30 replies to this topic

#1 Telly

Telly

Puckish Rogue

• Retired Staff
  • 2741 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:30 PM

been thinkin ill finally pick this up before too long, and was wondering how the moulds held up over the years
When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

"It had a very sinister appearance," Coakley told reporters. "It had a battery behind it, and wires."

"It's the Avatar of video games-except it's better written"-Time magazine quote about Mass Effect 2

#2 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17254 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

It's gorgeous. Well, as far as those old molds can be, anyways.

#3 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 45830 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:41 PM

Yeah, the gold makes it so much better than the yellow and I typically don't like gold on much of anything. It's on sale on BBTS so snatch it up while you can!
15421072186_462d2859a6_o.jpg

#4 Telly

Telly

Puckish Rogue

• Retired Staff
  • 2741 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Oct 26 2011, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's on sale on BBTS so snatch it up while you can!

thats why ive decided to get one lol

"It had a very sinister appearance," Coakley told reporters. "It had a battery behind it, and wires."

"It's the Avatar of video games-except it's better written"-Time magazine quote about Mass Effect 2

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23565 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:53 PM

I've always thought of Predaking as a waiting game, where I'll wait and see if we ever get anything new that I'll like better than the old molds. BBTS having the set for $153 is tempting for what you get for the money though, but they seem to have a lot of them still. I always gravitated toward liking the yellow, too.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#6 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 32092 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:22 PM

I collected up Predaking as a kid, the only team that I got all of. So I never cared whether Predaking got a reissue when other people were clamoring for it.

But this one is so nice I got it anyway and I don't regret it.

#7 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 4978 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

I would highly recommend it.
Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#8 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6802 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

One of the best reissues ever. The toys have nice style to begin with and the new colors really make them pop. He is a premium display piece!
What is singature?

#9 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 4292 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

It's a very unlikely situation, but does anyone have both reissue Predakings? I want to get him some day, but I don't really think I'm feeling the metallic version, you know?

#10 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 45830 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

I threw this together just to show how awesome he looks with other toys.

15421072186_462d2859a6_o.jpg

#11 xZAOx

xZAOx

ALL HAIL GALVACRON

• Citizen
  • 5276 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

I keep thinking about selling my G1 and picking this up, but I'm also lazy.

#12 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4497 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

Do it. i got him for Xmas off my wife and he's just beautiful, the gold just looks great on him.
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#13 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48456 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

Not only is the gold very nice, but the stickers are much improved.

QUOTE(Blot @ Oct 27 2011, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a very unlikely situation, but does anyone have both reissue Predakings? I want to get him some day, but I don't really think I'm feeling the metallic version, you know?

I have both, but if you're asking because you want to buy the original I'm keeping mine.

Randy

#14 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6802 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Oct 27 2011, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not only is the gold very nice, but the stickers are much improved.

QUOTE(Blot @ Oct 27 2011, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have both, but if you're asking because you want to buy the original I'm keeping mine.

Randy

Truly all of the colors are improved, the gold v yellow just stands out the most. I also own both, and while I don't plan on selling either I will say that the original is still very nice. That is why this version with new stickers and paint knocks it out of the park. If you like show accuracy, you can't help but love it. Razorclaw in particular really benefits.

What is singature?

#15 tec

tec

Running with railgun again

• Citizen
  • 15172 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

Can someone plz sell me there spare Tantrum so I can complete mine

#16 Telly

Telly

Puckish Rogue

• Retired Staff
  • 2741 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:43 AM

i had razorclaw as a kid, but he was the only one i was able to get.

*looks at pics* spectacular. if the sale holds ill order him in two weeks (get paid every two weeks. cant really afford him this payday). may even get him if he ISNT still on sale lol thanks for the info folks

#17 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23565 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:56 AM

It looks to me like he's being marked down because they have a lot and they're not selling fast enough, so I don't think it looks like the sale is going anywhere but possibly farther down. I'm actually kind of considering it now, based on the pictures in this thread the gold doesn't seem as dark as I thought.

Still though, based on the inventory "trick" (put 99 in your cart, see how many it actually lets you keep), they have tons of them so it's no hurry. Could get even cheaper.

Edited by Jeremy, 28 October 2011 - 11:16 AM.

"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#18 Phil McFarty

Phil McFarty
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:00 AM

I bought the reissue because I thought I would be able to build it around my original razorclaw, but as soon as I opened up the reissue set I realized I had to keep the reissues together, they are simply amazing to look at. I still have my OG razorclaw on display next to my reissue predaking, though. Also, like cheeetimus said, if you can get a predaking reissue do it cause the set is fantastic.

#19 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48456 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

A very nice subtle touch is the eyes to the face on each figure. Since everyone has gold/yellow eyes and face now, the eyes are a slightly different color from the face to distinguish the two. Also it comes with red eye stickers for both modes as well as Predaking if you don't like the yellow/gold.

Randy

#20 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10500 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

I prefer the yellow to the gold. I have the original toys, and am only hunting for a die-cast version of Divebomb, Razorclaw and Rampage to replace the plastic versions. I don't buy G1 reissues when I can get the original at a reasonable price, anyway... that's my 'thing' in collecting G1. (I do make exceptions for insanely rare and expensive stuff like japanese headmasters or dinocasettes).

Edited by BB Shockwave, 28 October 2011 - 09:45 AM.

Boo-Sig.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users