright blue = Brazilian version
*Black w/ new logos = Hunter

Snake-Eyes:
*Desert camo = v. 21
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#751 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 8969 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(Detour @ Apr 23 2012, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what the Shipwreck is! icon-waspy.gif
(also we're getting a VvV-inspired Kamakura in the Retaliation line)

I wouldn't mind seeing something inspired by the CLAWS and the Neo-Vipers from JvC. The unreleased Iron Klaw head would work nicely on the former.

Oh, right, Shipwreck! Absolutely, more stuff like that would be sweet [I dig the green one, as that cableknit sweater would look good on anyone]. icon-fire.gif The Retaliation Kamakura is all right, but not quite there in my eyes [shade of green is juuust a bit off].

But yeah, the Cobra CLAWS and Neo-Viper designs were cool. I would also like to see a General Philip Rey, Venomous Maximus, Skull Buster etc. Those would probably need new parts, though [VM more than Rey]. A lot of other Devil's Due characters would be nice to see, as well.

[Also, as I'm a sucker for clear plastic, I'd like to see an Electric E.E.L.]

ho6m.png

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE

#752 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 17644 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

The more I look at the Storm Shadow from the Renegades 4-pack, the more it reminds me of Sigma Six Storm Shadow.

#753 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional pain-in-the-ass

• Citizen
  • 4158 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

OK... where am I supposed to find these, and when do they come out?
Its not broken.... its ADVANCED!

#754 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 17644 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(Autobot Bubbs @ Apr 24 2012, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK... where am I supposed to find these,

Dollar stores.

and when do they come out?

Supposedly they're out already in the Philippines.

#755 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

I got my Footloose today... kind of a bummer.

The body itself feels okay. There's not a lot of ways to go wrong with a generic jungle camo body. The head and helmet are from last year's Claymore, which was kind of obvious but... I dunno, doesn't feel as special now. Part of it I think is in the goofy hippie surfer personality of Footloose, while the face is... well, it's still Tom Selleck, but not a sarcastic Magnum P.I.-style. This is stone-cold killer Tom Selleck, and it just isn't feeling enough like the character to really get a pass out of me.

Then there's the gear. The webgear, specifically. It doesn't fit. There's really no getting around the fact that it just doesn't fit the figure. It sits above the belt and looks awful. If you do manage to pull it down to the proper place... the back is a Y-shape with the center directly over the backpack hole. There's no way to have him wear the backpack without messing up the webgear.

The backpack itself is nice. I like that they included the flashlight that fits into it. The rifle and pistol feel a bit bland, but not bad. The bazooka I'm not really feeling. I know it's something the original had, but I was never sure why. I guess I shouldn't complain about getting more accessories though. I like the inclusion of the shell. Like the flashlight, I could have seen them passing it over.

And can I just say how annoying it is to see the Club continuing to use "CODE NAME" on the stands when Hasbro stopped doing that in 2009? If the name is going to be on the stand it should be cohesive, and it's OCD-triggering to get two different presentations from two different sources.

Anyway... the overall problem that I'm having here is that the figure doesn't feel special. There are a few problem areas, and the more you think about how those could have been changed, the more obvious it becomes that this is really just a generic soldier in a line that puts those in every other wave. There's a number of preexisting camo bodies and mustached heads that could have been pressed into service years ago, and I'm not really seeing how this is something to get excited about.

#756 Dake

Dake

I can see my house from here!

• Supporter
  • 13296 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

It did seem problematic to me when they developed such an identifiable face. It's cool to have a Tom Selleck and all but now we have two...
PApddmT.jpg

#757 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 17644 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Yeah, I'm not a fan.

I'll stick to my Battle Rangers-inspired LBC:

#758 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 17644 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

FINALLY got the Renegades Storm Shadow!

Great sculpt and costume interchangeability, but I wish all those teenie weenie accessories had some place to store them. And that lone dart has officially dethroned Low-Light's lone bullet as most frustratingly loseable accessory ever.

#759 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 8969 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(Detour @ Apr 24 2012, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The more I look at the Storm Shadow from the Renegades 4-pack, the more it reminds me of Sigma Six Storm Shadow.

Good call, yeah that makes sense. Wish he had red legs, too, as that particular one was one of the more prevalent versions I kept seeing. Plus it's kind of different as SS's go.

QUOTE(Lukeblast @ Apr 25 2012, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a number of preexisting camo bodies and mustached heads that could have been pressed into service years ago, and I'm not really seeing how this is something to get excited about.

I did pretty much that to make my own Footloose and an improved Lt. Falcon.

ho6m.png

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE

#760 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 28206 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

What exactly is the Cobra Commander variant here? I thought the normal dollar store version was black...
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users