#201 -VP-

-VP-

Every time it takes my knees out

• Retired Staff
  • 7859 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(Dr Fang @ Apr 12 2012, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Off topic but... Does anyone see this as "Galenraff Central" when scrolling the forum index?

Well he is married to a Doctor...

energonsig.jpg

#202 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 4253 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

Dr Who's sonic screwdriver 'invented' at Dundee University
Scientists claim to have invented their own version of Doctor Who's famous sonic screwdriver.

The Dundee University researchers have created a machine which uses ultrasound to lift and rotate a rubber disc floating in a cylinder of water.

It is said to be the first time ultrasound waves have been used to turn objects rather than simply push them.

The study could help make surgery using ultrasound techniques more precise, the physicists said.

Sometimes I'm amazed with wonder at the world we live in http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-17760077

#203 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 30738 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hugging sweet.

#204 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 33204 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

New Nash review is up!

This time he tackles The Poseidon Adventure Voyage of the Damned.
Nobody knows what we're for only what we're against when we judge the wounded
What if we put down our signs crossed over the lines and loved like You did?

#205 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 4253 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Anyone listen to the various Audios from Big Finish or BBCAudio?

I finished on the BBC Audio first story with Tom Baker (Doctor 4) {Hornets Nest part 1} and found it somewhat weak...a lot of long passages of being narrated at about what happened in flashback. The big finish dramas are usualy more...dramatic.

#206 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4696 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Made it through two parts of Trial of a Timelord, and have moved on. It can't get better/worse then Brian Blessed, best to quit while I'm ahead.
On them twitters

#207 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle

Zzzzz...

• Citizen
  • 4528 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(Scavgraphics @ Apr 23 2012, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone listen to the various Audios from Big Finish or BBCAudio?

I finished on the BBC Audio first story with Tom Baker (Doctor 4) {Hornets Nest part 1} and found it somewhat weak...a lot of long passages of being narrated at about what happened in flashback. The big finish dramas are usualy more...dramatic.

We've listened to Hornet's Nest and Demon's Quest, and found both pretty lacking. Most of the other audio stories seem a lot better.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

LEGO Clone Wars: The Animated Comics

#208 Fangwing

Fangwing

Space Ceratopsid

• Retired Staff
  • 30258 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Any truth to the teaser posters for the 50th anniversary special floating around, featuring

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Jack, Ianto and Gwen?
Brwoooomp!

#209 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 33204 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Be silly not to include them, honestly. Similarly, I expect the kids from The Sarah Jane Adventures to be involved.

#210 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle

Zzzzz...

• Citizen
  • 4528 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Bit early for them to have anything official prepped for the 50th, surely?
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

LEGO Clone Wars: The Animated Comics

#211 JRSBill

JRSBill

Bow Ties are Cool

• Supporter
  • 1172 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE(Dr Fang @ Apr 23 2012, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any truth to the teaser posters for the 50th anniversary special floating around, featuring

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Jack, Ianto and Gwen?

Since Ianto is dead, I don't think he's going to make this one.

#212 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 33204 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ Apr 23 2012, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've heard this coming season is a short season (Short to our American eyes, anyway) in order to stockpile the budget for the 50th Anniversary, so if that's the case it would make sense if they were already deep in the planning stages.

Not to mention it's the 50th Anniversary - I'd expect all the stops to be pulled down and guest stars aplenty to be had.

#213 JRSBill

JRSBill

Bow Ties are Cool

• Supporter
  • 1172 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

Same number of episodes as in the past. Will start in the fall and run the Christmas episode, believe it or not, on Christmas Day. Then the rest will be in the spring. 6 in a row than 8.

Rory and Amy will leave just before the Christmas episode (episode 5?>) Then Jenna-Louise Coleman will make her appearance as the new companion in the Christmas episode.

So no shorter season, no stock piling money. The only rumor that has been acknowledged is that there will be no multi part episodes, just stand alone.

Edited by JRSBill, 24 April 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#214 Fangwing

Fangwing

Space Ceratopsid

• Retired Staff
  • 30258 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE(Rust @ Apr 24 2012, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ Apr 23 2012, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've heard this coming season is a short season (Short to our American eyes, anyway) in order to stockpile the budget for the 50th Anniversary, so if that's the case it would make sense if they were already deep in the planning stages.

Not to mention it's the 50th Anniversary - I'd expect all the stops to be pulled down and guest stars aplenty to be had.

The same series of posters included HIGHLIGHT to view:
the Eighth, Ninth and Tenth Doctors, as well, so I'm certain all the stops are to be pulled no matter what.
Brwoooomp!

#215 Fangwing

Fangwing

Space Ceratopsid

• Retired Staff
  • 30258 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

On the other hand, it's likely they're fanart and I'm in for a world of disappointment.
Brwoooomp!

#216 -VP-

-VP-

Every time it takes my knees out

• Retired Staff
  • 7859 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE(Dr Fang @ Apr 24 2012, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the other hand, it's likely they're fanart and I'm in for a world of disappointment.

Eccleston has been pretty clear about not wanting to return, so I'd guess he's out, besides archive shots. McGann has been adamant about coming back and even had a new outfit designed (with Sonic Screwdriver). It would be awesome to at least 8s final moments before regenerating into 9. Tennant is definitely ok with coming back last I read.

energonsig.jpg

#217 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE(Nanite @ Apr 23 2012, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Made it through two parts of Trial of a Timelord, and have moved on. It can't get better/worse then Brian Blessed, best to quit while I'm ahead.

Trial is worth going through to the end, at least once. Trust me. You want to be there as we lead into the final part.

@BigFinish: I am a HUGE fan of Big Finish, but budget forced me to cut them a few years ago, so I am woefully behind except on the BBC4 8th Doctor (Paul McGann being one of my favorite Doctor's after all). I have heard mixed reviews of Tom's return, mainly since his voice has drastically aged, which makes things feel off for a lot of fans. Do yourself a favor and acquire any of the following to see how good Audio Who can be:
5: The Kingmaker, Key2Time series, and any of the Turlough ones, Excelis Dawns, Omega
6: The One Doctor, Arrangements for War, Real Time, The Wormery, Jubilee, Davros, Actually almost any of his.
7: Fires of Vulcan, Bang-Bang-a-Boom, The Reaping,
8: Chimes at Midnight, Seasons of Fear, Neverland, Zagreus (40th anniversary special), The Next Life, and the entire Lucie Miller arc (BBC4 Radio)
Side stories: the original Dalek Empire arc, Kaldor City (Not by BF, but so hugging good), and the UNIT stores were fun.
Unbound (New actors/What if's): Any of this subline is worth hearing with actors like David Warner and Aribella Wier as the Doctor.

@50th Anniversary: While I am sure we are going to go for a HUGE anniversary episode, there are some hard truths to face: Eccleston wants nothing to do with Who anymore, Colin and Tom Baker have both aged badly (While 5, 7 and 8 can still pull it off), and no matter what we could wish for, The Brig and Sarah Jane are gone icon-screamer.gif icon-screamer.gif icon-screamer.gif

Still. Last I heard, the 50th was meant to be an independent special next year, not part of the upcoming series at all, or at very least, part of the NEXT one after this upcoming one.
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#218 CORVUS

CORVUS

Not the one you were expecting!

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Indeed. I don't think there's any way in hell Eccleston would return, because he has expressed a lot of somewhat vague disappointment with aspects of the production during his brief tenure.

#219 Database

Database

Dance my ponies, Dance!

• Citizen
  • 21252 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

I still think it would be interesting if they used Benedict Cumberbatch as the 4th Doctor, his take on Sherlock reminds me a lot of Baker's Doctor. Have Tom in some other role if he is up for taking part in another special.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#220 CORVUS

CORVUS

Not the one you were expecting!

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

I don't think there's any way they'd do that, but as a fan I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users