#141 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 34917 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(DJ Soundwave @ Dec 15 2011, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where;s the best online site to watch walking dead ?

Itunes or Amazon?

Please Check out my G1 Overlord Auction!

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

#142 Galenraff

Galenraff

Oh, by the way I've cracked the code.

• Public Relations
  • 30860 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

The other reason to watch shows on DVD is that you can just bust through them at a good pace. I watched the first season of Walking Dead online in a matter of a week. After the first few season 2 eps, I saved the last 3 and watched them in one sitting. For LOST or 24 this also worked very well. Some shows are just better when you watch them in bigger chunks, because the episode-by-episode structure just makes you hate them for dragging things out.

LookUp_zps6fe77c23.jpg

#143 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1954 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(Galenraff @ Dec 15 2011, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The other reason to watch shows on DVD is that you can just bust through them at a good pace. I watched the first season of Walking Dead online in a matter of a week. After the first few season 2 eps, I saved the last 3 and watched them in one sitting. For LOST or 24 this also worked very well. Some shows are just better when you watch them in bigger chunks, because the episode-by-episode structure just makes you hate them for dragging things out.

This is why I prefer trades to single issues
QUOTE(Xaaron @ Nov 21 2011, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TF Fans draw so many lines, it looks like a frackin' zebra.

#144 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 54371 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Dec 15 2011, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(DJ Soundwave @ Dec 15 2011, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where;s the best online site to watch walking dead ?

Itunes or Amazon?

Season 1 is on netflix.. there might be some on AMC as well.

Order your Guardians of the Galaxy tickets from now until August 4th from Fandango and you not only help The Allspark, but you also get entered in a chance to win original movie props from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers movies.

#145 Slander

Slander

The boys are back!

• MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

MEH.

MEH, I SAY.

#146 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 34917 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, not enough zombies. The new humans were neat, as was the entire bar scene. It just goes to show why Rick is awesome and the leader.

Lori, and her wreck, I couldn't care less about. She shouldn't have went off alone, nor should she have been driving and looking at the map.

The Daughter, with a fever and being bed ridden, I am betting is infected. No way its a coincidence. I just think its weird that no one else is saying anything about it. Shouldn't they have seen this before?

Shane, I still don't see as a negative character. Sure he was harsh, but it took that to finally get Hershal to realize what was going on. So far the only things that he did that were negative is passively aggressively threaten Dale and shoot/leave Otis as bait. And for that last one, he was willing himself to stay, but Otis wouldn't leave him.

On Talking Dead, Dave Navarro gets on to the executive producer about the first half and this episode seem to drag on and not enough zombies are around. His response was that this episode was to show the reaction of the characters after the mid season cliffhanger, and afterwards it would ramp up on Zombie action.

Please Check out my G1 Overlord Auction!

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

#147 Slander

Slander

The boys are back!

• MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Feb 13 2012, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Daughter, with a fever and being bed ridden, I am betting is infected. No way its a coincidence. I just think its weird that no one else is saying anything about it. Shouldn't they have seen this before?

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Beth's having a pretty standard delayed shock reaction. If it is the infection, I'm curious as to how she got it. I watched the scene with her mother pretty closely and zombie mom didn't get a bite in. If she had, there would have been an obvious injury, which Beth lacked.

Anyway, for an episode with only two zombies and a whole lotta talking, this was actually less disappointing and boring than I initially feared it would be. See y'all next week.

#148 Slander

Slander

The boys are back!

• MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

Looks like TWD is back to kicking ass in the ratings.

#149 Nebucron

Nebucron

I like swords.

• Citizen
  • 2628 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

It was an okay episode, but splitting up the season hurts it , as it has very little punch as a "premier", even a mid-season premier. The bar scene was nice, but in all honesty...that was about it. I agree Lori's car crash didn't really convey the desired impact, and I'm finding I care about her character less and less. Carl's starting to be slightly more interesting, but only slightly, and I'm ready for Dale to just die...

Also I can't believe how many stupid things Andrea does in this episode...even if you think all the walkers are gone/ dead...they had JUST shown how dumb of an assumption that was, and she walks into the barn by herself with no visible weapon...how does she know there aren't any more walkers lurking in there? I'm not riding on the back of the tailgate with them either...dead or not.

This is also rapidly becoming a zombie show without any zombies. I know, "it's not about the zombies"/ We get that, but you really need some zombies, or it gets boring fast.

Still, I think this ep was better than pretty much the whole first half of season 2. I'm also wondering how much truth there really was in anything the guys in the bar told Rick, and how much they were just fishing for info. Maybe this is setting up an into for the Governor? not counting on it, but I'd like SOMETHING interesting to happen...

#150 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 2594 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

It happened too fast for me but was the guy in the bar really was reaching for his gun? So Rick was right to shoot him? That bar scene was intense and it was just the conversation.

Shane tried to rape Lori when he was drunk and he did put Rick in his gun scope sights once.

A friend said that Glenn put on some muscle. I don't quite see it.
Feel the Fear!

#151 Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000

Extinctpundit

• Citizen
  • 13311 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

It's somehow cathartic to have every single character in this show each have their own moment to say that the entire first half if this season was a stupid pointless mistake.

I can sort of see more drama coming, but still this was a heavily fast-forwardable episode
The TFWiki: when just five Infernos aren't enough. http://www.tfwiki.net

#152 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 3984 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(Fero McPigletron @ Feb 18 2012, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It happened too fast for me but was the guy in the bar really was reaching for his gun? So Rick was right to shoot him? That bar scene was intense and it was just the conversation.

Shane tried to rape Lori when he was drunk and he did put Rick in his gun scope sights once.

A friend said that Glenn put on some muscle. I don't quite see it.

Yeah, I didn't see it until I watched the replay it happens very fast but he goes for his gun, and the other guy just seemed to be setting of warning signs the whole time.

#153 CORVUS

CORVUS

Its showtime, folks!

• Supporter
  • 28412 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Indeed he DOES go for his gun, right after chuckling and saying "This guy...", and so Rick blows him away, and then blows away Mr "I'll kill you and take blah blah blah".

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#154 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

We need to get this place sprayed.

• Supporter
  • 4564 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Feb 13 2012, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lori, and her wreck, I couldn't care less about. She shouldn't have went off alone, nor should she have been driving and looking at the map.

QUOTE(Nebucron @ Feb 15 2012, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree Lori's car crash didn't really convey the desired impact, and I'm finding I care about her character less and less.

Pretty much this.

After I saw her wreck I said that she is officially the stupidest person on the show. She had absolutely no business going after them in the first place!
I think this whole car accident is just a plot device for her to lose the baby and have no moral qualms brought up about it by the other characters or the audience.
Personally speaking as a new father, I do believe that keeping the baby would be the biggest mistake ever. A screaming newborn or crabby infant are going to be nothing but a big "dinner bell" for any walkers in the area.

#155 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 54371 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

When her car wrecked I said "Haha.. her blinker is on" so I guess it didn't have much impact on me either.

Order your Guardians of the Galaxy tickets from now until August 4th from Fandango and you not only help The Allspark, but you also get entered in a chance to win original movie props from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers movies.

#156 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23548 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Well, the entire thing was just stupid anyway, they could have written in a bit better reason that she needed to run off. Basically Rick and Glenn are sent go to look for Hershel, knowing where he's probably at, and suddenly she needs to go look for Rick?
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#157 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE(Jeremy @ Feb 19 2012, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the entire thing was just stupid anyway, they could have written in a bit better reason that she needed to run off. Basically Rick and Glenn are sent go to look for Hershel, knowing where he's probably at, and suddenly she needs to go look for Rick?

I was yelling at the tv for her ridiculous reason to run off so quickly. They were barely gone. Also how stupidly she was driving, emphasizing that point even more *with* the windows rolled down.

The bar scene was probably the best scene in the show. When the guy took a leak *inside* with them, that pretty much told Rick all he needed to know, the comment about looking for women backing that up even further about how these survivors were surviving.

Edit: I think the other group is going to find Lori.

Edited by Alpha Omega Trion Supreme, 19 February 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#158 Slander

Slander

The boys are back!

• MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'm gonna have to admit it. This episode was pretty badass. It made me finally like Hershel.

#159 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Citizen
  • 2274 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

So the set-up with Lori last week was just a way of allowing for zombie action this week. Bleh. Though, to be honest, the zombie losing it's face to the windshield was pretty cool.

Meanwhile, I'm guessing they leave the farm at the end of the season. Yeesh.

#160 Galenraff

Galenraff

Oh, by the way I've cracked the code.

• Public Relations
  • 30860 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

I thought the barn thing was what would have gotten them evicted from the farm. Interesting that it hasn't, and that Rick and Hershel seem to be fast friends.

Shane is still a bit too over the top, and Dale is getting more annoying. Most of the other characters are being better though, because they're doing a lot less sitting around and ruminating. All the stuff in town was solid.

Lori's whole car thing was just plain dumb. When it went airborne, it was like the writers were shouting "We don't know what we're doing with this character WHHHHHEEEE!"

Overall, it still bugs me how safe the farm is overall. Having a genuinely safe home base that's worth them thinking about protecting and "going to war" over just doesn't feel realistic enough for the direness of the situation. It's easier to produce for TV by staying in one place, sure, but it doesn't seem to be serving the story after this long. It'd be better if they kept on the move, finding interesting things week to week, and giving us a look at the world at large, revealed bit by bit.

LookUp_zps6fe77c23.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users