Bookers hookers Ringrats OhMy

5364 replies to this topic

#601 Kil

Kil
  • Citizen
  • 6732 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(Skids @ May 3 2012, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WWE put this up on their web site today. Could be a sign of things to come.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/sting

I love how they call it Sting's "WWE Alumni" page, when he's never actually worked for them. I guess WCW has been retconned in as part of the general WWE=AllOfWrestlingHistoryThatWeOwnNow thing.

#602 Detour

Detour

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Supporter
  • 17648 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Why not? They inducted Abdullah The Butcher into their hall of fame even though, from what I've heard, he never worked for any incarnation of the WWE.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#603 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 14556 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE(Kil @ May 3 2012, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Skids @ May 3 2012, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WWE put this up on their web site today. Could be a sign of things to come.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/sting

I love how they call it Sting's "WWE Alumni" page, when he's never actually worked for them. I guess WCW has been retconned in as part of the general WWE=AllOfWrestlingHistoryThatWeOwnNow thing.

Pretty much... I mean, WCW is frequently on WWE Vintage Collection, WCW people and others are inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame...

Edit: Oh... and then, if you actually read the milestones, you'll find this:

On the final episode of WCW Monday Nitro, Sting faces his longtime rival, Ric Flair, for the last time. In a fitting bookend for both Nitro and WCW, Sting defeats Flair and the two competitors embrace after the match. Because WWE acquired WCW before this episode of Nitro, this match would mark the first and only time Sting has appeared on a WWE-produced broadcast.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Edited by LBD "Nytetrayn", 04 May 2012 - 03:22 AM.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

6E96J7Z.jpg

gNLoMUt.png

#604 Kil

Kil
  • Citizen
  • 6732 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

So, the WWE actually brought back Paul Heyman?!?

#605 JP Yantha

JP Yantha

Go Jays Go!

• Validating
  • 1245 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

Paul Heyman speaking on behalf of Brock Lesnar is a pretty good move. It'll keep Brock off TV so they can use him for PPV appearances.
Here's hoping he can keep it interesting.

#606 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Live Free or Dinosaur.

• Supporter
  • 10325 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

Oh dear.

#607 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 17648 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:39 AM

All I'm hoping right now is they don't put Johnny Ace's match in the freaking main event.

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#608 SilverFirePrime

SilverFirePrime

And one more for Jenny and the Wimp

• Citizen
  • 3875 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(Detour @ May 8 2012, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I'm hoping right now is they don't put Johnny Ace's match in the freaking main event.

It's gonna happen. Cena always has to go on last. He main evented a PPV called Elimination Chamber in a non Elimination Chamber match.

When you find yourself standing on the brink of surrender, know that many in the past faced trials such as your own, but overcame them with their great conviction.
No matter the greatness of your desperation, the failures of your efforts, or the injustice of your treatment, at least a few men have stared into the same challenges and emerged victorious from these tests.
Such men are not only a great source of inspiration, but also the very foundation upon which modern society rests.

From lyric booklet of 'Starfall' by Dragonland

The mind. It boggles.
QUOTE(Alvatron!)
...what's a comicon without a roomful of drunken comic geeks singing showtunes to DDR?

#609 DarkeklawGW

DarkeklawGW

A singing fool

• Citizen
  • 5103 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(SilverFirePrime @ May 8 2012, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Detour @ May 8 2012, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's gonna happen. Cena always has to go on last. He main evented a PPV called Elimination Chamber in a non Elimination Chamber match.

I'm just really tired of the "Evil" Boss crap. I mean didn't we have decades of that from Vince. Now we have John "I know how to book but suck at finishes" Lauranitis giving us the "Evil" boss again. I'm sorry I don't give two jives about seeing him or hearing him. They are wasting valuable air time doing the same old thing. Brock was cool but unnecessary, a nice little obstacle for Cena to overcome (Although they should have had him Languish in mediocrity a little longer.) All WWE's good Ideas either end up running way to long or get rushed to a finish.

If you're going to be storytellers actually tell new stories or make the old stuff actually interesting. Lauranitis is a BAD Villain. Period.

For Bella Rose Fraizer-Grant Sept 8, 2011 to Nov 26th 2011... Pop-pop will always love you!!!!

Back in the shirt game.  These two shirts are waiting for when I start their next campaign. 

http://teespring.com...sAbshirt_copy_1 Everyday is Abs Shirt. Ended without tipping 

http://teespring.com/Voices2014 Voices version 4 Ended without tipping.  

#610 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

12-24: Chicago Cubs - Dead And Loving It

• Community Manager
  • 26289 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Well, at the PPV we're going to find out if there's one key difference between Johnny Ace and the evil bosses before him (Vince, Bishoff, etc.) He may be able to do what they couldn't, which was back their mouths up in the ring. Vince was just a jacked old man. Johnny Ace had a legitimate career in Japan and was involved in a lot of great matches. Though having Dr. Death and Kenta Kobashi as tag team partners didn't hurt. Reports indicate he's taking this seriously and training in a ring. I bet you he has a better pro wrestling match with Cena than anyone expects.

As far as going on last, I highly doubt that. There's little chance that Daniel Bryan is beating Punk so I expect them to save that for last.

#611 shumworld

shumworld

"One down, two to go."

• Citizen
  • 7965 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

After I've seen a few of Tensai's matches, I hope WWE doesn't promote the YES gimmick to him.

#612 John Nemo

John Nemo

I can't do that Dave.

• Citizen
  • 4024 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Good article from Chris Sims of ISB and Comics Alliance fame, on why Cena being beaten might be the best thing WWE can do.

http://www.grantland...nar-matters-wwe

#613 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

High on Believing

• Citizen
  • 18975 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

GENTLEMEN.

I bring you a WWE.com article about the history between Bryan and Punk.

Complete with ROH photos.

http://www.wwe.com/s...l-bryan-history

#614 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 17648 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Written in part by Joey Styles, too.

#615 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 14556 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

I agree, I'm sick of the "evil boss" storylines, too. That's why I (sort of) liked the Anonymous Raw GM (a bit... odd, but not quite evil, and not a lot of focus on them), and hoped Teddy Long would win at 'Mania.

It was great while Vince did it... and Bischoff did it and Russo did it and Heyman did it and Stephanie did it and Vickie did it and Shane did it and so on and so forth...

It's something I'd like to see given a rest for a good while. I miss when you only saw the bosses, like President Jack Tunney or Gorilla Monsoon, when there really needed to be intervention.

I swear, when Laurinaitis hit Cena with the mic and said he would be the opponent at "the Over Limit" PPV, I could just hear "It was me, Cena! It was me all along!" going through my head...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

6E96J7Z.jpg

gNLoMUt.png

#616 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 4810 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(John Nemo @ May 9 2012, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good article from Chris Sims of ISB and Comics Alliance fame, on why Cena being beaten might be the best thing WWE can do.

http://www.grantland...nar-matters-wwe

Well Chris painted an epic story..as he tends to do...but for the less batman adled folks in the world....how did it play out on TV?

#617 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

High on Believing

• Citizen
  • 18975 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

http://www.pwinsider...lorida.html?p=1

NXT gets its own tapings and will be integrated into FCW.

I can only see good things coming out of this move.

Unofficial Third Brand Huzzah!

#618 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 17648 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

It's like I told a friend of mine a short while back.
From the look of things, Triple H does a lot more good behind the scenes when he's not in front of them.

#619 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Live Free or Dinosaur.

• Supporter
  • 10325 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Its like anytime he can relax and not worry about how he comes across or how cool he looks, his brain is allowed to actually see the big picture or something.

#620 John Nemo

John Nemo

I can't do that Dave.

• Citizen
  • 4024 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

For all the crap Hunter has caused over the years, he has a great head for the business when he's not directly involved. I have no doubt He can do some great work with the company when the time is right.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bookers, hookers, Ringrats, OhMy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users