Photo
- - - - -

Walking Dead Season 2

328 replies to this topic

#181 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9511 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

The governor

#182 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 2369 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

I think Shane will smother the wounded kid in his sleep.
Feel the FEAR!

#183 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9511 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

Tonights episode was slightly more interesting, but still no plot progression

#184 Nebucron

Nebucron

I like swords.

• Citizen
  • 2620 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:57 AM

So yeah...a lot of action tonight...a lot of COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS action. No one dies. No conflicts really get resolved. No meaningful new characters are introduced...don't tell me Randall is meaningful - not seeing it...and we're back to the status quo AGAIN. We get it...Shane is the Walking Dead. He sees himself that way, too. Great. Let's make it official, kill him and get off that farm already.

Edited by Nebucron, 27 February 2012 - 02:05 AM.

#185 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6359 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

I haven't watched any new episodes since the show came back, but what I'm going to do is watch the last episode of this season. I feel pretty sure I won't have missed anything, and that's sure to involve Shane dying and them HIGHLIGHT to view:
finding the prison in the final seconds. Then I'll give the show a fresh shake with the third season, since if they're bringing the Governor in, that at least means they're abandoning the "one season=one tpb" formula and picking up the damn pace.

#186 Scottimus Prime

Scottimus Prime

Wanna check these ratings? I seem to have an audience of 2...

• Supporter
  • 6090 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Working on a set of the new Season One trading cards, I got this... icon-hotrod.gif

amy.jpg
QUOTE(Drivaaar @ Jan 22 2006, 06:22 PM)
Y'see, even the Editor of the Enquirer has to draw the pun line somewhere, and you just obliterated that line with a big huge cannon filled with vast amounts of gunpowder.

#187 Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000

Extinctpundit

• Citizen
  • 13082 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

As usual, Shane is totally right and getting jive on and villainized for no reason. If they were going to sentence that kid to death just to make sure he didn't know where they lived, they'd sure blow his head off once he told them he already knew.
The TFWiki: when just five Infernos aren't enough. http://www.tfwiki.net

#188 CORVUS

CORVUS

Not the one you were expecting!

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

Well, its happening for poorly-written and somewhat poorly-defined reasons. Weak-writing has become an unfortunate hallmark of this show. Its very frustrating.

#189 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 34654 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

So the question was raised, is Shane infected now? He cut himself with the same knife that he had previously stabbed a walker with, and some are wondering if he is now infected?

Also, what was up with the infected cops not being bitten?

Please Check out my G1 Overlord Auction!

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

#190 Slander

Slander

The boys are back!

• MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

Why do people in movies and TV always cut themselves on their palms? The last place I'd ever want to cut myself is a gripping surface with tendons and major blood vessels directly underneath. I'd go for a meatier place where a shallow cut wouldn't impede my ability to do stuff, like the back of my forearm.

I mean, honestly.

#191 CORVUS

CORVUS

Not the one you were expecting!

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

I've always wondered that too. Usually it boils down to creases there making it look more like an actual cut with no need for anything besides the fake blood, but sometimes they don't even go that route.

But yeah, anyone who has ever gotten even a minor cut along a joint crease on their fingers or hands knows its annoying as all getout.

Edited by ^0^CORVUS^o^, 28 February 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#192 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

I am Babushka Sky Lynx. I come from Russia.

• Citizen
  • 6695 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

So Beth's fainting spell was just her being sad, after all. No airborne zombie infection. Although with the unbitten cops, they are once again implying an airborne pathogen. That would explain how the virus spread so fast, although it would make it odd that none of the main characters have been infected.

I can't imagine why they're even considering executing Randall. With the state of the world, life shouldn't be so cheap. They should keep him on a short leash but give him a chance to redeem himself.
I have signatures disabled because they suck.

#193 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 34654 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

I can't imagine why they're even considering executing Randall. With the state of the world, life shouldn't be so cheap. They should keep him on a short leash but give him a chance to redeem himself.

Yeah, its just them being paranoid and over cautious in the new world. Its just the writers' way of showing how people have changed/are now.

Edited by The Predaking, 28 February 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#194 JRSBill

JRSBill

Bow Ties are Cool

• Supporter
  • 1172 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

They showed a number of open and empty food cans and stuff on the ground. I'm thinking that everyone was holed up there and ran out of supplies and either killed themselves or starved to death. That would explain the non wounded zombies. The ones that were, were killed by the members who died/killed themselves. Pretty simple explanation.

#195 Crypt

Crypt

Cryptinite Demon

• Citizen
  • 12859 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Feb 28 2012, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, its just them being paranoid and over cautious in the new world. Its just the writers' way of showing how people have changed/are now.

Meh, it's just poor writing. They have no real reason to kill him or set him free now that he's given his little backstory in the last episode. And Rick is a bitch. He should have just left shane for dead. Shane just threw a 20 pound friggen wrench at him. Ridiculous. And we're AGAIN no further in the plot than last episode.

This show has widdled itself down to two likable characters: Herschel and Glenn. Dale is annoying as of late, but not too bad. Everyone else I just hate now.

#196 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 53405 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

So is this show suffering from the Heroes syndrome?

A show that was so fantastically amazing in the first season, fans try to find things to like about the second season despite being in denial about how bad it is until one day it will get so bad you'll wonder why you've been going through the motions this long for a show that was only good at the start?

#197 Slander

Slander

The boys are back!

• MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Feb 28 2012, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so fantastically amazing in the first season

Beyond the first 20 minutes, there was little that was amazing about the first season. To be honest, the heavier action of these last two episodes has made this show's other flaws much more tolerable; as long as I get to see zombies being killed and people bickering over all the same jive, I could give a hug about moving the plot along.

Also, while I liked Heroes and stuck with it far longer than I should have in the hopes that it'd redeem itself, the first season really wasn't as great as the nostalgia goggles would like us to think it was. The show had so much potential, but the producers and writers squandered it left and right, even early on, and that was far more tragic and dramatic than anything that happened in front of the camera.

#198 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 34654 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Feb 28 2012, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So is this show suffering from the Heroes syndrome?

A show that was so fantastically amazing in the first season, fans try to find things to like about the second season despite being in denial about how bad it is until one day it will get so bad you'll wonder why you've been going through the motions this long for a show that was only good at the start?

Nope, its more that the show had an awesome 90 minute pilot, and then just steadily got worse, and now here we are.

#199 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20494 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE(Mouse_Pad @ Feb 28 2012, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Beth's fainting spell was just her being sad, after all. No airborne zombie infection. Although with the unbitten cops, they are once again implying an airborne pathogen. That would explain how the virus spread so fast, although it would make it odd that none of the main characters have been infected.

Depression can make you basically useless and confined to a bed. It was rather simple to understand what was going on with her.

#200 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20494 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE(Crypt @ Feb 28 2012, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(The Predaking @ Feb 28 2012, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Meh, it's just poor writing. They have no real reason to kill him or set him free now that he's given his little backstory in the last episode. And Rick is a bitch. He should have just left shane for dead. Shane just threw a 20 pound friggen wrench at him. Ridiculous. And we're AGAIN no further in the plot than last episode.

This show has widdled itself down to two likable characters: Herschel and Glenn. Dale is annoying as of late, but not too bad. Everyone else I just hate now.

Hmmmm guess you have never been in a fight with a close friend or partner. Again its a rather simple concept to understand. Sometimes those things a resolved in a fight, sometimes through a long drawn out talk. They decided they needed to fight, let some aggression out and move on from there. No Rick saw the cops laying there and regained some clarity as to their relationship. You know that whole cops are brothers stereotype You just don't ditch your best friend because you got into a fight.
Rick has always been the honorable one and during the fight and walkerfest he lost that outlook.

Perhaps you people are just over thinking these things or something?

They have all the reason to kill him, Which you know they explained in the show as too why. They also showed why it was a hard choice given the fact Rick needed a night to think on it.

This reminds me of War of the worlds. The one with Tom cruise, where they are driving up to the ferry and people go apejive because they have a working car. Things break down to their rawest form, all the while they are being hunted by aliens. This is what they are battling, That instinct to fend off and survive, vs that need of having other people to help...

Its a rather complex issue for anyone let alone a group to deal with.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users