Battle Lines Part 5 comic discussion

7 replies to this topic

#1 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

Obviously spoilers for those who care, but I was wondering...

On page 13 there is a scene with Optimus Prime talking to Magnum. Suddenly Dion runs up to them to report about the Decepticons. Dion of course won't recognize Optimus as Orion, and you might even say Dion has been upgraded so much Optimus wouldn't recognize him, but then Magnum says "How many, Dion?" with Optimus standing there.

So does Optimus know Dion lived now?

Also Deathsaurus makes the comment that half Megatron's troops are "brainwashed Autobots", and while it's possible those are the background filler characters, anyone wonder if maybe any of the main Decepticon troops of Megatron were once Autobots? Was there ever a day when maybe Soundwave, Thundercracker or Shockwave was an Autobot?

BTW - Anyone else thinking Magnum will get damaged and rebuilt using an Autobot warrior upgrade like Prime, and become Ultra Magnus?

Edited by mignash, 12 October 2011 - 11:49 AM.

#2 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4767 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

Yup, I always figured Magnum = Magnus.

Deathsaurus survived his beatdown, I like that.

Edited by Nanite, 13 October 2011 - 01:47 PM.

On them twitters

#3 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 4052 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:02 PM

Haven't read it, but wouldn't the "brainwashed Autobots" be a reference to the Robo-Smasher? One of the Constructicons origins.

Edited by Fenix Twilight, 14 October 2011 - 11:02 PM.

#4 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

Yes, it was a Robo-Smasher reference, but the Constructicons were never Autobots, they were always Constructicons. SO I figured they didn't count. The only Autobot who was Robo-Smashed was the Gyronian Sentry. I wonder if anyone else used to be an Autobot.

Edited by mignash, 16 October 2011 - 08:26 AM.

#5 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Hoarder of Toys

• Citizen
  • 10923 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:22 AM

It's not like this is canon for the G1 cartoon continuity, y'know. TFCC comics are pretty much fanfics that gotten lucky and are published at a convention, nothing more.

ToC-Funtcuck.jpg

#6 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34407 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Oct 17 2011, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not like this is canon for the G1 cartoon continuity, y'know. TFCC comics are pretty much fanfics that gotten lucky and are published at a convention, nothing more.

They're official. Fun Pub works directly with Hasbro to make sure that all of the stories fit Hasbro concerns. Regardless if the "story" is comic, prose or even just a bio, Hasbro has had a say in each and every one.

But your point about "canon for the G1 cartoon" stands. The Wings-verse is not set directly in the Sunbow cartoon universe. They're simply similar continuities.

Edited by NightViper, 17 October 2011 - 07:44 AM.

#7 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48975 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Oct 17 2011, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really classy. Don't think for a moment that Hasbro doesn't likely go over them with a fine toothed comb. I'll gladly take a lot of what Fun Pub publishes over a lot of what IDW has given us.

Also Forest Lee used to write the Club stories and he worked/works for Hasbro. So you're second point is uninformed.

Randy

#8 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 11450 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE(mignash @ Oct 16 2011, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, it was a Robo-Smasher reference, but the Constructicons were never Autobots, they were always Constructicons. SO I figured they didn't count. The only Autobot who was Robo-Smashed was the Gyronian Sentry. I wonder if anyone else used to be an Autobot.

IIRC, The Secret of Omega Supreme says there were a bunch. The comic says there were more Sentries, at least--they're called a "sentry team" and we're told "they all failed to report for duty." Presumably this is because Megatron robo-smashed them all.

TSOOS has always been an amusing episode for me. The theme tells us that the Autobots are trying to "destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons", and then the show itself says that some of the Decepticons are brainwashed citizens/Autobots. Someone didn't think about the implications of that... icon-fire.gif
QUOTE(NightViper @ Oct 17 2011, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But your point about "canon for the G1 cartoon" stands. The Wings-verse is not set directly in the Sunbow cartoon universe. They're simply similar continuities.

Yeah, it's not THE continuity, but it is A continuity.
Shattered is the best thing to happen to me, ever!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users