3 replies to this topic

#1 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17093 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

working title: "absurd sentai loser patrol"

Imagine a sentai team comprised of three best friends who, by all appearances, are total slackers.

The kind of slacker who seems to live on pizza, anime, and old role-playing games.

Get dressed up? Not unless they're going to church or somehow seemingly land a sales job.

Get out of the house? Only if they have to.

Get a life? Too busy whipping out the Jane's guides in order to foment house rules for Axis & Allies.

Good guys. Bad guys. Everyone takes one look at them and dismisses them outright as not worth the time.

...which is what they thrive on.

You see, they aren't slacking because they're lazy.

They slack because they can afford to.

Patrol Safety Orange has an advanced degree in business; when he's not working as a consultant, he's contributing to textbooks and scholarly works. Oh, and he's also a knife nut.

Patrol Mint Green is a B-list celebrity chef who fought the infamous "Pinto Bean Battle" on an episode of Titanium Chef. Which was nothing compared to the fact that he put himself through cooking school by working for the Border Patrol.

Patrol Sandstone is a professional athlete (he specializes in marathons but does other sports as well). He's also a street brawler of some renown among the underworld, who tend to shy away from him lest they get hammered.

The three deliberately cultivate an image of being lazy and pathetic in their real lives in order to throw everyone off concerning their real capabilities; they're all well known in their respective worlds, but those worlds are so comparatively obscure that even the people in their subdivision don't recognize them.

So whenever the government needs an alien invasion thwarted, a drug kingpin overthrown, or a hostage rescued, our three heroes pry themselves up off of the couch long enough to show the world just how awesome they really are.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#2 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Shadows betray you, because they belong to Me!

• Citizen
  • 1077 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

Sounds like a good comedy setup. A bit like giving some of The Big Bang Theorys characters superpowers and running with it. Or maybe Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps witih superpowers, but with your idea of them being so smart they aim to be stupid as a defence mechanism. It certainly turns the 'secret identity' cliche on its head.

I like the Safety Orange and Mint Green names.

Also, what do you think would happen if any of the 'cool' heroes, if they're are others in this idea, found out who these guys are. Wonder how they'd take it.

fslookup.jpg

#3 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17093 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(GodSentinelOmega @ Nov 5 2011, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like a good comedy setup. A bit like giving some of The Big Bang Theorys characters superpowers and running with it. Or maybe Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps witih superpowers, but with your idea of them being so smart they aim to be stupid as a defence mechanism. It certainly turns the 'secret identity' cliche on its head.

I like the Safety Orange and Mint Green names.

Also, what do you think would happen if any of the 'cool' heroes, if they're are others in this idea, found out who these guys are. Wonder how they'd take it.

As a joke, I was thinking of also having is to that there's a team of "proper" heroes afoot complete with a female Patrol Red as the leader.

They're all total professionals at what they do, and have all the gadgets & gear.

Thing is, Patrol Red isn't in on the joke.

The rest of her team has figured out that they're the smokescreen for the other three: they go in and handle missions that are too risky or too dangerous for normal civil servants, but not so complicated as to need the trio showing up. As a result, they're the ones the bad guys expect to deal with each time.

Patrol Red, meanwhile, actually knows the trio in real life but is so absolutely convinced of their supposed shortcomings that she won't even give them the time of day. She regards herself as being married to her job, and sees neither of the three as being worthy of her attention.

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Deviant Art page

#4 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17093 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

Mecha ideas:

Patrol Safety Orange - Hurricane Blade

Vehicle mode: Commanche Scout helicopter with twin winch systems on the sides and twin machine guns under the nose

Combat mode: Winch systems open up to reveal hidden rocket launchers

Mecha mode: Tail becomes legs, nose becomes arms, machine guns mount to shoulders, blades reveal from under arms, winch systems rotate into place.

Patrol Mint Green - Thunder Truck

Vehicle mode: hot-rodded El Camino knock-off with a massive engine in the bed, equally massive exhaust pipes, and a spoiler.

Combat mode: suspension elevates, revealing grappling hook launchers. gatling gun emerges from the front grille.

Mecha mode: engine & bed section becomes legs. hood opens up to reveal gatling gun and punching dagger. Hood and sides become arms.

Patrol Sandstone - Sandstorm Jeep

Vehicle mode: Willy's Jeep redone as a hovercraft, complete with roof and oversized cargo pods in rear.

Combat mode: cargo pods open up to reveal twin 90mm beam cannons

Mecha mode: cargo pods separate, revealing massive metallic boxing gloves. Similar transform to Thunder Truck, with cannons mounting to the back of the robot and gloves going over fists.

Deviant Art page

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users